Med's Done....
first time 20-07-2012; re-done: 09-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
That's right. Peru will be on the biometrics list from December 31.

Yes to both questions.

Signed, scanned, emailed to you is acceptable
Thank you for this great information!!!

himanshu_iitd

Sep 27, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Doc's Request.
16-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-07-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
Hi members,
This is regarding TRV for my parents. It will be great of you members to clarify following queries regarding applying online:

My status here in Canada:
1. Me and my family are on PR here.
2. Me and my wife have started a business (as Directors of an Ontario Incorporation)
3. We bought a house as well.

Queires:
1. How do I apply for the TRV for my parents? From my GC account OR create a new GC account on behalf of my parents?
2. Do they need to declare that they are authorising me to process the application or should I apply on their behalf without a mention of that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My status here in Canada:
1. Me and my family are on PR here.
2. Me and my wife have started a business (as Directors of an Ontario Incorporation)
3. We bought a house as well.
Your parents must prove the are short-stay visitors + they have strong ties to return to their country of residence + finances to afford the visit.

Queires:
1. How do I apply for the TRV for my parents? From my GC account OR create a new GC account on behalf of my parents?
New account.

Your dad can be the principal applicant and your mom can be a dependent.

2. Do they need to declare that they are authorising me to process the application or should I apply on their behalf without a mention of that.
Your choice. If they authorize you as their rep then they must each fill/sign/scan/email the IMM 5476 form

Reactions: himanshu_iitd

himanshu_iitd

Sep 27, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Doc's Request.
16-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-07-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
Thank you so much Bryanna for such a prompt response.
There is one more issue which I realised just now.
There are some name mismatch in my parent's name as specified/mentioned in my passport and their passports.

My passport: Rashmikant Keshav Thakker / Hemlata Raghavji Thakker
Father's Passport: Rashmi Kant Thakker
Mother's Passport: Hemlata Thakker

Should I make amendments in passports first or VISA officer will let go of it.
I recently invited my in-laws and they also had such minor name mismatch in wife's and their's passport.
What do you think?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My passport: Rashmikant Keshav Thakker / Hemlata Raghavji Thakker
Father's Passport: Rashmi Kant Thakker
Mother's Passport: Hemlata Thakker
These are major mismatches. Not something that either the Indian passport authorities or IRCC will overlook.

You would want to keep in mind future goals such as super visas/PGP PR sponsorship. How are their names spelled in your birth certificate?

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am applying for visitor visa for my in-laws.
My Father in-law is retired and Mother in-law is house wife.
They have agricultural income and rental income.
In the question: Do you have job/business in your home country what should I mention?

Where to show their agricultural and rental income?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for visitor visa for my in-laws.
My Father in-law is retired and Mother in-law is house wife.
They have agricultural income and rental income.
In the question: Do you have job/business in your home country what should I mention?
Business

Where to show their agricultural and rental income?
Their income tax returns for the last two years + any liquid finances as 'Funds available for my visit'

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Business

Their income tax returns for the last two years + any liquid finances as 'Funds available for my visit'
Thank you for quick reply Bryanna,

But if I mention Business do they need to show any business related documents like (Business registration, tax filed under the name of business etc)
Cause they don't have any business.
The Agriculture and rental income is shown in income tax under "Agricultural income" and "Income from other sources"

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But if I mention Business do they need to show any business related documents like (Business registration, tax filed under the name of business etc)
Cause they don't have any business.
Agriculture is business. Your parents do not earn a fixed income (salary) + they are no employed by an employer, etc.

The Agriculture and rental income is shown in income tax under "Agricultural income" and "Income from other sources"
That's for their tax returns.

They must select 'Business' for the TRV applications. Do they pay taxes for the agricultural income or they submit Form Js?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Very sorry to jump in this topic but I haven't been successful in getting responses on my previous threads.

I will be applying for my parents visit to Canada soon. I am confused about the following:

1) My father is employed and mother a housewife. For purpose of trv will my father be the primary applicant and my mother his defendant? I read in the guide that dependents have to be under 22?

2) Will my father and mother have to fill up separate copies of all the forms?

3) Since my mother doesnt have income/employment she doesnt have much funds in her bank account. What do we mention in the application form against "funds available for this visit". All my mothers travel expenses will be borne by my father and once they r here, by myself and ky husband.

4) I have been employed in canada since 9 months only and last tax return showed no income. Even though I'm currently employed, should I be the host or should I make my husband the host as he has been in canada for a longer period and filing taxes for longer. Or should both of us be hosts and show our combined employment, bank statement and tax returns?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Your father can be the principal applicant yes.
Yes your father and mother have to do completely suppurate application.
In your mother visa application, she can use your father's proof of funds and write a letter that he would be responsible
The more proof of financial stability the better for both of you.
If my father is the principal applicant and trv is granted, then will both of them have to travel together or can my mother travel alone and after few months my father can travel alone on the trv?

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hey @Bryanna ,
Hope you're well.

I'm applying for my a TRV for my mother-in-law.

1. Neither of my parents-in laws work as they're retired.
2. Father-in law doesn't get pension as he worked abroad and not in his home country.
3. Mother in law has an apartment in her name - however, there's no income from that. So they both typically depend on their 2 sons for financial support.

Question:
- For the question "Do you depend on someone for financial support?" - shall we say 'Yes' - because they both have no income other than from their sons.

- For her financial support, should I get a letter from her sons?

- For her own funds - should we show bank statement in her name or can we show her sons' bank statement? [I can provide my T4s for last 3yrs as additional support]

Thank you.

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi All,
I want to apply for my parents and younger sister from Bangladesh as visit visa.
  • My father is employed
  • My mother is housewife
  • Sister is 2nd year university student
Can my father be the principal applicant and my mother and sister will be his dependent to accompany him? My father will show his employment letter with approved vacation time, financial papers such as bank statements,fixed deposits, tax papers, home papers. My sister will show approved vacation letter from university and mentioning she will be back after her vacation. My mother will show her bank statement.

Is there any good chance to get Visa if all of them apply together? Approximately what is a good amount ( in CAD) for three people for one month visit?
What else will be needed to establish a good reason for getting the visit visa?

Thanks. Your reply will be appreciated

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @Bryanna ,
Hope you're well.

I'm applying for my a TRV for my mother-in-law.

1. Neither of my parents-in laws work as they're retired.
2. Father-in law doesn't get pension as he worked abroad and not in his home country.
3. Mother in law has an apartment in her name - however, there's no income from that. So they both typically depend on their 2 sons for financial support.

Question:
- For the question "Do you depend on someone for financial support?" - shall we say 'Yes' - because they both have no income other than from their sons.

- For her financial support, should I get a letter from her sons?

- For her own funds - should we show bank statement in her name or can we show her sons' bank statement? [I can provide my T4s for last 3yrs as additional support]

Thank you.
Hey, long time. I'm good. Thanks.

IMO:
1. Do you meet the requirements for their super visas? I'm assuming your in-laws would like to stay for long duration.

2. Yes, to all your questions. They must also include the tax returns of the sons + evidence they live with their sons (??)

3. Depending on the evidence of their individual ties, you may want to consider applying first for your dad-in-law and later for your mom-in-law (she seems to have a stronger application)