+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension

Asangi

Mar 9, 2024
Hello ,
My visitor visa 6 month stay will ends in April 2024. I am planning to apply extension.when I read the process, it says I have to apply for visitor record and it let me work in canada without a work permit.what does this mean.will I get a open work permit when I apply for visitor visa extension.
I am so confused
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
My visitor visa 6 month stay will ends in April 2024. I am planning to apply extension.when I read the process, it says I have to apply for visitor record and it let me work in canada without a work permit.what does this mean.will I get a open work permit when I apply for visitor visa extension.
I am so confused
Thanks
No it doesn’t allow you to work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ,
I am so confused
Thanks
Is there are reason why you need to continue visiting Canada? Unless independently wealthy you are unlikely to be able to justify how and why you need to continue visiting Canada and there will be concerns that you may be working illegally for cash. Did you come to Canada assuming that you could easily secure a job and a WP? Unfortunately many arrived assuming this was possible only to discover that it would be much harder than they thought if not impossible. There are many with WPs who are struggling to find a employment between the large influx of newcomers over the past few years and the weak economy.