+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension denied advice please,

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
I have some questions regarding to denied visa extension,if someone applied to extend their visa ,but got a refusal letter,and they left canada less than one month after the refusal are they going to have any problems coming back in Canada in the future!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have some questions regarding to denied visa extension,if someone applied to extend their visa ,but got a refusal letter,and they left canada less than one month after the refusal are they going to have any problems coming back in Canada in the future!
There should be no issues returning to Canada provided they don't try to return too soon after leaving.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Ida remi

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
For 18 months ,i got a visa extension for 6 months,and i waited for the answer of this on for almost 6 months?

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
You have to answer the following questions yourself:
- Why was the extension denied? What changed? What was lacking?
- Is there still a valid reason/invitation for me to go back?
- Are all the reasons (finances, family ties, proof of return etc) OK?
- If refusal reasons aren't clear, request for visa notes.

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
You have to answer the following questions yourself:
- Why was the extension denied? What changed? What was lacking?
- Is there still a valid reason/invitation for me to go back?
- Are all the reasons (finances, family ties, proof of return etc) OK?
- If refusal reasons aren't clear, request for visa notes.
I am a permanent resident,but my sister visa was denied.
Because of the Covid she applied for extension,the first time was approved,and then she applied again for the same reason but was refused.
I will give birth to my child in a couple of months,and she wanted to visit ,but I guess she is going to have to wait months.

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
I am a permanent resident,but my sister visa was denied.
Because of the Covid she applied for extension,the first time was approved,and then she applied again for the same reason but was refused.
I will give birth to my child in a couple of months,and she wanted to visit ,but I guess she is going to have to wait months.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
Persons wishing to extend temporary resident status in Canada must satisfy an officer that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay, that they will not contravene the conditions of entry and that they do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you
This was the letter?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For 18 months ,i got a visa extension for 6 months,and i waited for the answer of this on for almost 6 months?
In that case I would recommend your sister remain outside of Canada for 8-12 months before trying to come for another visit.

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
@scylla
Thanks for your valuable contribution to this blog. Hope you are doing well.
I have applied for Visitor visa extension of my parents. They have multiple entry visitor visa that expires in 2023. They arrived in Canada in Dec-2020. I applied for extension in June-2021. (15 days before 6 months)

The problem is: I only applied for 1 month. Now, my parents want to stay longer. Considering the application processing is taking longer than 6 months, Can I raise a web form requesting a change in extension requirement? Will they have to leave at the end of July? (i.e. the requested extension date)