+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - chances

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't need it if you're married and have attached a copy of the marriage certificate. Or you may attach it and write N/A.

saghat said:
Hi there,
I really need someone to help me sort this out...My wife and I, wanna apply for a tourism visa to canada, from Nigeria...though i have included our marriage certificate, but i wanna know if i still need to add the form IMM5409E (statutory declaration of common law union).
please get back to me asap.
Thanks in Advance.

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
job_seeker said:
You don't need it if you're married and have attached a copy of the marriage certificate. Or you may attach it and write N/A.
hello job seeker, i have a pending question above... i need some advise, thank u in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No relationship. Chatmates? :) You're hurdle is proving you're going back to the Philippines.

prettylhei said:
thank you for the reply, do you think it matters what relationship what we have? we been chatting for almost 2 years technically we just friends but i wont deny it, the feelings is more than that.

and one more, do i have to prove that we are really friends? i mean relationship wise, will i need to show that we are really constantly chatting for 2 years already?

thanks in adavance:)

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
job_seeker said:
No relationship. Chatmates? :) You're hurdle is proving you're going back to the Philippines.
thank you in advance.. so all i have to prove is my ties to my country?

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Hi there peeps,
I really wanna know , the extent to which Visa Officers verify Supporting documents?
Thanks in advance.

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
job_seeker said:
@ job_seeker,
hello again ... im from the Philippines and i wanna visit Canada in July, can you recommend a date when to apply for a visitors visa? what is the right date to applied so I can go to Canada in July if i will be lucky.

and when my friend provide some information about his personal info, will the Canadian embassy will contact him and verify the information?

and will it be safe to say we are special friends? do i need to prove that we are really been chatting for 2 years? do i need to show letters, remittances, or gifts coming from him?

and will i need to show bank book or just bank cert will do? or both?

and just in case i will get lucky, do i need to bring the show money in cash when i travel?

thanks in advance:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
prettylhei said:
@ job_seeker,
hello again ... im from the Philippines and i wanna visit Canada in July, can you recommend a date when to apply for a visitors visa? what is the right date to applied so I can go to Canada in July if i will be lucky. 3 months before the planned visit

and when my friend provide some information about his personal info, will the Canadian embassy will contact him and verify the information? Yes, statement of undertaking, photocopy of proof of status in Canada (passport or ID or DL)

and will it be safe to say we are special friends? do i need to prove that we are really been chatting for 2 years? do i need to show letters, remittances, or gifts coming from him? No, your friend will be seen as your tie and the officer might conclude you won't leave after your planned visit

and will i need to show bank book or just bank cert will do? or both? Bank certificate

and just in case i will get lucky, do i need to bring the show money in cash when i travel? Bring some.

thanks in advance:)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Saghat,

I don't think anyone knows for sure how deeply they will go to verify your supporting documents. Visa offices get hundreds, if not thousands of TRV applications each day to go to Canada.... I doubt they have much time to verify anything... Maybe the office in Nigeria is different... But it's my impression that they look at each file application, probably for a total of 45 seconds, and if something doesn't jump out at them that makes them think you're a good candidate for a TRV, then you're denied. But again, I could be wrong... Perhaps, if you make it past the initial 45 second review, they will look further into your supporting documents to make sure they're true.... In my experience (first attempt at TRV successful) with the Santo Domingo office in Dominican Republic, they didn't verify the information (ie: call employers), however it shouldn't matter if they call and do extensive research into it because they're real and true. Each visa office could be different.

Like Baloo said before, if your documents are real, it shouldn't matter how far the delve to verify them... If you're thinking of using false documents, DON'T DO IT! It will come back to bite you in the butt and will ruin any future attempts to obtain a TRV. Your name will be flagged and your previous applications kept on file, so pretty much, after that you wouldn't even be able to get into Canada because of misrepresentation. Totally not worth it!

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Tink23,
Thanks for the great saving advice, however, do u still mean to say that ,even though i was previously denied a TRV to Canada, will the Visa office have a record of my initial application, for a crosscheck incase i come with new application, even though my previous application was not denied on the issue of fake documents.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saghat said:
Tink23,
Thanks for the great saving advice, however, do u still mean to say that ,even though i was previously denied a TRV to Canada, will the Visa office have a record of my initial application, for a crosscheck incase i come with new application, even though my previous application was not denied on the issue of fake documents.
They sure do have a copy, and it is very likely that it will be crosschecked.

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Thanks for the regular rapid responses, however i still have a question bothering me....As i have said earlier I'm a Nigerian, and i have a Tanzanian Tourism Visa on my passport(3months), though it has expired now and i did not use it at all to travel to Tanzania.....pls tell me do u think this could affect my application for a TRV to Canada?
reply always appreciated, thanks in Advance,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saghat said:
Thanks for the regular rapid responses, however i still have a question bothering me....As i have said earlier I'm a Nigerian, and i have a Tanzanian Tourism Visa on my passport(3months), though it has expired now and i did not use it at all to travel to Tanzania.....pls tell me do u think this could affect my application for a TRV to Canada?
reply always appreciated, thanks in Advance,
Will have no effect.

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
I was made to understand that there are some Visa Officers of the Canadian embassy on this forum...most especially amongst u guys that responds to posts, and those guys with VIP membership and am sure of some guys like steaky... lolz

But really!, no matter what or who u guys are ...i must confess u guys are doing a great job..by putting applicants to order.......

As for me i'll be forwarding my application soon and i believe that with all the questions that i have asked on this forum, i'll have a course to give thanks to God and thanks u guys too.

seniorita

May 7, 2011
Macedonia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for Visitor Visa 1 week ago, I was wondering, when they'll open my application, will they let me know that my application is being processed? Or, when it's all done, I'll have the answer of approved or rejected visa?

::)