Visitor Visa - chances

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saghat said:
Hi there,
Please i need very urgent answers to these questions.
(1) Do i need Health Insurance to go on a tourism visit to Canada, and would a Visa officer mandatorily request for it as at the time of applying for a visa.

(2)Under "purpose of visit" do u have any idea of what i can say is my purpose of Visit?

(3)There are lots of free events/activities or tour packages in Canada for tourists to visit...Would a Visa officer recognise my application if i chose any of the interesting free tour packages?.
pls reply.
your response is always appreciated and meaningfull.
Thanks
1) No
2) Tourism, sight-seeing of Niagara Falls, for example.
3) Yes

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Usually in my country(Nigeria), the regular processing time for a TRV is 15 working days(practically a month).,
Now my question is this...I want to apply for a TRV in this month of August 2011, and i have scheduled my travel date to November 6,2011 if granted a visa by Gods grace.

Pls tell me, is the date i chose as travel date OK ?....or i need to shift it forward a bit...i mean the difference between the time of application submission and the travel date.

pls i need urgent answer.

I have always appreciated the responses from you guys.
Thanks

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
saghat said:
Usually in my country(Nigeria), the regular processing time for a TRV is 15 working days(practically a month).,
Now my question is this...I want to apply for a TRV in this month of August 2011, and i have scheduled my travel date to November 6,2011 if granted a visa by Gods grace.

Pls tell me, is the date i chose as travel date OK ?....or i need to shift it forward a bit...i mean the difference between the time of application submission and the travel date.

pls i need urgent answer.

I have always appreciated the responses from you guys.
Thanks
Sorry, you are wanting to apply this month, but go to Canada in November.. Or you are wanting to apply and also leave this month and come home in November? Please clarify. =)

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
I want to apply this month, and travel to Canada in November.......is the time difference OK ?, since the processing time in my country is just 15 working days.
Thanks for getting back to me .
Appreciate.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
saghat said:
I want to apply this month, and travel to Canada in November.......is the time difference OK ?, since the processing time in my country is just 15 working days.
Thanks for getting back to me .
Appreciate.

I don't know if anyone else has experience with this??? If you do - please reply.
However...personally, I wouldn't apply too early if I was in your position.
I applied 7 weeks early for mine, mine is 10 working days... I gave myself enough time to re-apply again in case I got denied.. Is that why you plan to apply so early? I think September sounds like a good time to send in your application. :)

Goodluck!

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Ok, Thanks for the reply........so if u think September would be a good time to apply, how many days would u advise me to give, in case i was denied. i.e, when do u think i should select as travel date?
Thannks

superpeyt

Jan 16, 2011
Hi itscoezy! can you send me a personal message too regarding the possibilities to get the visitor's visa approved? how much would be the minimum show money? is it the host who needs show money or the guest? thanks! i'll wait for your reply

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
steaky said:
hello everyone i just have some question and i hope you can help me, thank you in advance:)

i am from the Philippines and I have been chatting to a Canadian man for almost 2 years, he is inviting me to come over on his coming birthday on July 2012, he is willing to provide some documents needed for invitation. he is a pretty established man and he wanted to sponsor me a 3 weeks visit in Vancouver. I wanna know what are my chances considering I haven't met him in person. and i wanna know some advice on how im gonna do it. thanks in advance and any help will be appreciated. thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Pretty slim if you can't show enough ties with the Philippines. You should show proof of employment with a reputable company, enough funds of your own even if he'll shoulder your expenses while you're in Canada, travel history.

prettylhei said:
hello everyone i just have some question and i hope you can help me, thank you in advance:)

i am from the Philippines and I have been chatting to a Canadian man for almost 2 years, he is inviting me to come over on his coming birthday on July 2012, he is willing to provide some documents needed for invitation. he is a pretty established man and he wanted to sponsor me a 3 weeks visit in Vancouver. I wanna know what are my chances considering I haven't met him in person. and i wanna know some advice on how im gonna do it. thanks in advance and any help will be appreciated. thank you.

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
job_seeker said:
Pretty slim if you can't show enough ties with the Philippines. You should show proof of employment with a reputable company, enough funds of your own even if he'll shoulder your expenses while you're in Canada, travel history.
thank you, just a follow up question...
how much money should i show? unfortunately i dont have travel history. and i work in a good campany. it will just a 2 to 3 weeks visit..

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
prettylhei said:
thank you, just a follow up question...
how much money should i show? unfortunately i dont have travel history. and i work in a good campany. it will just a 2 to 3 weeks visit..
The amount of money really depends on if you need to purchase accomodation/food etc for your stay or if you are staying with someone etc. Show as much money as possible. There have people who have been declined with 10,000 and others who have been approved with 2,000 so it really depends on the officer.
goodluck

prettylhei

Aug 7, 2011
itscoezy said:
The amount of money really depends on if you need to purchase accomodation/food etc for your stay or if you are staying with someone etc. Show as much money as possible. There have people who have been declined with 10,000 and others who have been approved with 2,000 so it really depends on the officer.
goodluck
thank you for the reply, do you think it matters what relationship what we have? we been chatting for almost 2 years technically we just friends but i wont deny it, the feelings is more than that.

and one more, do i have to prove that we are really friends? i mean relationship wise, will i need to show that we are really constantly chatting for 2 years already?

thanks in adavance:)

saghat

Jul 22, 2011
Hi there,
I really need someone to help me sort this out...My wife and I, wanna apply for a tourism visa to canada, from Nigeria...though i have included our marriage certificate, but i wanna know if i still need to add the form IMM5409E (statutory declaration of common law union).
please get back to me asap.
Thanks in Advance.