+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Application for siblings question

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Please help and answer my question if you can, I had applied for my 16 years old brother and 19 years old sister through new portal, I applied for 4 months stay visit visa but can I change my brother’s stay to 5 weeks as he is in 12th grade and he only gets leave for 5 weeks from school even he could get more days off but do you think it makes file stronger, can I send a webform to change dates for my brother’s stay as I don’t want the refusal, please if anyone can help Thank you.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Please help and answer my question if you can, I had applied for my 16 years old brother and 19 years old sister through new portal, I applied for 4 months stay visit visa but can I change my brother’s stay to 5 weeks as he is in 12th grade and he only gets leave for 5 weeks from school even he could get more days off but do you think it makes file stronger, can I send a webform to change dates for my brother’s stay as I don’t want the refusal, please if anyone can help Thank you.
When did you actually submit this application? You have asked the same question 5 times since Feb in different threads and never got an answer. 4 months was way too long to ask for, a month would have been reasonable. I think you are too late to try and change it via web form. You could try to withdraw the app and resubmit, not sure if that would help your situation or not.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
When did you actually submit this application? You have asked the same question 5 times since Feb in different threads and never got an answer. 4 months was way too long to ask for, a month would have been reasonable. I think you are too late to try and change it via web form. You could try to withdraw the app and resubmit, not sure if that would help your situation or not.
Thanks you had seen that I had asked question 5 times in DIFFERENT THREADS because I WANTED AN ANSWER AND I ASKED THIS QUESTION TODAY ONLY, ALSO I WANTED THAT MY QUESTION SHOUL SEEN BY MORE PEOPLE.
Now, you get my point. Just go check it again when I posted it. Even I had applied in June. June that was last month not February, that is the second month of the year.
Thank you for your time and reply though.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks you had seen that I had asked question 5 times in DIFFERENT THREADS because I WANTED AN ANSWER AND I ASKED THIS QUESTION TODAY ONLY, ALSO I WANTED THAT MY QUESTION SHOUL SEEN BY MORE PEOPLE.
Now, you get my point. Just go check it again when I posted it. Even I had applied in June. June that was last month not February, that is the second month of the year.
Thank you for your time and reply though.
I see that now, my bad. The rest of my comments still stand and in the future try no to spam the site with multiple posts of the same question.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I see that now, my bad. The rest of my comments still stand and in the future try no to spam the site with multiple posts of the same question.
Please if you can’t help don’t make rude comments, I am not the first who did this and I will stand with my answer and please go and check the dictionary, it is not called spam for your information and knowledge, if you were in school and have a question regarding any subject in the class and you might asking different people to get the answers, that’s what you call “SPAM”? If yes, then sorry I can’t help with your correction and be respectful to others, please.
And please don’t tell me my how much I should post or not.
Thank you. Learn to respect others and be kind please.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can raise a webform and change length of visi
You can send a webform. Does it strengthen profile - probably not as 5 weeks is still a long visit. Assume they have the funds. If your sister stays for so long then what are her ties to return?

Reactions: Dhillon96

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
You can raise a webform and change length of visi

You can send a webform. Does it strengthen profile - probably not as 5 weeks is still a long visit. Assume they have the funds. If your sister stays for so long then what are her ties to return?
Thank you very much for the reply, yes they showed
50k CAD and I showed 55k CAD only for their expenses, my mom also has a visitor visa but my grandmother is still in India as she is taking care of my grandmother , does it help? Should I say 3-4 weeks for my brother’s stay and will be attaching his fee receipts for whole year fees.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much for the reply, yes they showed
50k CAD and I showed 55k CAD only for their expenses, my mom also has a visitor visa but my grandmother is still in India as she is taking care of my grandmother , does it help? Should I say 3-4 weeks for my brother’s stay and will be attaching his fee receipts for whole year fees.
All you can do is wait for a response. What does you mom taking care of your grandmother have to do with your siblings? Siblings have to show ties to return like school. Given your mom has a visa is weakens their ties to return as whole family wants to come to Canada. Again wait and hopefully you will get positive result. I would not send webform because it adds more questions.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
All you can do is wait for a response. What does you mom taking care of your grandmother have to do with your siblings? Siblings have to show ties to return like school. Given your mom has a visa is weakens their ties to return as whole family wants to come to Canada. Again wait and hopefully you will get positive result. I would not send webform because it adds more questions.
Sorry for misunderstanding, my mom is here in Canada right now but my sister taking care of grandma.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Thanks for the advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry for misunderstanding, my mom is here in Canada right now but my sister taking care of grandma.
The fact that your mother is in Canada and that your sister asked for a long visit makes her application very weak. If she is able to leave for months your grandmother has other options when it comes to caregiving. How long has you mother been visiting Canada? Does he have a supervisa? A 19 year old would be typically attending school or working and not visiting family abroad for 4 months especially at this time of year. There will be significant concerns that she is not going to to return to India. If your mother has been visiting Canada without her 2 other children there will be concerns that they are attempting to join her in Canada.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
The fact that your mother is in Canada and that your sister asked for a long visit makes her application very weak. If she is able to leave for months your grandmother has other options when it comes to caregiving. How long has you mother been visiting Canada? Does he have a supervisa? A 19 year old would be typically attending school or working and not visiting family abroad for 4 months especially at this time of year. There will be significant concerns that she is not going to to return to India. If your mother has been visiting Canada without her 2 other children there will be concerns that they are attempting to join her in Canada.
Yes I know it’s really complicated thing, my sister is not studying right now, she is preparing for ielts exam as if she comes to Canada , we honestly want her to get study permit. My mom is on regular visitor visa and she’s been coming here since 2019.
Thank you.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I got refusal today with generic reasons, the eligibility never started, also I am not sure if the agent looked over application or not as it’s Monday morning in India, or do they work on Sunday ? I am really frustrated.
Applied- 16 June
Refusal- 17 July

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I got refusal today with generic reasons, the eligibility never started, also I am not sure if the agent looked over application or not as it’s Monday morning in India, or do they work on Sunday ? I am really frustrated.
Applied- 16 June
Refusal- 17 July