+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - 2022 for Spouse (Sponsor is PR in Canada)

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Everyone, I know that a few people like me must be in the same boat. So, please use this thread if you are PR in Canada and your spouse has applied for Visitor Visa.

Let's hope for the best.

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) through the IRCC Portal for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
Application Stock on: "Review of Eligibility" and "Background Check"

I hope to reunite with my wife very soon. If anyone who applied in January or February has already got an answer, please let us know.

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: MJenish

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Background - I am PR holder in Canada and applied for VV for my wife who is in India. And I have not applied for Spousal Sponsorship yet.

VV Application 1 (IRCC Portal):
Lodged on: May 13, 2022
BIL: May 13, 2022
Biometrics completion & updated: May 18, 2022

Waited for approx 30 days and then decided to reapply again.

VV Application 2 (IRCC Portal):
Lodged on: June 12, 2022
Review start: July 4, 2022 (Around 2:30 PM)
Now waiting...

dadat

Jul 16, 2022
Background - I am PR holder in Canada and applied for VV for my wife who is in India. And I have not applied for Spousal Sponsorship yet.

VV Application 1 (IRCC Portal):
Lodged on: May 13, 2022
BIL: May 13, 2022
Biometrics completion & updated: May 18, 2022

Waited for approx 30 days and then decided to reapply again.

VV Application 2 (IRCC Portal):
Lodged on: June 12, 2022
Review start: July 4, 2022 (Around 2:30 PM)
Now waiting...
How does it work that you submit Application #2 and do you cancel Application #1 and recover the application fee? Do they recognise that they already have biometrics from the Application #1 when you submit #2?

It seems really unfortunate if there's a pot luck system where an application might progress where another just stalled. We are using a solicitor so I'm now thinking whether I open up a second app myself

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
How does it work that you submit Application #2 and do you cancel Application #1 and recover the application fee? Do they recognise that they already have biometrics from the Application #1 when you submit #2?

It seems really unfortunate if there's a pot luck system where an application might progress where another just stalled. We are using a solicitor so I'm now thinking whether I open up a second app myself
I submitted webform quoting I want to withdraw 1st Application. In response they said refund is not guaranteed but they will withdraw my application soon.

You can try applying second time if nothing is moving then. But just to let you know that I am still stuck on eligibility review and it's around a month since then.

Good luck and

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) through the IRCC Portal for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022 and I got Refusal Letter on July 29th 2022. Total waiting time 127 days

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
BVL: July 29th 2022
Refusal Letter: July 29th 2022

The content of the letter read:
----------------------------------------------
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
-------------------------------------------------

Reactions: MJenish

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I applied for my spouse's Visitor Visa on May 5th, 2022, However, I did not get any response. While I applied during that time processing time is 120 days and now the processing time is 158 days from the INDIA location. My question is whether my file processing time is considered 120 days or a new processing time of 158 days. Please advise so I can take action accordingly as it has been already 3 months and not had any response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for my spouse's Visitor Visa on May 5th, 2022, However, I did not get any response. While I applied during that time processing time is 120 days and now the processing time is 158 days from the INDIA location. My question is whether my file processing time is considered 120 days or a new processing time of 158 days. Please advise so I can take action accordingly as it has been already 3 months and not had any response.