+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record

Herry20

May 23, 2023
Hello ,
I applied for my parents visitor record. Got approved 7 weeks ago but didn’t get visitor record to given address. They are travelling back to India on 8th June. So can anyone advice if they can travel without visitor record ?
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
I applied for my parents visitor record. Got approved 7 weeks ago but didn’t get visitor record to given address. They are travelling back to India on 8th June. So can anyone advice if they can travel without visitor record ?
Thanks.
They can leave anytime. They don’t go through Canadian immigration when leaving. Visitor record is just to stay in Canada.

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Hello ,
Thanks.
Hi. Can you please share how long it took to get approved- the VR ? Timeline will be helpful as i am in a similar situation. thanks.

Raj_Can

Dec 12, 2022
Hi All, I'm trying to apply for my parents visitor record. Can I do it via my IRCC account or it should be via parents account? Portal to visa extension is different than the visitor visa application site. Any references would be helpful. Thanks!

mehjabeen

Jun 15, 2009
Hi,

My mother is in Canada on visitor status and last year we applied for an extension. It was granted, and we received a visitor record with permission to stay until Feb 2024. The reason we previously mentioned was to spend summer vacations with grandchildren. We are two siblings, and both are in Canada; my brother is a citizen, and I am on permanent resident status. I want to ask what reason can be given now. We want to apply for an extension again, the second time, as we want her to spend more time with us.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

My mother is in Canada on visitor status and last year we applied for an extension. It was granted, and we received a visitor record with permission to stay until Feb 2024. The reason we previously mentioned was to spend summer vacations with grandchildren. We are two siblings, and both are in Canada; my brother is a citizen, and I am on permanent resident status. I want to ask what reason can be given now. We want to apply for an extension again, the second time, as we want her to spend more time with us.
What is the reason now? We cannot tell you why she should stay longer.

erjapaured

Jun 1, 2022
Hello I just need an advice. My parents applied for visitor record. Their 6 months of stay expired last Dec 16, 2023. We applied for visitor record November 10th, 2023. On January 5th, we received request for medical and Jan 8th got an In-Canada approval letter with the validity of Feb 02, 2024.

My questions are:

1. Is the validity given in the In-Canada approval letter will be the same as the one in the visitor record?
2. After doing the medical, should we submit the medical forms thru webform on the same application and they will be sending a new visitor record? Or should we apply a new visitor record attaching the medical forms?

Thank you for your help!

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello I just need an advice. My parents applied for visitor record. Their 6 months of stay expired last Dec 16, 2023. We applied for visitor record November 10th, 2023. On January 5th, we received request for medical and Jan 8th got an In-Canada approval letter with the validity of Feb 02, 2024.

My questions are:

1. Is the validity given in the In-Canada approval letter will be the same as the one in the visitor record?
2. After doing the medical, should we submit the medical forms thru webform on the same application and they will be sending a new visitor record? Or should we apply a new visitor record attaching the medical forms?

Thank you for your help!
Hello, I am in the same situation for our in-laws extension. I got the medical request on the 5th and and approval letter on the 8th in the portal. But the validity is only till Feb 5th 2024. I am not sure is this the validity for medical? If you know any information please let me know.

Thank you.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi,

Hi, I applied to my mom for visitor visa extension last week. Can you tell me how long they take for granting the approval? what was your timeline?

erjapaured

Jun 1, 2022
Hello, I am in the same situation for our in-laws extension. I got the medical request on the 5th and and approval letter on the 8th in the portal. But the validity is only till Feb 5th 2024. I am not sure is this the validity for medical? If you know any information please let me know.

Thank you.
I don't know too. I am not sure that's why I want to confirm but it looks like it. I am just confused with the approval though and them sending the visitor record, as said in the In-Canada approval letter. If you found out something, please let me know. Thanks.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
I don't know too. I am not sure that's why I want to confirm but it looks like it. I am just confused with the approval though and them sending the visitor record, as said in the In-Canada approval letter. If you found out something, please let me know. Thanks.
Are you extending for the first time? I extended for the first time by November.