+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Visa Rejected

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Hi Guys,
I need your help I applied for a visiting visa with my family but unfortunately my application has been refused for the following reasons as per their letter :
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1- Your travel history
2- Your immigration status
3- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
4- Limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
5- Your current employment situation.
I am working in Saudi Arabia as a finance manager and I attached a letter from my previous and current employer and I am working here for 15 years and I am still working I don't know why they said that I have limited employment prospects, my current employment situation, while I am already working also why they talk about my immigration status while I am legally working here.
I traveled to US for three times and my family once.
What did they mean by my family ties in Canada and country of residence?
I am trying to apply again but before that I need your advice.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
where is your family located? what they usually are concerned about is whether visitors visiting family in canada are going to overstay, and try to work there illegally.
including copies of your recent paystubs may prove helpful.
if your family is with you or another country, send info to prove that
do you lease or own where you live? include copies of proof of lease/mortgage
what is your immigration status in Saudi Arabia? if you are there on a work visa, include it.
usually for travel history, i think they want an outline of where you've been, including copies of stamps in your passport to show entry/exit
i've also read many people send full iteneraries of their plans while in canada. also, how long did you ask to visit for? too long of a visit can cause denials, from what i've read.

hopefully others with more knowledge of this application can help you! good luck!

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Thank you so much rhcohen2014
My family located with me here in Saudi Arabia. I leased here. Also I made a mistake in my application form I put a wrong date in my visa status in my current resident country I think after I will correct this it will solve most of the problems but still I have two problems
1- Your travel history despite I included all the stamps of US in my application but it didn't work do you have any suggestions on this?
2- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence what is your suggestion on this also? If I get a visa from Us embassy is it work?
Because I want to reapply again in same time I don't want to be rejected again.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
qassali99 said:
Thank you so much rhcohen2014
My family located with me here in Saudi Arabia. I leased here. Also I made a mistake in my application form I put a wrong date in my visa status in my current resident country I think after I will correct this it will solve most of the problems but still I have two problems
1- Your travel history despite I included all the stamps of US in my application but it didn't work do you have any suggestions on this?
2- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence what is your suggestion on this also? If I get a visa from Us embassy is it work?
Because I want to reapply again in same time I don't want to be rejected again.
1. did you explain in writing your travel history to accompany the copies of the stamps? include dates and specifics of where you were/what you did.
2. i can't really give you a knowledgeable answer on this - though i don't think they care if the US approves you. rules are significantly different. canada is known to be tougher. again, proving your family ties in your country is vital - proof your family is with you, and you support them. also, if you have kids in school - proof they are enrolled. providing more information is always better than less! i don't know what your family ties are in canada - though i would assume they want to make sure you aren't going to overstay, so providing enough proof of your home country *may* help prove your intentions to just visit canada.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- Your travel history
Where did you TRAVEL? Not just USA and somewhere else?

2- Your immigration status
You made a mistake in dates- it could be the reason but also the reason could be that you do not live in your country of citizenship. You are an IMMIGRANT in your country of current residence.

3- Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
Do you have relatives in Canada?
4- Limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
- your immigrant status in SA. You may extend your visa in SA or you may not. It does not depend on you.

Why do you want to go to Canada?

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Dear rhcohen2014
No I did not explain in writing only I mentioned the provinces and cities that I will visit my family with me here in Saudi and provide proof that I will support them but I did not enclosed their immigration certificates and my kids schools enrollment and this also an other mistake that I made.

Thank you so much Regina no I travel only to my home country and US and Saudi. Yes I am working here in Saudi since 1998. Unfortunately I don't have relative in Canada I have only friends and I don't know where are they now.
My visa in Saudi is yearly renewable so you can't extend it more than one year.
I want to go to Canada only for enjoying my vacation with my family I have a good job here with a very good salary because of that the officer did not say anything about my financial ability and I don't want to relocate if I want I will relocate to US because one of my kids born in US.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I travel only to my home country and US and Saudi.
You see there is a problem. You have never been in Europe or Australia or UK yet but would like to go to Canada at once. Canada does not recognize itself as a country where you would like to go before any other country.

I want I will relocate to US because one of my kids born in US
No , you are not able to do that. Your kid could when he reaches his age.

My visa in Saudi is yearly renewable so you can't extend it more than one year.
Exactly. So you HAVE NO ties in your country of residence neither you have them in your home country.

Also, you traveled to USA with your family once and it was procisely that time when your wife delivered a baby there. Was not it convinient? :D

qassali99

May 8, 2014
No I have ties on home country my mother and brothers and sisters and my extended family also I have my own home and properties there.
Now if I get a visa form any European country without traveling can I get the visa to Canada?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
qassali99 said:
No I have ties on home country my mother and brothers and sisters and my extended family also I have my own home and properties there.
Now if I get a visa form any European country without traveling can I get the visa to Canada?
That rejection is basically very generic, you wanna know real reasons why then order GCMS notes ( since this is not sposorship, you will need to order from 3rd party vendors which cost around $30+ ) - the file has officers comments

Now, coming back to your rejection
Young male working in other country ( I assume ur single ) is a basically high risk for overstaying or other means to settle down. Having a US visa/travel doesn't guarantee this, nor will having other visa stamps - travel history is gathered over the years
You need to improve on the paperwork, show more proof that you will go back - show some kinda travel plan etc - most of it is luck too, you can't do much but retry but at time, the situation is simply against you
As for ties in Canada - they mean, you don't have anyone to visit here

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
same scenario when I first applied and got the rejection. I too work as an expatriate worker here in KSA for 10 years. After I got the US visa stamp and used it once..I applied for the second time for TRV and luckily got approved with multiple entry...

we may not have the same specifics but yes definitely it's quite challenging to get a visa if you are living outside your country of citizenship...

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Dear Kewl, are you still in KSA? If yes can we communicate privately through phone or email to know about your experience in this matter?

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
I would like to suggest you to apply with careful planning next time but all based on genuine facts. Embassy people see thousands of cases and they evaluate on certain standard rules. include property papers which you hold in your country to show ties, your immediate relatives like parents , sister ,brothers in your country, this information is what you are going to provide in form, If you have'nt mentioned that you have no one to visit than you can ask some friends to send you sponsorship so than you can visit. try to mention your intent with limited words without over explaining. proof of good funds, strong banking statement, statement from your work place showing that you have not resigned and are on leave, show intent for a shorter stay. But I would like to ask you why you only want to visit Canada when visa is once refused, Europe, Uk are generally considered as tourist places and people usually like to visit them first. this question arise in my mind when I read your intent to reapply for visit after refusal, it can arise in any mind. Find some justifiable reply to it. Best of luck!

qassali99

May 8, 2014
Thank you so much dear Sadia Jalil, I choose Canada because when I visited US my friends there told me a lot about its beautiful, safety, and the welcome of people there so I guess that it is a good please to visit with your family.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Regina said:
Canada does not recognize itself as a country where you would like to go before any other country.
Really?? :eek:

I would consider Canada the first option for anything. Such a perfect country if it wasn't for them not having Spanish as an official language :p

(I would always ask that question... why go to Paris if you can go to Quebec? Why go to Seattle if you can go to Vancouver? Why go to Houston if you can go to Calgary?)