+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Visa for Parents

philomath2020

Jul 28, 2020
Hi All,
After going through lot of posts here, I got skeptical in applying Super visa for my parents. I am now applying for visitors visa and have two questions. Could someone help me with the details.
Question 1: How long does it actually take for a visitors visa application? (as per the processing times listed it looks like 160days)? Is that accurate and is there any chance of expediting the process?

Question 2: If visa got approved and parents are here in Canada. Can I apply for Super visa when they are in the country? or can I extend their stay on Visitor's visa if in need?

Thanks in advance for the help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,
After going through lot of posts here, I got skeptical in applying Super visa for my parents. I am now applying for visitors visa and have two questions. Could someone help me with the details.
Question 1: How long does it actually take for a visitors visa application? (as per the processing times listed it looks like 160days)? Is that accurate and is there any chance of expediting the process?

Question 2: If visa got approved and parents are here in Canada. Can I apply for Super visa when they are in the country? or can I extend their stay on Visitor's visa if in need?

1. More or less. If they have an approved US or Canadian visa, it may be processed more quickly.
2. Supervisa must be applied from home country, not in Canada. They can extend once in Canada and it may or may not be approved.

Reactions: philomath2020

philomath2020

Jul 28, 2020
1. More or less. If they have an approved US or Canadian visa, it may be processed more quickly.
2. Supervisa must be applied from home country, not in Canada. They can extend once in Canada and it may or may not be approved.
Thank you. Unfortunately they don;t have either of the Visas approved.

Elsa Zoya

Dec 5, 2022
Hi All,

Question 1: It only takes 1 to 2 weeks. uno online
Question 2: No, they must apply for a super visa from their home country as required by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rules.

philomath2020

Jul 28, 2020
Question 1: It only takes 1 to 2 weeks. uno online
Question 2: No, they must apply for a super visa from their home country as required by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rules.
Thank you so much that is a relief . 2-3 weeks should be good. because, I wanted to spend XMas with them.
Is it better to apply Super Visa or Visitor for them?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
It is NOT 1-2weeks. Not sure where u got that information. Right now most offices are delayed, it is taking months even that is considered fast.

philomath2020

Jul 28, 2020
A travel itinerary is not mandatory but is a general overview of what the person will do when in Canada. The letter of invitation can include an itinerary. Doesn’t need to be day to day.
Thank you. I gave tentative plan with few date ranges.

philomath2020

Jul 28, 2020
Update:
Looks like what @Elsa Zoya mentioned is true. Got my parents visa approved in 3 weeks.

Details:
My parents living in India, I applied as representative for them on Dec 05th in the portal. Got biometrics letter on the same day.
Scheduled for 08thDecember.
Received passport submission on 15thDecember.
Submitted passport on 29th December
Received stamped passport on 03rd Jan.
processing time took only 2 weeks. but i submitted passport little late.

Thank you everyone.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Update:
Looks like what @Elsa Zoya mentioned is true. Got my parents visa approved in 3 weeks.

Details:
My parents living in India, I applied as representative for them on Dec 05th in the portal. Got biometrics letter on the same day.
Scheduled for 08thDecember.
Received passport submission on 15thDecember.
Submitted passport on 29th December
Received stamped passport on 03rd Jan.
processing time took only 2 weeks. but i submitted passport little late.

Thank you everyone.
that's amazingly fast... congratulations!