+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Rejection Advice

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
Hello forum veterans, seeking some advice here.

My wife is currently in the midst of a Spousal PR application (in Pakistan), she's given her biometrics a few weeks ago.

We applied for a visit visa for her, she is currently completing her university degree, and is set to graduate in July.

We requested a 10 day stay in Canada in Late May/early June, and included a letter from her University confirming her status. We included that she's coming to visit her spouse after months of being apart, we included that she needs to return to write final exams, graduate, attend convocation, and on top of that she'd like to stay with her parents and 4 younger siblings as she's been living hours away from them for the last 3+ years for University, and she can finally be with them after graduation.

We applied on March 27th, and we got rejected today (April 3).

There was nothing at all on the rejection letter except:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"

I definitely want to re-apply, but I am trying to figure out what the right approach is -- should I order GCMS notes, wait to see if I can get a more accurate reason for rejection and then address that? Or should I re-apply while stressing that she is going to return at the end of her visa (I don't know how to do that more clearly than we already did..)

any advice?

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
please let me know if anyone has advice for my re-application.
I have seen multiple approvals using OLD. portals, as New portal working on some parameters with the help of Chinook software so when you apply for next time, use OLD GIC. key

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello forum veterans, seeking some advice here.

My wife is currently in the midst of a Spousal PR application (in Pakistan), she's given her biometrics a few weeks ago.

We applied for a visit visa for her, she is currently completing her university degree, and is set to graduate in July.

We requested a 10 day stay in Canada in Late May/early June, and included a letter from her University confirming her status. We included that she's coming to visit her spouse after months of being apart, we included that she needs to return to write final exams, graduate, attend convocation, and on top of that she'd like to stay with her parents and 4 younger siblings as she's been living hours away from them for the last 3+ years for University, and she can finally be with them after graduation.

We applied on March 27th, and we got rejected today (April 3).

There was nothing at all on the rejection letter except:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"

I definitely want to re-apply, but I am trying to figure out what the right approach is -- should I order GCMS notes, wait to see if I can get a more accurate reason for rejection and then address that? Or should I re-apply while stressing that she is going to return at the end of her visa (I don't know how to do that more clearly than we already did..)

any advice?
they likely don’t believe she is coming for 10 days.

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
they likely don’t believe she is coming for 10 days.
Well now I’ve booked a flight to go visit her for 12 days in that same time period. Do you think that’ll be good information to include? And now since it’ll be summer holidays for my reapplication, she can do 3 weeks instead. What do you think?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Well now I’ve booked a flight to go visit her for 12 days in that same time period. Do you think that’ll be good information to include? And now since it’ll be summer holidays for my reapplication, she can do 3 weeks instead. What do you think?
Hopefully you didn’t buy a ticket before getting approved.
Tickets can be cancelled

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
Hopefully you didn’t buy a ticket before getting approved.
Tickets can be cancelled
im a Canadian citizen, I’m going to visit PA in the same timeframe we put for her rejected visa (I was able to take time off in that period, that’s why we requested it)

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
So she doesn’t need to visit you, if you can visit her.
That doesn’t make sense, she’s a student and can get time off, it’s not nearly as feasible for me. I’ve used pretty much all my vacation days less than half way into the year and it’s only been used to visit my wife.

I was saving vacation time to attend her convocation; but I have to do what I have to do.

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
I got the rejection on the new portal with the same reason. I too, am having spousal sponsorship in process and cannot seem to understand the reason.