+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for parents using my own CIC account

draco555

Apr 22, 2021
Hi all, hope you're well.

I am an international student in Canada applying for a visitor visa for my parents and siblings to spend time with me in the summer. I decided to use my existing GCkey account to file their application, with my father being the principal applicant. That said, they'd like me to manage the application and be the representative even though I am not applying for the visa with them. Given this scenario, I had a few questions:

1. When the questionnaire asked if I wanted to assign a representative, I said no, and it gave me IMM5713 to fill. The question here is, would it be okay if my family make me the representative using this form or does it have to be my father since he is the principal applicant?

2. If the above scenario is wrong. Should I have said yes to the use of representative in the questionnaire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
representative means Agent (immigrant lawyer) who applies visa on your behalf they will use this CIC id and create profiles and process it up all you need to provide documents and pay fees so that they can work on your visa. if you are applying for your family you are not agent

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi all, hope you're well.

I am an international student in Canada applying for a visitor visa for my parents and siblings to spend time with me in the summer. I decided to use my existing GCkey account to file their application, with my father being the principal applicant. That said, they'd like me to manage the application and be the representative even though I am not applying for the visa with them. Given this scenario, I had a few questions:

1. When the questionnaire asked if I wanted to assign a representative, I said no, and it gave me IMM5713 to fill. The question here is, would it be okay if my family make me the representative using this form or does it have to be my father since he is the principal applicant?

2. If the above scenario is wrong. Should I have said yes to the use of representative in the questionnaire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I did that, applying for parent's visitor visa using my CIC account while being a student. I didn't add any representative information, just added a letter explaining that I was a student applying on behalf of my parents and some other information to support the application. Got approval for both.

Reactions: draco555

draco555

Apr 22, 2021
I did that, applying for parent's visitor visa using my CIC account while being a student. I didn't add any representative information, just added a letter explaining that I was a student applying on behalf of my parents and some other information to support the application. Got approval for both.
Thank you so much for clarifying!

Also, any clue whether applying through the new IRCC portal is better vs the old GC Key method?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hi ,had you addressed the invitation letter to the visa officer or to your parent .Thanks

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi ,had you addressed the invitation letter to the visa officer or to your parent .Thanks
To the visa officer as me. Something like "I'm sending an application on behalf of my parents..." and gave details of my current status and all the documents I had attached to the application.

draco555

Apr 22, 2021
If my father is the principal applicant applying on everyone's behalf (mother and siblings), does he need to sign the IMM5476 form? He said yes when it asked "are you applying on someone else's behalf?", but the problem is IMM5476 only has space for one applicant to be represented. Not sure what to do.