+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Rejection for Wife

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Hi

I just got rejection for wife visa today after 9 days.
She has a settlement visa to stay in UK for 2 years, her passport is Pakistani . She came in March.
We wanted to go Canada for Holidays for 2-3 weeks, because sister in law lives there and she wrote invitation letter.
My wife does not work at the moment, she is dependent on me. I work as an Optometrist. I sent 4 month wage slips plus bank statements and savings aswell as my sister in law bank account plus savings. I am a British Citizen.
The rejection reason was
She will not come back
Travel history
Financial.. Etc..

Should I reapply with help if a solicitor or anyone knows any from UK.. Or not bother until she starts working or if put my assets on her name like my house.

I hope someone can help.. I had my tickets booked thinking it will be easy as she is my wife and definitely will coming back with me.. Lol

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Hi, is there anyone can help..?
Anything I can do to strengthen the case.. My wife will start work and she is still studying.. She will be only be doing a few hours a week as studies are main focus. So I have got a letter from where she studies and letter of employment. I have also contact local MP who will write a letter of support and Canadian MP. We are only planning planning to go for 2.5 weeks..

Thank you
Shehzad

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Do post the list of documents which your wife had submitted

2. What were the reasons for the refusal?

3. Has your wife traveled to any other countries?

Cheers

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Rejection is
Travel history
Immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in Canada and country of residence
Current employment situation

Application form 5257
Family Info forum
Medical form
Passport photos
Letter of Invitation from brother and sister in law
Husband wage slips for 4 months
Bank statements plus savings account 4 months. She is financially dependent on me.
Brother and Sister in law, Canada residents.. Bank statements
Their passports
Flight tickets for 2.5 weeks

Wife is on spouse visa from Pakistan. 2 years. She has been in this country for 4 months now. She will be studying in September when new term starts and is currently studying a couple of courses and 2 centres. She will be starting work next week.. But only about 10 hours. Because she needs to stay at home with parents in Law
Her only travel history is from Pakistan to UK. Here she lives with me.

Thank you
Shehzad

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Brilliant.. I've just read that.. I will update my documents and post them. Thank you, much appreciated

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Hi

Should I put a property under wife's name and give that as proof? Or is it okay to use property under my name. Reason I ask is, the costs involved to transfer her name on land registry, how much weight it would give to the application.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

Should I put a property under wife's name and give that as proof? Or is it okay to use property under my name. Reason I ask is, the costs involved to transfer her name on land registry, how much weight it would give to the application.

Thanks
Transferring the rights and ownership of property to someone else is a serious matter which has several implications beyond the purpose of applying for a visa. Personally, I would not transfer my properties to anyone else regardless of the costs involved.

Apart from the evidence/explanations in the link for the similar case, I recommend you also include these documents when your wife reapplies:
1. Copies of your passport + marriage certificate + Letter of Financial Support stating you will pay for your wife's visit

2. Leave approval letter from your employer + 3-4 months bank statements to which your salary is credited + your recent P60 + work/personal commitment for which you must return by a specific date

3. Property ownership documents + Council Tax + recent utility bill + property valuation (estimate) from maybe zoopla.co.uk

Reactions: Hannah Ruth

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Hi

Thank you for the information

I have done all of the above. I got land registry documents with my name and property value which I have enclosed

I have added wife on utilities documents

My wife is studying and will continue studying, I have got written letters from from her teachers

Aswell a letter from our local MP

However she will only just start work, and I will sending off the application in next week, is it worth sending the contract? Even though she will only have worked a day in her new job

I have explained why no travel history

And got 3 affidavit from solicitor who will be submitting my case

One thing.. Is it better for solicitor to submit my case or to do myself online?

Also shall I get my brother in Canada to do a full itinerary as to what we will be doing in Canada? Because we will living with them in their house.

Thank you

Ashmavrik

Jul 28, 2017
Checked online yesterday and Wife visa has been approved. Thank you to Bryanna who helped with the above info. I applied 1 month after rejection. My wife has no travel history and only 6 months into her UK spouse visa.

It shows that it is possible to get a visa. The main thing is proving ties to the home country.

I sent

Library card and letter saying she is a member
GP medical history, by going to Dr practice and requesting
Joint bank account, only had 1 month history
Joint utility bill, again only 1 month
Family ties to the UK, made long list of numbers and names
Letters of Support from local MP, Dr, family and friends. Whoever was willing to write one
Flight tickets
Medical insurance, very cheap one
Itinerary
Affidavit from inviter plus Wife's sister
A letter of support from family in Canada
College tuition, again no payments were made because it is free
Driving lessons
Driving theory test booking
Life in UK test booking

Husband 6 month wage slips and bank account

Let me know if anyone needs further info.

Thank you again

Reactions: Hannah Ruth

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Absolutely fantastic :):)

I'm happy for you and your wife
Hi Bryanna,

I am a Permanent Resident .I have applied for my wife PR this month .I want to apply for her visitor visa while the PR application is in process.

Request for your help.

Could you provide me any invitation letter specifically for inviting wife.

Thanks in Advance
Desirecanada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I don't have a format/reference for the invitation letter. You can draft one and I could give my suggestions

Cheers

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi, is there anyone can help..?
Anything I can do to strengthen the case.. My wife will start work and she is still studying.. She will be only be doing a few hours a week as studies are main focus. So I have got a letter from where she studies and letter of employment. I have also contact local MP who will write a letter of support and Canadian MP. We are only planning planning to go for 2.5 weeks..

Thank you
Shehzad
Hi

Can you please send me the sample of support letter, my local MP is ready to do a letter for me but I need to draft it myself, he will sign it. I am applying for my wife's visitor visa.

here is my email: waipm_2000@hotmail.com, mapmughal@mun.ca

Please help me, i just need a sample to draft one for me and Thank you
waipm