+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected

Rmascrenas

Jul 25, 2014
Hi people,

The below list is the set of notarised documents I submitted along with the visa application form

10th (Matriculation Examination,Chennai-India) - 88 %
12th (Higher secondary course certificate,Chennai -India) - 90 %
MEng - Aeronautical (Integrated master's degree from Loughborough university, UK) - 60%
Letter of acceptance - (Aircraft maintenance engineer 2 years diploma from rest river collage)
IELTS (7.5 overall with none less than 6.5)
Medical certificate
Indian bank loan letter
Sponsor letter, bank statements and IT returns from my paternal uncle (Gastroenterologist working in Apollo hospitals)

I also mentioned why I intend to do a diploma after a degree in my sop but the high commission has refused my visa application on grounds of

Personal assets and financial status and

proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or future prospects and plans.

Is it because I applied on my own ? Should I seek a consultancy for help ?

I was graduated in 2012 and showed them that I was travelling for a year and was unemployed for about a year.

But in reality I was working for my uncle in his IT firm, where I earned some money for my expense.The work was nothing related to my studies. Do I need to mention about my work although it's nothing related to what I have studied or what I intend to study ?

Any sort of advice from you all will be much appreciated .

Thanks.

jerin

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Friend,

If you have a masters degree and then you apply for a Diploma then its going to be very difficult for you to get a visa. But if you apply for Visa incase you are planning for PhD then you will get a Visa. Otherwise its bit difficult to convince those officers.

Rmascrenas

Jul 25, 2014
Thanks for your reply Jerin.

PhDs a long term commitment. And I really don't have patience for that.

Do you reckon there is any way that I can ask my collage to provide me with a supporting letter as in why I'm suitable for this course ?

Any possible way I can make a strong sop to convince the officers that I will leave the country after getting my diploma ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A good SOP and a letter from the college isn't going to help you. You should be taking an advance diploma at a minimum. Or better a masters or Phd if you want to be approved. If you apply again for a diploma only, you should expect another refusal.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diploma: 2 years
Advanced diploma: 3 years
( as per my understanding )

vjbharadwaj

Apr 16, 2014
Rmascrenas said:
Hi people,

The below list is the set of notarised documents I submitted along with the visa application form

MEng - Aeronautical (Integrated master's degree from Loughborough university, UK) - 60%
Letter of acceptance - (Aircraft maintenance engineer 2 years diploma from rest river collage)
Medical certificate
Indian bank loan letter
Sponsor letter, bank statements and IT returns from my paternal uncle (Gastroenterologist working in Apollo hospitals)

I also mentioned why I intend to do a diploma after a degree in my sop but the high commission has refused my visa application on grounds of

proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or future prospects and plans.

I was graduated in 2012 and showed them that I was travelling for a year and was unemployed for about a year.

But in reality I was working for my uncle in his IT firm, where I earned some money for my expense.The work was nothing related to my studies. Do I need to mention about my work although it's nothing related to what I have studied or what I intend to study ?

Thanks.

What is rest river college?????can u give a link to the course information

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhu_anwar said:
Diploma: 2 years
Advanced diploma: 3 years
( as per my understanding )
Advance diploma is UG level course. You must applied with Post graduation level program. Try to find program related with you study

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. your next course should be of higher level than you already have studied. Like this:
Secondary -> Senior Secondary -> Diploma -> Advanced diploma -> Undergraduate degree -> Masters -> PhD. Well there are PG (maybe UG too) certificates for those who've 3-year UG degree. If your course isn't in that order then I'd say convince the VO why you're going for the preferred course. If a person wants to study UG degree after Masters then that's a big no no.

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
sidhu_anwar said:
Yes. your next course should be of higher level than you already have studied. Like this:
Secondary -> Senior Secondary -> Diploma -> Advanced diploma -> Undergraduate degree -> Masters -> PhD. Well there are PG (maybe UG too) certificates for those who've 3-year UG degree. If your course isn't in that order then I'd say convince the VO why you're going for the preferred course. If a person wants to study UG degree after Masters then that's a big no no.
I have applied for visa having already completed Masters (MCA) for M.Engg (Software Engg), would this be an issue? I have tried to explain the same in SOP but then again I am not really sure what "convincing" really means!

baig706

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
dude i too got the rejection for the same reason same had 2 years work experience but still didnt get the visa any update please share with me my mail id is baig706@gmail.com

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rmascrenas said:
Hi people,

Medical certificate
Indian bank loan letter

Thanks.
bddy tell me is the refusal letter signed by for gk..i mean is the name of refusal officer was for gk

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity14 said:
I have applied for visa having already completed Masters (MCA) for M.Engg (Software Engg), would this be an issue? I have tried to explain the same in SOP but then again I am not really sure what "convincing" really means!
Serendipity14 said:
Well I won't say it's a senseless choice; eg. going for business PG diploma after engineering. But still, doing another masters..... I'm not really sure. Convincing means you answer the following questions:
1. Why you chose this program?
2. How will it be good for your future?
3. Is the opportunity cost justified like if you're already getting good employment chances /salary then why'd you prefer studying same level program again?
4. You should back up the 2&3 points with some sort of proof like a company you work in requires both these degrees for a higher position etc. But don't make this up yourself.
5. You'll return after completing your study.

In short, it means the VO shouldn't have any big doubts left regarding your application. Think from the point of view of VO and think what kind of questions you'd ask someone else who comes up with an application like yours..... with no bias.

Rmascrenas

Jul 25, 2014
Is there chances of me getting a visa for a professional master's diploma(PMD) course (1 year) in my respective field of study , since I already hold a MEng degree ?