+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You don't need to mention US visa refusal. It' not their business in Canada.
This is great advice if you are hoping for a rejection and being banned from Canada for misrepresentation.
Of course you need to mention any refusals, even outside of Canada. Remember this, Canada and the US directly share immigration information, so they will be fully aware of a previous US refusal. Don’t risk a 5 year ban by excluding this information.

rhea.chd

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh VFS
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Doc's Request.
No additional documents required.
AOR Received.
11-06-2018
IELTS Request
7.5 nlt 6.5
File Transfer...
Applied 28th May in Chandigarh VFS, file send to Delhi VO for processing.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16--06-2018
Interview........
Interview NR, Biometrics NR, Background Check NA
Passport Req..
Submitted passport with paper application.
VISA ISSUED...
Visa approved on 21-06-2018
I'm sorry but that is terrible advice. Canada and especially the US share information so they will find out and the OP will be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. As stated, get the notes, but you don't need a lawyer.
Agreed.
Non disclosure of USA and/or Canada visa (any category) while applying for USA or Canada visa (any category) will result in a straightaway 5 year ban.
USA and Canada share information.

Steffieo

Jun 20, 2018
I'm sorry but that is terrible advice. Canada and especially the US share information so they will find out and the OP will be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. As stated, get the notes, but you don't need a lawyer.
They don' t share any information. Canada and US are have different immigration system. When I mean get a lawyer, I meant get the notes and get someone in the legal field to write an SOP for you countering the reasons for denial. It cost about $70.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
They don' t share any information. Canada and US are have different immigration system. When I mean get a lawyer, I meant get the notes and get someone in the legal field to write an SOP for you countering the reasons for denial. It cost about $70.
https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/immigration-information-sharing-agreement-between-canada-and-america/

US Ambassador and the Canadian Citizenship Minister, Jason Kenney signed an agreement on 13th December, 2012 and this U.S.-Canada Visa and Immigration Information-Sharing Agreement, will allow the United States and Canada to share biometric and other information about the visa applicants who seek to travel to either one of these countries. Biometric and other information about a foreign national who travels to the United States will be shared with Canada and vice versa, and this process will help the both the countries to verify the foreign national’s identity.....

Reactions: Indigrrl

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Totally wrong.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
its always advisable to unveil any previous refusals to the VOs whether to EU countries or North American countries.. don't gamble with you application. The VOs "might" be compassionate if the sense sincerity

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
You don't need to mention US visa refusal. It' not their business in Canada. Apply for gscm. Get a good lawyer to write SOP counter the reasons for your denial. Apply again
You gotta be kidding! Canada and the US are essentially ONE country in many ways... especially when it comes to immigration issues.

Fatoumatta

Jun 20, 2018
Hello! I need help! While trying to access your GCMS notes ! If you have forgotten your file number how can you get it ! And can the application proceed without the file number ! Pls help

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello! I need help! While trying to access your GCMS notes ! If you have forgotten your file number how can you get it ! And can the application proceed without the file number ! Pls help
The information you need to request your gcms notes is at the upper right in your refusal letter I.e. UCI number. you can request it using gcmscaips.com

cpadream

Nov 27, 2018
its always advisable to unveil any previous refusals to the VOs whether to EU countries or North American countries.. don't gamble with you application. The VOs "might" be compassionate if the sense sincerity
I applied for a study permit, and avoid to disclose that I was refused a visitor visa to US (as a dependant) because five years later I applied again and they granted it for 10 years. Do you think I can have a problem with that ?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I applied for a study permit, and avoid to disclose that I was refused a visitor visa to US (as a dependant) because five years later I applied again and they granted it for 10 years. Do you think I can have a problem with that ?
Yes you can have a problem as you were not truthful in your application

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes you most probably will have. If they find out (and they probably will as Canada and the US share data), you could possibly be banned for misrepresentation. It doesn't matter if this was a genuine mistake or not.

Reactions: visatest

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
This could ruin the genuineness of your application and the future hopes of entering Canada. US-Canada has intelligence sharing especially on visa/immigration issues. If you've already committed this mistake, the only saving you could pray for is a miracle.

The chances of CIC not fishing out your previous refusal is slim. Next time, please always disclose such sensitive information and pray you don't get a procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation and a 5years ban

cpadream

Nov 27, 2018
This could ruin the genuineness of your application and the future hopes of entering Canada. US-Canada has intelligence sharing especially on visa/immigration issues. If you've already committed this mistake, the only saving you could pray for is a miracle.

The chances of CIC not fishing out your previous refusal is slim. Next time, please always disclose such sensitive information and pray you don't get a procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation and a 5years ban
That’s terrible !!! I though it was irrelevant because they (US embassy) finally granted me the visa and I have traveled to US without a problem. So you think that with a refusal like this, even though they invite you to reapply, it will be a worthless effort to apply again?