+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal Study Permit (Ukraine)

Lunatic86

Oct 21, 2014
Hi everyone!

Today I've gotten the refusal (it took them 2 working days after applying) from Canadian Embassy for Study Permit Visa cause of:
- lack of financial support
- purpose of visit.

More worrying about the 2nd point cause i could add extra 20K to my account and also provide sponsorship letter to shown that I have enough money to cover all the expenses.

What should i do with purpose of visit? it says clear that I paid for my studies..or it means my ties to the county and am i going to be back? What should i do to persuade the VO that i'm going to come back?

Would really appreciate any advice any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First of all, I would recommend that you post your question to the International Students section of the forum. You'll get far more replies there.

Purpose of visit means that CIC has doubts you are a genuine student. It's difficult to provide more feedback without knowing a lot more about your profile. It may be that you didn't provide enough proof to show you have strong ties to your home country. It may be that the studies you have chosen to take in Canada don't make sense in light of your previous studies / experience. Again, very hard to say without a lot more information from you.

Lunatic86

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation! Already added topic to the International Student Section.

1. My previous field of study doesn't have anything in common with the chosen study program (Philosophy and Project Management) but I'm working for numerous year in non- governmental, non-profit organization as a Project Manager and would really like to get more knowledge and keep working in this field. I provided a letter from my organization that they support my intense as well (the letter was not given back)
2. What is consider as a proof of ties to the country?
I have parents here and would come back and implemented my knowledge on practice here and nowhere else.. I really love my parents and don't want to spend my life thousands miles away. Especially after my father has ishemic stoke this year. I want to finish my studies and come back till Mum could take care of him and be helping hand after. I had also sister who lives in France and brother who lives in Ukraine 100 km far from them but visit them 3 times per year... I was recommended not to put anything personal in Explanation letter, should I?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Lunatic86 said:
Thanks for the recommendation! Already added topic to the International Student Section.

1. My previous field of study doesn't have anything in common with the chosen study program (Philosophy and Project Management) but I'm working for numerous year in non- governmental, non-profit organization as a Project Manager and would really like to get more knowledge and keep working in this field. I provided a letter from my organization that they support my intense as well (the letter was not given back)
2. What is consider as a proof of ties to the country?
I have parents here and would come back and implemented my knowledge on practice here and nowhere else.. I really love my parents and don't want to spend my life thousands miles away. Especially after my father has ishemic stoke this year. I want to finish my studies and come back till Mum could take care of him and be helping hand after. I had also sister who lives in France and brother who lives in Ukraine 100 km far from them but visit them 3 times per year... I was recommended not to put anything personal in Explanation letter, should I?
Oh come on :D you are coming here with an intention to immigrate as anyone else. And thats fine.