+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for mother

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hi everyone.

AlhamduliAllah I've received the PR visa for myself and my spouse and plan to land soon insha Allah.

I am my mother's only child and we've all been living in the UAE for more than 3 decades. I wish to take my mom to Canada with me. Unfortunately, as per my understanding, I can only apply for a "supervisa" or sponsor her for permanent residency after at least staying in Canada for 2 years and showing proof of income.

Does anyone know of any other visa type that I can use to keep my mother with me in Canada? I will be applying for medical insurance for her insha Allah.

Any help from the forum members or advise will be appreciated.

Nicolas0407

Jan 11, 2016
mystique9999 said:
Hi everyone.

AlhamduliAllah I've received the PR visa for myself and my spouse and plan to land soon insha Allah.

I am my mother's only child and we've all been living in the UAE for more than 3 decades. I wish to take my mom to Canada with me. Unfortunately, as per my understanding, I can only apply for a "supervisa" or sponsor her for permanent residency after at least staying in Canada for 2 years and showing proof of income.

Does anyone know of any other visa type that I can use to keep my mother with me in Canada? I will be applying for medical insurance for her insha Allah.

Any help from the forum members or advise will be appreciated.
Dear Mystique,

I have a cousin in Montreal who was in the same situation..so meantime waiting to complete the required years of stay to sponsor her mum, she applied for a visitor visa and was able to stay in Montreal for 6 months max.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A regular visitor visa or a super visa are your only immediate options. And you won't qualify for the super visa until you have a job in Canada and make sufficient income to meet the low income cut off. To be approved for either visa, your mother will have to demonstrate that she has strong ties to her home country (e.g. property) and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. A super visa will allow you mother to take longer visits to Canada - but it will not allow your mother to move to Canada permanently. If you want to apply now, your only option is a regular visitor visa.

If your mother cannot demonstrate strong ties to her home country, it is possible that both the visitor visa and super visa may be refused. In that case your mother will have to remain in her home country and you will have to visit her.

It will at least four years from the time you arrive in Canada as a PR before you will qualify to sponsor your mother for PR. Once you submit the application, it will take another 4+ years for the application to be processed.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for the tips everyone.

I have another question: If my mother has a 5 year multiple entry visa for Canada and a 10 year multiple entry visa for the USA, can she exit to the US after 6 months and then reenter Canada for another 6 months and so on? Does anyone have any experience with this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mystique9999 said:

I have another question: If my mother has a 5 year multiple entry visa for Canada and a 10 year multiple entry visa for the USA, can she exit to the US after 6 months and then reenter Canada for another 6 months and so on? Does anyone have any experience with this?
She can try - but there is no guarantee she will be allowed back into the country. Assume that sooner or later she will be stopped and refused entry into Canada and forced to return home. Border officials will see this behaviour as abusing her visitor visa priviledges and attempting to live in Canada as a visitor.

subsidy12

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
mystique9999 said:

yes please. that's exactly what my friend's mum does.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for the tip subsidy12. Can you also please let me know how he/she get's her in and out on a regular basis? I mean does your friend take her over by car/plane and for how long does she stay outside before returning to Canada?