+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa extention refused with 'leave Canada immediately' statment

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
So then it would make no sense to book a flight to the US for end of May. In general, purchasing a flight to the US makes no sense. You probably wouldn't be allowed into the US right now due to travel bans.

Recommend you state you want to stay until the exam and provide evidence you are registered for the exam. You should include proof that you have purchased a flight home after June 26th (e.g. around June 30). A flight to the US makes it look like you want to stay here. You should book a flight home.
The date of the flight to the States is after the exam,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The date of the flight to the States is after the exam,
I understand that.

It looks like you just want to hop somewhere else as a visitor which may make IRCC concerned if you really have plans to leave.

You want to book a flight home. Or I wouldn't bother booking a flight at all right now.

Reactions: fahad01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there another reason you stayed in Canada so long just to study which is very unusual? Now you are resisting returning home.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I found flights to home is expensive. Do you guys think that purchasing a one-way ticket to the States, where my friend lives, will be convincing to the immigration authority?
I have American visitor visa to the still valid until 2021

Thanks
I agree with scylla that a ticket home is much better than a ticket to the US.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yeah true
But it's tricky if the decision is made after the flight date
Not sure why it is tricky if the decision is made AFTER the flight you book home since you are booking a flight home to a date that is AFTER your exam right? You go home after the exam which is what you claim is the only reason you want to stay. Correct?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I found flights to home is expensive. Do you guys think that purchasing a one-way ticket to the States, where my friend lives, will be convincing to the immigration authority?
I have American visitor visa to the still valid until 2021

Thanks
So even without the current COVID situation you would be taking a risk of being refused entry to the US on a one way ticket even with a visitor visa given USCBP will want to be convinced you will leave the US. In fact you might not even make it past US CBP in the Canadian airport so even without COVID making this non essential travel odds could be slim on a one way ticket to the US without onward travel out of the US.

Reactions: fahad01

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
Not sure why it is tricky if the decision is made AFTER the flight you book home since you are booking a flight home to a date that is AFTER your exam right? You go home after the exam which is what you claim is the only reason you want to stay. Correct?
Because if the decision is made after the flight date I'll have to buy another ticket to home. Unless I book fully refundable ticket.
Also I don't know if the date of the flight will make them extend the visa until that date? For example, if the date of the flight is 5th of July, they might extend the visa until 5th of July .. No?

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
Is there another reason you stayed in Canada so long just to study which is very unusual? Now you are resisting returning home.
Well, I was doing document evaluation (didn't know that I can do it from home) and I was studying for my exam for 4 months. Also I was hoping to apply for PR or student visa. Basically I wasn't familiar with the immigration regulations..

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Because if the decision is made after the flight date I'll have to buy another ticket to home. Unless I book fully refundable ticket.
Also I don't know if the date of the flight will make them extend the visa until that date? For example, if the date of the flight is 5th of July, they might extend the visa until 5th of July .. No?
but wasn't your purpose to take the exam? doesn't that mean that whether ot not they allow you to stay longer you should be ready to go home after the exam? What is stopping you from leaving after the exam?

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
but wasn't your purpose to take the exam? doesn't that mean that whether ot not they allow you to stay longer you should be ready to go home after the exam? What is stopping you from leaving after the exam?
Because there are 4 other exams I would like to take to be certified pharmacist in Canada.
Also, If possible, I want to study 2-year diploma or apply for PR. I can apply for student visa from inside Canada if I take university preparation courses.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Because there are 4 other exams I would like to take to be certified pharmacist in Canada.
Also, If possible, I want to study 2-year diploma or apply for PR. I can apply for student visa from inside Canada if I take university preparation courses.
so you have basically been in Canada for about 8 months correct? Now you want to apply for an extension based on this upcoming June exam. Now you say there are more exams. When are these other exams? will you be asking for more extensions for these exams? And you do know that the longer you try to live here on a visitor's visa, the more difficult you make it for yourself to be approved for a study visa right?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi
my visitor visa expired on 7/4/2020
I applied for visitor visa extention on 13/1/2020 to write pharmacy exam
I received a refusal letter today because of many reasons (I guess I didn't provide enough documents to prove that I'll leave Canada after my visa extention expires, etc).
In my letter it says:

''You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you''

my questions are:

1- I'm I eligible to apply for restoration?
2- If yes, how long is the allowed time to apply? 90 days?
3- If not, is there any way to stay longer legally at least to write my exam on the 26th of June 2020?
4- If I have to leave Canada, what is the allowed time to do so?

Thank you very much
on your first post, you say you only want to stay until at least June 26. You should probably disclose how long you really want an extension for.

fahad01

Nov 5, 2019
so you have basically been in Canada for about 8 months correct? Now you want to apply for an extension based on this upcoming June exam. Now you say there are more exams. When are these other exams? will you be asking for more extensions for these exams? And you do know that the longer you try to live here on a visitor's visa, the more difficult you make it for yourself to be approved for a study visa right?
Around 8 months yeah
The coming exams are in October and December.
I don't know man but I'll see what I can do

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Around 8 months yeah
The coming exams are in October and December.
I don't know man but I'll see what I can do
so you basically want to live here on a visitor's visa for over 1 year since now you admit that there are more exams, the farthest in December. I think you need to rethink your plans to be honest. to me, it is quite obvious you don't want to leave. A trained visa officer will likely see through you. good luck.

Schedule of Examinations for Pharmacists
Examination Name
Examination DateApplication Deadline Date*
Spring Pharmacist
Qualifying
Examination
MCQ: RESCHEDULED TO August 4 & 5, 2020​
Fri. February 21, 2020​
OSCE: CANCELLED​
Summer Pharmacist
Evaluating
Examination