+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa denied

zzznavraaz

Apr 15, 2014
My visa got refused today. They have sent a letter that says " ... You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of part 12 of the regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay tuition fees and support your stay in Canada."

But in the marking box it has marked only in 'Other reasons: your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, gap in studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

They have not cross marked in the box that explains financial reasons.

I was enrolled for a vocational training program. The course was certificate level and the duration was 9 months. The total fee for 9 months would be $ 25000. I used my mother's bank account for the bank balance certificate and came up with two Affidative of support papers one was on behalf of my dad and the other one was on behalf of my mom. Dad's paper would swear to pay $5000 per course and $6000 per annum for living expenses. Mum's would swear to pay $9000 for tuition fee and the living expenses of upto $8000.Their total income would be $24,489.00. Per annum
I think the income sources were fine..
Please tell me should i re-apply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you saying that the total fees for your 9 month course are $25K? Or is this fees + living expenses?

To be approved, you must show funds covering first year tuition + $10K living expenses + travel expenses.

Both your mother and father needed to provide bank balances that showed a combined total covering your tuition, living expenses and travel expenses. Affidavites aren't enough. CIC wants to see the actual funds are available.

zzznavraaz

Apr 15, 2014
Certificate level was a 9 months course which had there courses in it. The total fee of the level ( including 3 course) would be around $25000. My mom had around $50000 in her bank account so I thought it would be sufficient for the study and the living too. So I didn't show them my dad's bank account but in the income source i had showed the my mom's and dad's both.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zzznavraaz said:
Certificate level was a 9 months course which had there courses in it. The total fee of the level ( including 3 course) would be around $25000. My mom had around $50000 in her bank account so I thought it would be sufficient for the study and the living too. So I didn't show them my dad's bank account but in the income source i had showed the my mom's and dad's both.
can you please share your timeline? how long did it take for them to make a decision?

zzznavraaz

Apr 15, 2014
They dispatched my passport in the end of the sixth week. I wish to re apply then would you plz suggest me what are the things I should do to increase the chance of getting the visa?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You are saying it yourself.... You are saying you had 24k but your tuition alone was 25k and you needed 10k additional for a total of 35k...

You need to gather 11k more money and file your application again...

The solution is really simple