+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual short hearing attendance notice

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hi fellas
I get my virtual short hearing attendance letter on monday for early march, in the letter there is a section that says member may decide the case by evidence not sooner than 10 days before hearing and cancel the hearing, is there someone that been in this condition and approved without hearing while registered for short hearing before?
I was on file review process and then chnged to virtual short hearing.
Thanks.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Dear Seniors

i need your help today i was scheduled for virtual hearing and before 1 hour i got another email that its has been cancelled with no reason.

can you please give your input what it could be?

TIA

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Dear Seniors

i need your help today i was scheduled for virtual hearing and before 1 hour i got another email that its has been cancelled with no reason.

can you please give your input what it could be?

TIA
Dont worry, it happens often, two of my friends hearing canceled a day before hearing, one of them rescheduled and other one approved without hearing.

Reactions: Refuge

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply

I had my hearing 1 year ago in the end member said decision would be mailed but after few days of hearing my lawyer informed me that we will have another hearing which was in April 2020 and cancelled because of COVID then i got new hearing letter in Dec to appear inperson hearing but before 10 days its converted to Virtual.

and today just before hearing i was informed that my hearing cancelled again but there was no reason mentioned. Its 3.5 years already.

#Bluetruck
#Canuck78
#Scylla

Appreciate your input please.
Seems like either very bad luck or there is something more complex about your case.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for your reply. But I don’t feel that is a “very bad luck” i firmly believe that the things Allah does is always good in our favour.

Can agree on complexity point,

also i heard that people canceled a day before and got decisions without hearing. I hope for the best as well but i can understand anything can be happened.

Thanks and Have a good day.

Last edited:

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
Dont worry, it happens often, two of my friends hearing canceled a day before hearing, one of them rescheduled and other one approved without hearing.
The friend of yours whose claim was approved without hearing, did he have to submit his documents and was his claim selected for file review process or what did they tell him

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
The friend of yours whose claim was approved without hearing, did he have to submit his documents and was his claim selected for file review process or what did they tell him
Yes he selected for less complex for file review about 8 month ago and sended the document and certificate of readiness in that time, then they scheduled an virtual short hearing and then they canceld that short hearing and send him the NOD in couple of weeks.

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
Yes he selected for less complex for file review about 8 month ago and sended the document and certificate of readiness in that time, then they scheduled an virtual short hearing and then they canceld that short hearing and send him the NOD in couple of weeks.
Thanks for those informations. I feel a little bit relieved now knowing that people were in similar situations like me and they got through. InshaAllah I’ll get through this and keep me updated on how ur hearing goes.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
I entered Canada 9-Dec 2018 and applied for asylum
11-Dec 2020 received notice under file review process
24-DEC 2020- submitted required documents
FEB 2ND- lawyer told me I was turned into a short hearing set for early March.

I realize a short hearing is focused for a couple of matters to be discussed by the board member, It would be great if someone here gone through that experience. Or you know someone who had it. It would be great to get some advice

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
I entered Canada 9-Dec 2018 and applied for asylum
11-Dec 2020 received notice under file review process
24-DEC 2020- submitted required documents
FEB 2ND- lawyer told me I was turned into a short hearing set for early March.

I realize a short hearing is focused for a couple of matters to be discussed by the board member, It would be great if someone here gone through that experience. Or you know someone who had it. It would be great to get some advice
Lucky you at least you got a short hearing date. I know 3people who have been told the same to attend a short hearing, their claim was selected for file review process and they submitted documents in last October. But mine is very unexpected. It has been postponed since November and no information yet , no nothing . Wish I had gotten a letter from IRB to attend a short hearing or any information regarding my claim .

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Lucky you at least you got a short hearing date. I know 3people who have been told the same to attend a short hearing, their claim was selected for file review process and they submitted documents in last October. But mine is very unexpected. It has been postponed since November and no information yet , no nothing . Wish I had gotten a letter from IRB to attend a short hearing or any information regarding my claim .
I didn't get a letter, my lawyer called and set my date when they sent saying that my file review process would be turned to a short hearing, i still am yet to receive the letter