VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also my one friend got hearing within 1 years 3 months he was less complex
my another friend got hearing within 1 years 4 months he was less complex
my another friend got hearing within 1 years 2 months he was regular
my another friend will have get hearing within 11 months she was regular

this is a bit weird. what do you think about these timelines?
There is a lot of variability depending on location. The fact that nobody is waiting 2 years is quite lucky.

Reactions: theclaimer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i respect your informations. I'm just questioning for learning.
2 years should be unfair. because my one friend will go to hearing within 11 months. she never got less complex letter so i think that less complex should be more quick.
2 years is the reality because of the large volume of people applied for asylum. Most arrived via Roxham road and many would also argue that being allowed to enter an irregular border is unfair. Many would argue that receiving a feee hotel room while receiving welfare or even working when homeless Canadians aren’t receiving free hotel rooms is unfair. It’s just the reality of the situation. IRCC has taken some steps to speed up processing which is why we aren’t hearing about people waiting 2-3 years for a hearing which was very common precovid and we are hearing about cases being without a hearing which was very uncommon until recently.

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?
I am in the same boat. My case was considered less complex in June 2022. Submitted all supporting documents within 10 days. After that no update. 2 weeks earlier my lawyer informed me that I got my regular hearing in the coming October. ( By the Grace of Almighty). Just praying for a good end!

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
I am in the same boat. My case was considered less complex in June 2022. Submitted all supporting documents within 10 days. After that no update. 2 weeks earlier my lawyer informed me that I got my regular hearing in the coming October. ( By the Grace of Almighty). Just praying for a good end!
Good luck.
Did you receive any mail from irb in this 10 months? some people mentiones one letter about this claim no longer determinated under less complex etc

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
2 years is the reality because of the large volume of people applied for asylum. Most arrived via Roxham road and many would also argue that being allowed to enter an irregular border is unfair. Many would argue that receiving a feee hotel room while receiving welfare or even working when homeless Canadians aren’t receiving free hotel rooms is unfair. It’s just the reality of the situation. IRCC has taken some steps to speed up processing which is why we aren’t hearing about people waiting 2-3 years for a hearing which was very common precovid and we are hearing about cases being without a hearing which was very uncommon until recently.
thanks for informations.
Is there a possibility that documents will be approved directly after submitting them to the file review process? Or should we wait for the short hearing notice first?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All of them in ontario.
Although it may seem like a huge difference most of the hearings are only a month different than the other which is a very small difference. Each case is considered individually so will move through the process at different speeds. They are all lucky that they have relatively quick processing times from Ontario and nobody has a hearing at the 2+ year mark.

Reactions: moref1988

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Although it may seem like a huge difference most of the hearings are only a month different than the other which is a very small difference. Each case is considered individually so will move through the process at different speeds. They are all lucky that they have relatively quick processing times from Ontario and nobody has a hearing at the 2+ year mark.
ok i see.
i just curious about that is a less complex normally should be more quick than regular right?
my regular friends got their hearings more quick than less complex and file reviews. is this normal according to your approach?
also all of them are country inside application. not roxham road.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Also if a case will accept without a hearing, what is signs about this?
Is it possible to get a decision suddenly? Or should we get a short hearing notice first?

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ok i see.
i just curious about that is a less complex normally should be more quick than regular right?
my regular friends got their hearings more quick than less complex and file reviews. is this normal according to your approach?
also all of them are country inside application. not roxham road.
Less complex cases tend to have hearings scheduled faster than other cases. Roxham road asylum claims are also within Canada so not sure what you are referring to.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also if a case will accept without a hearing, what is signs about this?
Is it possible to get a decision suddenly? Or should we get a short hearing notice first?
Most cases that are decided without a hearing are classified as less complex. Either you will be notified by mail if you are accepted without a hearing but what seems more common is people have a scheduled hearing for a less complex case and around a week before they are told that there is no longer a hearing and they’ve been accepted based on the information they have already submitted. Asylum claimants being accepted without a hearing is still fairly rare so would plan on having some sort of hearing.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Most cases that are decided without a hearing are classified as less complex. Either you will be notified by mail if you are accepted without a hearing but what seems more common is people have a scheduled hearing for a less complex case and around a week before they are told that there is no longer a hearing and they’ve been accepted based on the information they have already submitted. Asylum claimants being accepted without a hearing is still fairly rare so would plan on having some sort of hearing.
Thanks. i see
i wonder about that if a case will get approved without a hearing how long does it take averagely? some people got scheduled hearing date 2 months later after submit docs to file review. we know that people submit docs to 10 days ago from hearing date for a regular hearing. i mean if 10 days are enough for review. file review processes should be done within 10 days maybe max 1-2 months. right?

i understood that approval without a hearing is rare so i wanna get hearing date asap.