+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Violation of mandatory medical examination?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bihon said:
My point is how do I suppose to fill out that part in any Work Permit application in the future when they ask about if I have ever got refused an application in the past? Well I obviously can say yes and explain why. But should I explain how and tell that I have got resisted due to the ominous IO's imperfection or should I make an explanation and tell I didn't complete an IME that I shouldn't have done anyways as I was exempt?
Just say you were refused because you didn't complete a medical. Leave it at that. If you start explaining it will sound to CIC like you're making excuses / failing to take responsibility - and you'll probably just make life more difficult for yourself. As hard as it may be, forget about who is right and who is wrong.

bihon

Nov 8, 2012
scylla said:
Just say you were refused because you didn't complete a medical. Leave it at that. If you start explaining it will sound to CIC like you're making excuses / failing to take responsibility - and you'll probably just make life more difficult for yourself. As hard as it may be, forget about who is right and who is wrong.
Thing is that it could costs me a couple thousands to just go to Canada, and once I am there I would not likely want to find out that I was refused a visa because of this and fly home. So I dont know if it worth risk that or writing an appeal and clearify myself now, as I am completely sure that this was happened due to their failure/preconception. This was my very first visit in Canada I took a volunteer offer, and feel like I was kicked out just now. Very disappointing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh - I see. I thought you were asking about applying for a work permit from home.

If you're thinking of returning to Canada as a tourist I don't think you'll have any issues.

If you want to go the work permit route again and apply at the border, then I would consult with an immigration lawyer in Canada (a good lawyer).

bihon

Nov 8, 2012
scylla said:
Oh - I see. I thought you were asking about applying for a work permit from home.

If you're thinking of returning to Canada as a tourist I don't think you'll have any issues.

If you want to go the work permit route again and apply at the border, then I would consult with an immigration lawyer in Canada (a good lawyer).
No I was already working, my employer decided to keep me for another 2 weeks as the camp schedule has changed. I applied for an extension, I have got refused, even though by the time I was already home. Now I want to go back, and look for employers as a tourist. Once I would find one who would go over with the LMO I would apply for a work permit. And here we are.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You applied for extension before the old permit expired, you would have had implied status until the decision was made. As I understand from your posts, you were already out of the country by the time this happened, so it does not appear that you overstayed. Besides, after your work permit expires, you have 90 days to restore.

One thing you could, is just get an immigration medical exam done by a designated medical practitioner in your home country and bring the receipt with you next time. Present it at the border and you will now be in compliance.

If let in, get clarification from the CIC call centre(explain your circumstances, and ask them to forward the information to your email). In your subsequent applications to CIC for similar jobs, you can include a cover letter where you explain that under subsection xyz of the Immigration Act, you are not required to undergo a medical(if this is in fact true).

With CIC you need to decide which is more important to you - being right or doing what's needed to ensure you obtain the desired outcome. :)