+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

caldi33

Oct 6, 2015
Dear all,

I would like to ask if any of you have had a similar experience. My common law partner is a Canadian Citizen. She currently resides outside of Canada, in Macedonia, where we have lived together for 4 years. This summer for the first time, I got a Single Entry Tourist Visa for Canada.I have used this visa, and visited Toronto for a full month.

Now, I would like to ask based on your experience what is the best way that I can get an Immigration visa. My partner is not employed in Canada, and thus has no Canadian employment income. Is it better for me to apply for Immigration visa from Macedonia, or is it better to enter Canada on a tourist visa and then apply for Immigration visa from inside Canada?

Has anyone had an experience such as ours? How long does it take for am Immigration visa to be issued from outside/inside of Canada. The official website cic.gov.ca states rather long times for visa issuance!

tnx

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
CIC finally updated our application to in process! I hope this means some good news are coming are way!

viennagirl

Jul 16, 2015
Great news anxious2015! We have the same time line and after reading your post I went to check application status and.... It changed to in processs!!!!! Finally . Hopefully good news are coming our way.

MarijaSasa92

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
File Transfer...
(SA) 21-10-2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Kova85 said:
Hello, do you have any new from Vienna? At the same time we submitted applications. :)
Hello, so far I have received AOR and am waiting for SA, once that happens the file will be transferred to Vienna. :)

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
viennagirl said:
Great news anxious2015! We have the same time line and after reading your post I went to check application status and.... It changed to in processs!!!!! Finally . Hopefully good news are coming our way.
I also have the same timeline as anxious2015 mine changed on the 9th to in process. I really hope this means that they are close because it has already been 6 months in Vienna and 9
Months in total. Hopefully we all get good news soon.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi everyone,
we are about to start the visa process and I'm already quite overwhelmed by all the information, some of it is quite confusing to me. I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'll start with the following:

- when to do the medical exam? As the Vienna office way seems to take over a year I was planning on doing it when the request but I see many of you did it upfront. Why and what happens when it takes longer than a year. I guess the same goes for the police check?

- do you send in the whole package at once. I thought I read somewhere that the sponsor first applies for approval and that you send in the rest of the forms after. However, on the checklist (IMM5491E) it seems that you do send in the whole thing immediatly.

- how much proof of relationship did you supply? Somewhere I read all emails etc but that is quite impossible (4 years of daily contact is quite extensive, also quite private). Would you think a bunch of pictures of holidays together (along with those planetickets), pictures with family is enough? Also we got him a PR here in the Netherlands and have lived together for over 2 years which we should be able to prove.

Is anyone staying in Canada while awaiting the PR? And if so, how do you "stay legal"? I was thinking of getting a working holiday visa in the meantime, is that allowed?

Any other suggestions, advice etc is, obviously, more than welcome!

Thanks in advance

Kova85

Oct 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27.11.2015. AOR2 14.12.2015.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
MarijaSasa92 said:
Hello, so far I have received AOR and am waiting for SA, once that happens the file will be transferred to Vienna. :)
I have not received anything, we sent Aug 19, and still nothing. AOR sent from Mississauga you or sponsor? I'm a little nervous because I do not know what's going on. Where are you from?

Kova85

Oct 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27.11.2015. AOR2 14.12.2015.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Whether it can happen that you do not receive AOR? already nearly two months of application is in mississauga and we did not get any mail? :eek:

enas

Mar 1, 2013
Hi guys ,,just want to ask if how long does it takes to process ARC ,,authorization to return in canada,,and after that what else the next step do you think theyll ask because we just submit the ARC in vienna..thanks

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
Hi,
My husband submitted his Arc application 6 months ago to Vienna VO and we still haven't heard anything, I have sent several emails but they always respond the same, "Pease note that the review of your husband's application is still ongoing. We will inform you on further processing steps in due course"

Our timeline is as follows

Application received October 2014
Medicals received (medicals were done in July 2014)
Started processing the application March 2015
Interview March 2015
Sent Arc application April 13, 2015

Last week I noticed that they updated the date they started processing the sponsorship application, it used to read March 2015 but last week it changed to December 2014. I thought they had started working on the file but another member in the forum also noticed a changed in his processing date, he also needs to send an ARC but the changed in his case happened before he submitted the ARC, so I don't think it means anything other than updating the online system.

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Gemini020 said:
Hi everyone,
we are about to start the visa process and I'm already quite overwhelmed by all the information, some of it is quite confusing to me. I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'll start with the following:

- when to do the medical exam? As the Vienna office way seems to take over a year I was planning on doing it when the request but I see many of you did it upfront. Why and what happens when it takes longer than a year. I guess the same goes for the police check?

- do you send in the whole package at once. I thought I read somewhere that the sponsor first applies for approval and that you send in the rest of the forms after. However, on the checklist (IMM5491E) it seems that you do send in the whole thing immediatly.

- how much proof of relationship did you supply? Somewhere I read all emails etc but that is quite impossible (4 years of daily contact is quite extensive, also quite private). Would you think a bunch of pictures of holidays together (along with those planetickets), pictures with family is enough? Also we got him a PR here in the Netherlands and have lived together for over 2 years which we should be able to prove.

Is anyone staying in Canada while awaiting the PR? And if so, how do you "stay legal"? I was thinking of getting a working holiday visa in the meantime, is that allowed?

Any other suggestions, advice etc is, obviously, more than welcome!

Thanks in advance
Hi Gemini

We submitted our medical right away as that is how it was requested by the Vienna office so you will most likely have to as well. You can do the medical the day of or day before you send your application that way it is valid for a longer period of time from them receiving your application.

The whole package gets sent together.

Send as much proof as you think you need. If you lived together it is best to provide all proof of that, some emails, and pictures from your wedding, trips, with friends and pictures where you are alone together.

Last question I don't know how to answer.

Hope that helps!

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Thank you very much, anxious, that definitely helped. Especially that Vienna requests the medical upfront, I haven't read that anywhere and so far they haven't replied to my email. Hopefully they are more helpful in processing the application and in the meantime I'll get my information here.

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
So my excitement has been short lived as I have seen on the different forums found on this site that many people received in process the same day. Which brings me to my next strategy to order CAIPS notes to find out what is happening. Has anyone ordered these from outside Canada? I am currently outside Canada and am wondering if I need to have someone who is physically in Canada order them for me?

Thanks in advance

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hey everyone,
I finally found there is a VO specific document (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33042.PDF)
Here it says that you'll receive the instructions for the medical test after someone has assessed the application. Can anyone reference the information about having to do it upfront? Also I don't understand the first sentence: Everyone included in your application, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo a medical examination with a physician on the list of designated medical practitioners.. Who else is considered included in my application? I am the only one emigrating to Canada.
I also don't understand the last sentence: The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination or test.. Surely the PR visa is valid longer than 12 months..

Appendix C
Medical Instructions
Everyone included in your application, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo a medical
examination with a physician on the list of designated medical practitioners. If you are a divorced or
separated parent, a minor child is considered your dependent child if you have joint or sole custody, even if
he or she usually lives with the other parent and is not accompanying you to Canada. You will receive
instructions for the medical exam after your application has been assessed by a Canadian visa officer.
After you receive the necessary medical forms, you and your family members must undergo medical
examinations with one of the doctors on the list of designated medical practitioners, unless you or your
family members live in a country not included on the list. If you wish to have your medical examinations in
a country not included on this list, you must inform us and we will ensure that you receive the appropriate
list.
You will be responsible for the costs of the medical examination for all your family members.
At the time of medical examination, you and all family members will be required to present individual
passports as evidence of identity. If each of your family members does not already have a valid
individual passport, you should apply to obtain them now.
Applicants may, at any time, request that medical instructions be issued, and may undergo an immigration
medical examination, at their own risk. It is important to note, however, that undergoing an immigration
medical examination does not guarantee that a permanent resident visa will be issued.
The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the
date of the first examination or test.

PM1983

Aug 22, 2014
Gemini020 said:
Hey everyone,
I finally found there is a VO specific document (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33042.PDF)
Here it says that you'll receive the instructions for the medical test after someone has assessed the application. Can anyone reference the information about having to do it upfront? Also I don't understand the first sentence: Everyone included in your application, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo a medical examination with a physician on the list of designated medical practitioners.. Who else is considered included in my application? I am the only one emigrating to Canada.
I also don't understand the last sentence: The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination or test.. Surely the PR visa is valid longer than 12 months..

Appendix C
Medical Instructions
Everyone included in your application, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo a medical
examination with a physician on the list of designated medical practitioners. If you are a divorced or
separated parent, a minor child is considered your dependent child if you have joint or sole custody, even if
he or she usually lives with the other parent and is not accompanying you to Canada. You will receive
instructions for the medical exam after your application has been assessed by a Canadian visa officer.
After you receive the necessary medical forms, you and your family members must undergo medical
examinations with one of the doctors on the list of designated medical practitioners, unless you or your
family members live in a country not included on the list. If you wish to have your medical examinations in
a country not included on this list, you must inform us and we will ensure that you receive the appropriate
list.
You will be responsible for the costs of the medical examination for all your family members.
At the time of medical examination, you and all family members will be required to present individual
passports as evidence of identity. If each of your family members does not already have a valid
individual passport, you should apply to obtain them now.
Applicants may, at any time, request that medical instructions be issued, and may undergo an immigration
medical examination, at their own risk. It is important to note, however, that undergoing an immigration
medical examination does not guarantee that a permanent resident visa will be issued.
The permanent resident visa has the same validity period as the medical results, that is, 12 months from the
date of the first examination or test.
I might be able to help answer your questions:
- There is no official requirement from Vienna VO to submit your medical results upfront. However, it's recommended that you do it 1-2 days before submitting your application and providing proof-receipt as part of the application. This will reduce your processing time by a few months. Don't wait for them to 'halt' your application mid-way and ask you to submit your medical. It only delays processing. Same logic for right-to-permanent residence fee. We submitted that too, upfront. And please, please keep all proof copies with you, in case they need to be re-submitted.
- if you're the only one emigrating and have no kids etc. then don't worry about this line. You are the ONLY applicant. This detail is only there in case more than one person is being sponsored in the same application. They can do their landing separately....so they may or may not accompany you. With me?
- You get exactly one year to do your landing- 12 months- that is the validity of the one-time-entry PR visa which will be put in your passport AFTER they request you to send your passport. From the day you do your landing, you become a PR. Now you won't need that PR visa. The officer will scratch it with a pen with the date of your landing, staple in a Record of Landing in your passport, and then you wait in Canada for your PR card. Simple :)

Hope this helps you.