+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Monikita

Aug 1, 2012
Hi guys, I got my AOR pretty fast - 12 days after the Mississauga CPC approved our sponsorship. However, since then (3 months and 1 week) I haven't received any instruction, anything. I sent an inquiry and have got no reply yet.

I'd like to go for a longer vacation to asia... but I am afraid that as soon as I leave they contact me and request any additional document or who knows what... Do you think it is too risky to leave my country for 15-20 days??? How much time do you we have for providing a requested document? 15 or 30 days??? Thanks a lot for your suggestions....

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Monikita said:
Hi guys, I got my AOR pretty fast - 12 days after the Mississauga CPC approved our sponsorship. However, since then (3 months and 1 week) I haven't received any instruction, anything. I sent an inquiry and have got no reply yet.

I'd like to go for a longer vacation to asia... but I am afraid that as soon as I leave they contact me and request any additional document or who knows what... Do you think it is too risky to leave my country for 15-20 days??? How much time do you we have for providing a requested document? 15 or 30 days??? Thanks a lot for your suggestions....
Wow you got AOR fast, but you are from feb., right? And you waited for approval long so I guess it was about time you got it fast. I got sponsor approval pretty fast but im waiting soon 2 months on AOR when it isnt coming the next days.

If you got someone that can check your mail and inform you while your on vacation, you could go but I guess I wouldnt either to be safe. I dont know how long the give you on requested documents, sorry, maybe depends on the documents.

Monikita

Aug 1, 2012
Yep, I am from feb and got my AOR 95 days after I filed my application...

I will check my email while on vacation, but what if they ask me to provide a document and specify a deadline I won't be able to respect due to the fact that I am away? I heard that if the applicant fails to provide docs timely, they refuse her/his application. I can't even consult this with the VO cause they do not reply... horrible!!!

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Monikita said:
Yep, I am from feb and got my AOR 95 days after I filed my application...

I will check my email while on vacation, but what if they ask me to provide a document and specify a deadline I won't be able to respect due to the fact that I am away? I heard that if the applicant fails to provide docs timely, they refuse her/his application. I can't even consult this with the VO cause they do not reply... horrible!!!
ya it sure is horrible, when you cant even ask them :-( is there anyone of the family or friends that you could entrust your papers to? like if you got a folder at home with your documents for this process that you can give to someone in the worst case so they can do it for you and as long they can at least contact you by text messages while you are on vacation? I was 1 week in the hospital not too long ago and had my sister check my mail and my dad send papers i wanted to have send still during that time. I wasnt out of town but still if you have to lay arround and arent alllowed to walk much and such, then you need someone doing it for you.
So i guess if you got someone that could do it incase something comes up in that time your gone, then you could go. Otherwise i wouldnt >< or maybe just 10 days....
But maybe there is someone on the forums that could tell you how much time they give you at average to send requested documents, but i think they give you 4 weeks for documents that you can send fast. If its anything that would take you longer to get, then it should be possible to let them know and explain the delay.

montrealsnow

Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
TVG said:
Hi montrealsnow, yes can you please add me?!

App. Filed: feb 16 2012
Sponsorship approval: june 5 2012
AOR Vienna: July 11 2012

This is it for now, I hope we all get approved soon.

Thanks for the update
You've been added.

Monikita

Aug 1, 2012
Hi Tipha, thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions! Also, I am thinking about sending an email/fax to the VO stating that I will be "out of office" in a specific period so I won't be able to attend eventual interview or provide requested docs... just to make sure as I do not want to get refusal due a vacation LOL. Thanks again!!!

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Monikita said:
Hi Tipha, thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions! Also, I am thinking about sending an email/fax to the VO stating that I will be "out of office" in a specific period so I won't be able to attend eventual interview or provide requested docs... just to make sure as I do not want to get refusal due a vacation LOL. Thanks again!!!
You are welcome :)

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
I'm sorry that you think you are waiting a long time, but you aren't. You have to be patient. I know it's hard to not know what's going on, believe me, we went through it too. But in the end, we waited less than the average 9 months. The people in Vienna were always very nice and helpful...but I think you need to be really courteous towards them. They are only doing their job with their limited resources. I have friends that were on this forum that were waiting 2, and even 3 years. And that was because of their complicated histories, military background checks etc. Perhaps, they do take holidays in the summer. I remember last year in August we were wondering what the hell was going on, but then it seemed all of a sudden my husband was approved in September.

I don't know, maybe things have changed a bit because I heard some visa offices (like in Belgrade) are closed now and everything is done out of Vienna. Maybe they have a lot more work to do now. I can only imagine the mounds of paperwork on their desks. And those CSIS checks take a long time.

Peace to you all....

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
cleo said:
I'm sorry that you think you are waiting a long time, but you aren't. You have to be patient. I know it's hard to not know what's going on, believe me, we went through it too. But in the end, we waited less than the average 9 months. The people in Vienna were always very nice and helpful...but I think you need to be really courteous towards them. They are only doing their job with their limited resources. I have friends that were on this forum that were waiting 2, and even 3 years. And that was because of their complicated histories, military background checks etc. Perhaps, they do take holidays in the summer. I remember last year in August we were wondering what the hell was going on, but then it seemed all of a sudden my husband was approved in September.

I don't know, maybe things have changed a bit because I heard some visa offices (like in Belgrade) are closed now and everything is done out of Vienna. Maybe they have a lot more work to do now. I can only imagine the mounds of paperwork on their desks. And those CSIS checks take a long time.

Peace to you all....
Thank you for giving a bit more hope :) i know they must have more work than usual cause of VO's have closed and maybe some are really on vacation, but then i hope in september we hear of some AOR's and visa's. I myself wish i could be with my husband still this year, but when i see there are still some waiting from february and march, i have not much hope for it, although our case is pretty simple (no criminal, political or millitary background, one divorce), maybe we get lucky....
I sent additional prove to the VO before an AOR which might cause a bit delay for us, i hope they can match it up with our application, i added the UCI and app. file #.

sabaniga

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Germany/Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin / Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-01-2013
I just sent some additional proof to Vienna yesterday. And a change of address, now that I am living in Canada with our two young children and my wife is stuck in Germany alone. The seperation is extremely hard. Especially for the kids who cry for their Mama at night and don't understand what is going on. And neither do I. We've been together 12 years, married almost 11 years, two kids, no military, no complicated history just plain old married life.

I think I have a right to say, this sucks and vent my frustration out in the forum. I am not attacking anyone. We've only been waiting 5 months since March, but alone the thought of another 4 months without my wife kills me. I am sorry if my "whining" is so insulting to you.

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
Sabaniga, you are entitled to vent on this forum. I feel for you and you situation, it is an extremely difficult one. I've been waiting since January, 7 months and counting. I understand that they have alot of work and more applications, however, responding to emails after 28 days (1month) is uncalled for! In the real work force if someone did not respond to emails after 1 month, would mean you're not doing your job. Sorry but this is how I feel. Good luck to everyone!

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
sabaniga said:
I just sent some additional proof to Vienna yesterday. And a change of address, now that I am living in Canada with our two young children and my wife is stuck in Germany alone. The seperation is extremely hard. Especially for the kids who cry for their Mama at night and don't understand what is going on. And neither do I. We've been together 12 years, married almost 11 years, two kids, no military, no complicated history just plain old married life.

I think I have a right to say, this sucks and vent my frustration out in the forum. I am not attacking anyone. We've only been waiting 5 months since March, but alone the thought of another 4 months without my wife kills me. I am sorry if my "whining" is so insulting to you.
Its totally understandable! But ya if even cases that arent difficult wait that long....it doesnt look good :-( I know theres enough people that deserve their visa before me and i happy if they get it, but still im wishing for myself as well to be with my husband this year, this feeling of your life being on hold and the missing each other is just terrible and i think we all can understand each other there.

I wish you and all the rest that it ends soon and hopefully still this year!

Monikita

Aug 1, 2012
Honestly, I understand that processing can take up to 9 months or more... but their responding to inquiries after 28 days is not acceptable... 2 weeks would be ok but 1 month is simply way too much especially when you get a general answer only... Let's hope for an improvement in Sept...

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
I received out GCMS notes today. According to the notes, from May 9 (file transfered)-July 20 (notes ordered), Vienna has NOT started any of the 3 background checks...
I would like to know what my file is doing just sitting there?? I would have been pleased to at least see 'In Progress' for 1 out of the 3 catergories.
Very discouraging...

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Bobbi said:
I received out GCMS notes today. According to the notes, from May 9 (file transfered)-July 20 (notes ordered), Vienna has NOT started any of the 3 background checks...
I would like to know what my file is doing just sitting there?? I would have been pleased to at least see 'In Progress' for 1 out of the 3 catergories.
Very discouraging...
It is :-(!!! you already have such a long wait behind you, im so sorry! I really hope things speed up soon...