20-12-2012 (in-process 7-2-2013)
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Just got my AOR this morning.

Couple questions - what are "file transer" and "inprocess" dates I see on peoples avatars? What do they mean and how do you know when you get them ie email/letter from Vienna or update of profile on CIC website?

Also I noticed on the spreadsheet that this year most people from passport exempt countries are having to wait longer than people who were asked to submit their passports. This seems almost backwards to me, anyone know what's up with this trend?

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
Re: VIENNA OFFICE Stats

cgnyyz said:
So you got your AOR in May and haven't heard anything since? Or have they been requesting additional documents in the meantime? I'd be curious to know how long it took after they started processing the application until they were in touch with you first.
well the Mississauga got on February 09 2012, and they transfer to Vienna on May and from that time my files are in somebody desk , yes they asked last month for his military booklet , and from October 18 after my hubby intervied we are in Process..
they are probably busy , i hope my process with finish soon

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
riverrock55 said:

Couple questions - what are "file transer" and "inprocess" dates I see on peoples avatars? What do they mean and how do you know when you get them ie email/letter from Vienna or update of profile on CIC website?

Also I noticed on the spreadsheet that this year most people from passport exempt countries are having to wait longer than people who were asked to submit their passports. This seems almost backwards to me, anyone know what's up with this trend?
Hi riverrock,

the day that your get your sponsorship approval is the day that your file gets transferred to the VO. (Did you get your AOR from stage 2/Vienna or stage 1/Mississauga?) When you get your AOR from Vienna (I got mine via email) you can log into ecas and check the status of your application. First it will state "application received", then "in process" (this means someone is actually working on your application) and finally "decision made" (PR granted or not - they will send you a letter) -> this is on the applicants side. BUT, not everybodys ecas is updated properly, some go from "application received" to "decision made".

Hope this helps!

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
tommytee said:
YESSSSS!!!!!

Inquired about receiving Vienna my additional document and got the following answer:

"Dear Sir,

We have finalized your case. The necessary document is on the way to you. It left our office on 18/12/2012 by registered mail.
You should receive it soon.

Sincerely,"

I'm in!!
Congrats! What does it say in ecas?

SanBen

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (in process 13-09-2012)
Med's Request
24-01-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A (exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
riverrock55 said:

who knows, my guess is that there might be a higher number of cases where "exempt" applicants have lived in multiple countries ...which in turn makes the background check longer..women also seem to be getting their PR faster than men...but this whole thing seems to be so random that I have given up looking for logic and order.

riverrock55

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Franzi said:
Did you get your AOR from stage 2/Vienna or stage 1/Mississauga?) When you get your AOR from Vienna (I got mine via email) you can log into ecas and check the status of your application.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Franzi! Yes I am talking about stage 2 AOR with Vienna saying they recieved it. I also got it via email. The sponsor part was approved on Dec 7, so I guess that is my "file tranfer" date.

Cheers

sabaniga

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Germany/Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin / Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-01-2013
SanBen said:
who knows, my guess is that there might be a higher number of cases where "exempt" applicants have lived in multiple countries ...which in turn makes the background check longer..women also seem to be getting their PR faster than men...but this whole thing seems to be so random that I have given up looking for logic and order.
My sentiments exactly. There seems to be no logic, no sense to it all. I don't know what else I can do.

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
riverrock55 said:
Thanks Franzi! Yes I am talking about stage 2 AOR with Vienna saying they recieved it. I also got it via email. The sponsor part was approved on Dec 7, so I guess that is my "file tranfer" date.

Cheers
You got it! Wow, that was super fast then! Took us over 4 months to get AOR from Vienna.. Have you tried logging into ecas yet? It usually takes a few days to work, so don't worry if you can't login yet!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
AUTO INSURANCE INFO

Hi all

First I must ask you to excuse me if this message is out of topic but a well planned re establishment in Canada is a must for me
and maybe the info gathered here would help all of you at the end
In order as not to re write my query I copied my original email that I send yesterday to some insurance companies in Ontario.
If anyone has any opinion or answers about my query please input them here
Thank you all and wishing you all a Joyous Holiday season
Here is my letter but of course so far no one answered me yet and to just send a simple email to them it was also difficult because in some sites you have to declare a Canadian address in order to do so

"Greetings.
I am a Canadian citizen planning to reestablish my self in Canada and most likely in Ontario Scarborough in the following 6 months.
I moved out from Canada in 1990 and till then I was licensed in Ontario with all levels (up to A license) My driving record was spotless in Canada. Now since April 1990 to this day I am licensed here in my birth country of Greece also with the highest license classification and also with a spotless claim free record.
I understand that when I will come back to Canada next year, Ontario will not recognize my nearly 40 years of clean driving record (10 of those in Ontario as a professional driver) and I will have to be considered a new driver there again. But from the little research that I've done the rates of the premiums that I will be considered to pay in Canada will be forbidding for me to either think of purchasing a car to commute in Canada therefore to make my living ( drive to work or for entertainment)
Presently here in Greece I pay 180 euros per six months not including collision but even if I had selected to have collision the difference is approximately another 100 euros. (Total 280 per six months)
When I initially immigrated to Canada in 1980 and bought my first car, my then Canadian insurer asked me to produce a letter from the Greek insurance and my premium then was something next to nothing.
I wonder and forgive me if I take your time, is there any way to avoid such high premiums and to not be considered a new driver in Canada? I am not 17 years old teenager but a safe 57 yo experienced driver. Thank you very much for taking the time!"

sabaniga

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Germany/Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin / Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-01-2013
Re: AUTO INSURANCE INFO

messenger said:
Hi all

First I must ask you to excuse me if this message is out of topic but a well planned re establishment in Canada is a must for me
and maybe the info gathered here would help all of you at the end
In order as not to re write my query I copied my original email that I send yesterday to some insurance companies in Ontario.
If anyone has any opinion or answers about my query please input them here
Thank you all and wishing you all a Joyous Holiday season
Here is my letter but of course so far no one answered me yet and to just send a simple email to them it was also difficult because in some sites you have to declare a Canadian address in order to do so

"Greetings.
I am a Canadian citizen planning to reestablish my self in Canada and most likely in Ontario Scarborough in the following 6 months.
I moved out from Canada in 1990 and till then I was licensed in Ontario with all levels (up to A license) My driving record was spotless in Canada. Now since April 1990 to this day I am licensed here in my birth country of Greece also with the highest license classification and also with a spotless claim free record.
I understand that when I will come back to Canada next year, Ontario will not recognize my nearly 40 years of clean driving record (10 of those in Ontario as a professional driver) and I will have to be considered a new driver there again. But from the little research that I've done the rates of the premiums that I will be considered to pay in Canada will be forbidding for me to either think of purchasing a car to commute in Canada therefore to make my living ( drive to work or for entertainment)
Presently here in Greece I pay 180 euros per six months not including collision but even if I had selected to have collision the difference is approximately another 100 euros. (Total 280 per six months)
When I initially immigrated to Canada in 1980 and bought my first car, my then Canadian insurer asked me to produce a letter from the Greek insurance and my premium then was something next to nothing.
I wonder and forgive me if I take your time, is there any way to avoid such high premiums and to not be considered a new driver in Canada? I am not 17 years old teenager but a safe 57 yo experienced driver. Thank you very much for taking the time!"
I don't know if you will have any luck. Insurance rates are the highest in Ontario, especially the GTA. As you know, insurance depends on many factors, including sex, age, place of residence, type and age of car, etc. Even if you got a not so old but not so new car, you still are going to have to pay high rates.

That being said, I did luck out. I found a very good insurance broker. She was able to take my clean driving record from Germany, and a letter from my insurance company in Germany saying I had no claims against me....plus she was able to access my old driving records from my previous Ontario insurance company from when I got my first car. (I am a Canadian citizen, born and raised) And voila, my 4500 dollar quote for one year, turned into 500 dollars for one year.

My advice, find a good broker. Try also insurance from PC financial or TD or even RBC. Shop around. Even if it's only a little bit, sometimes even after that first year, your insurance rates will go down.

riverrock55

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Franzi said:
You got it! Wow, that was super fast then! Took us over 4 months to get AOR from Vienna.. Have you tried logging into ecas yet? It usually takes a few days to work, so don't worry if you can't login yet!
Yes from what I have seen we have been lucky so far. Under applicants ecas it still says application recieved, and when I click on that it still says the origional date they recieved the application in stage 1 Mississauga, and that they have our medicals. Will this change to the AOR date in Vienna?

Sponsor's ecas says same thing but also has sponsor info, decision made on sponsor, and home address.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
tommytee said:
YESSSSS!!!!!

Inquired about receiving Vienna my additional document and got the following answer:

"Dear Sir,

We have finalized your case. The necessary document is on the way to you. It left our office on 18/12/2012 by registered mail.
You should receive it soon.

Sincerely,"

I'm in!!
Gefeliciteerd man.
You beat me!

mase

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011 and Oct 2012
Interview........
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
Does anyone knows,...if vienna office is open on 24.dec 2012 and on the 01.Jan 2013 and they are working on our files?????? Or are they in holidays till 2013 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Venecan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienne - Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-23-2013 Redone
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I hope this year!
LANDED..........
I hope this year!
mase said:
Does anyone knows,...if vienna office is open on 24.dec 2012 and on the 01.Jan 2013 and they are working on our files?????? Or are they in holidays till 2013 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I guess that we will get news next year!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Next Year... will be our year! :'(

sm90

Mar 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me what does it mean when the address on e-case changes to the Canadian address, but it still says that the application is in process? They received the passport last friday and the address part just changed now,,im not sure if that means that they stamped my husband's visa already...are they going to email us when they actually stamp the visa? Thanks