+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Victim of Marriage Scam

ScammedIdiot

Nov 8, 2011
ddobro2 said:
When you say you have no tangible evidence, was it simply the fact that she had divorced her husband just before she married you that convinced you that it was a MOC? Because in that case, yeah, maybe there's nothing provably there....you dodged the bullet, although you sure payed a lot before you got to that point.
Unfortunately Yes

But I think there's two issues here, the deception of your wife is one thing, but this citylove.ca/ club, if in fact it is a scam (and judging by the membership prices they have listed on there - $99 for the most basic "service" - and the creepy "new members" chart......I'm guessing there's something fishy going on with it), is another. And I can't imagine that you have absolutely no paper trail when it comes to this "club" and its matron, which you say you spent a lot of time in communication with. I understand that your lack of Mandarin proficiency kept you from understanding a lot of what was going on, but surely there is something documented that would prove the ill intentions of this "dating club." And by the way, I went to the Better Business Bureau's site, just for kicks and giggles, and found they had just 1 complaint, which had been "closed." And there's nothing else about it online that I could find, apart from its own website, which is too bad if this organization really is doing bad or illegal business. At the very least, I'm sure the media would love to hear this story.

[/quote]

All I have is her emails. I don't know. I maybe her only victim. I do not want to jump the gun. I have to be absolutely sure before I approach the autherities. But there are a few things about her that made me suspect it was a MOC fraud ring. She has live in Canada for ten years. She definitely did not come from a rich background. I do not think the type of work she does would generate substantial amount of income. But she ownes two large houses and an apartment right in downtown Vancouver. She is also leasing an office. She tells me that she was able to get loans from the bank to buy all three properties. And that she was able to pay on the mortgages renting the properties out (which is true by the way). You can find these properties advertise online if you knew how to look.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
annabruce said:
I actually discussed many times the meaning of love with my parter. Didn't you? I can't imagine marrying anyone who doesn't share my concept of what love is.
Ever try to explain to someone why you love your partner? I have, and fail miserably each time. The words are so inept; I reach for reasons like "honesty, integrity, sense of humour, intelligence, dedication to keeping the relationship strong" etc etc. The problem is, that this could describe many people, but I love just one.

Who really, truly understands why we love one person and not other, similar people? So when a couple has differences of age, education, culture -- etc etc, some rush to judge them negatively, while I wish them happiness and luck (because yes, these differences will be obstacles to be overcome, and they'll need fortitude).

Most of all, I refrain from judgments, because they unavoidably stem from my limited personal experiences, and therefore are inadequate to fathom their situation.

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
toby said:
Ever try to explain to someone why you love your partner? I have, and fail miserably each time. The words are so inept; I reach for reasons like "honesty, integrity, sense of humour, intelligence, dedication to keeping the relationship strong" etc etc. The problem is, that this could describe many people, but I love just one.

Who really, truly understands why we love one person and not other, similar people? So when a couple has differences of age, education, culture -- etc etc, some rush to judge them negatively, while I wish them happiness and luck (because yes, these differences will be obstacles to be overcome, and they'll need fortitude).

Most of all, I refrain from judgments, because they unavoidably stem from my limited personal experiences, and therefore are inadequate to fathom their situation.
Well said!! I often wonder the same thing - why did I fall head over heels in love with my husband. There are many reasons why I shouldn't have, but I did, and I could never explain it to someone else! Its hard for others to understand, hard for me to understand too.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree with you.
toby said: