VERY VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM I'M IN..PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE

raju12w

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
My study permit expires in July 2015, it was of 3 years.

I didn't finish any courses in 3 years :-[

I finished the first sem every year and then failed or skipped classes due to being depressed from various matters

in which I had suicidal thoughts everyday.

I want to obtain PR at any cost, I know some people might think I'm irresponsible for wasting so much time/money, but I tried and failed,

please don't judge me :-X

I'm thinking of doing an 8 month certificate in Saskatchewan which will be the easiest way to get PR and I'm worried that I might not get the study permit extension.

Guys, please, please advise me what should I do? I feel like I've cheated my family when in fact I just don't want to come off as a disappointment

Just tell me that I won't have problems extending my study permit. Just tell me something :'(

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stop partying, change your major to something you know you'll do better in. Focus on your studies.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's reasonable to expect that you will have a great deal of difficulty extending your study permit. You've been in Canada for three years without completing a course. CIC will most likely say you aren't a genuine student based on your study record in Canada.

By all means go ahead and apply to extend your study permit. However be prepared for the fact there is a high chance you will be refused and told you have to leave the country.

Hope you haven't been working during this entire time. If you have, you have most likely been working illegally.