App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
So my common law partner is applying for permanent residency, and we're going through the motions of filling out the forums. However, some of the fields aren't entirely clear.

For instance, in the "Generic Application Form for Canada", two things caused concern:

1. Field 7. asks us for a CSQ; we do not intend to set up residence in Québec when we move back to Canada, and yet there is no indication anywhere that we can legitimately leave this field blank. Can we do so? Even if we intend to move to Vancouver, do we have to have a CSQ?

2. In the section about language, it says to note the language "you would be most likely to use". In what circumstances? In everyday life, we speak German, but we would be moving to an anglophone region of Canada and, as such, my partner expects to be speaking English. So what should we write?

Also, we are unsure about the "Schedule A - Background/Declaration". It says that itmust be filled out by both the principle applicant and her common-law partner. But since I am her common-law partner, and also the Canadian citizen and sponsor, it seems I shouldn't have to fill this out. Do I have to, or not?

Also, in the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire, we are still living together; should we simple leave the "To" field blank when asked to describe the time period we are living together?

Finally, as to the medical examination - the only people moving to Canada are my girlfriend and myself. Yet the instructions make it sound as though they want her family members (presumably her parents) to also undergo examinations. That can't be right, can it? If that IS the case, what should we do about the fact that we have lost contact to her biological father? Surely the immigration offices don't want her step-father's information. What is to be done?

So all in all, we have a lot of questions - sorry to ask them here, but the Immigration Office in Berlin isn't legally allowed to tell me anything over the phone, and we don't want to spend a ton of money to go to Berlin just to ask a couple of questions! Can anyone help us out with all these unclear instructions? Thanks! :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1) Just write N/A for not applicable. You don't need one unless you are going to Quebec, and even then an applicant would not have it until they had sponsor approval, so just put N/A.

2) What language would you prefer to have an interview in, if one becomes necessary? Choose that language.

3) Only the sponsored person needs to fill it out in this case.

4) Don't leave it blank, either put "present" or fill in the date you are completing the application.

5) "Family members" in this case would refer to minor children. You have none, so only your spouse needs the medical.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Field 7. asks us for a CSQ; we do not intend to set up residence in Québec when we move back to Canada, and yet there is no indication anywhere that we can legitimately leave this field blank. Can we do so? Even if we intend to move to Vancouver, do we have to have a CSQ?

Question 7 becomes disabled as soon as you select "BC" and "Vancouver" for Question 4.

2. In the section about language, it says to note the language "you would be most likely to use". In what circumstances? In everyday life, we speak German, but we would be moving to an anglophone region of Canada and, as such, my partner expects to be speaking English. So what should we write?

It's either English or French. In your case, most likely English.

Also, we are unsure about the "Schedule A - Background/Declaration". It says that itmust be filled out by both the principle applicant and her common-law partner. But since I am her common-law partner, and also the Canadian citizen and sponsor, it seems I shouldn't have to fill this out. Do I have to, or not?

Only the Sponsored person (applicant) needs to fill Schedule A, and dependents who are 18 years or older, if you have any.

Also, in the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire, we are still living together; should we simple leave the "To" field blank when asked to describe the time period we are living together?

Enter date when application is being signed.

Finally, as to the medical examination - the only people moving to Canada are my girlfriend and myself. Yet the instructions make it sound as though they want her family members (presumably her parents) to also undergo examinations. That can't be right, can it? If that IS the case, what should we do about the fact that we have lost contact to her biological father? Surely the immigration offices don't want her step-father's information. What is to be done?

Parents dont need to do medical exams, but if she has children from previous relationship or with you, then they do need medicals if they're not PR/Canadian already.

GuerricH

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
Great, thanks for the swift replies! Sounds like things aren't as complicated as they appear at first glance. :)