+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

rockyg

Apr 10, 2015
yyzhuang said:
I got a letter in the mail. But ecas is not even updated.
HI yyzhuang,

so you didn't receive any email from cic regarding citizenship test? can i know when is your test date?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyg said:
HI yyzhuang,

so you didn't receive any email from cic regarding citizenship test? can i know when is your test date?
No email, just a regular mail in the mailbox. I just got the notice today, and my test date is April 22. The letter was dated April 2.

rockyg

Apr 10, 2015
yyzhuang said:
No email, just a regular mail in the mailbox. I just got the notice today, and my test date is April 22. The letter was dated April 2.
Thanks yyzhuang. Wish you the best.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Below is my timeline/status update

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 16, 2014.
2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3- We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.
4- Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 11, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.
5- Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 30, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.

My file was transferred twice to Surrey Office ! is this common practice? or is it a case of entry error or additional info sent on the second time?

I am a bit confused ::) ???

Also how does Surrey office compare with Vancouver in terms of processing time?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
colocho13 said:
Below is my timeline/status update

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 16, 2014.
2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3- We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.
4- Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 11, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.
5- Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 30, 2015. The Citizenship Surrey office will contact you.

My file was transferred twice to Surrey Office ! is this common practice? or is it a case of entry error or additional info sent on the second time?

I am a bit confused ::) ???

Also how does Surrey office compare with Vancouver in terms of processing time?
I think the first transfer date is when the file left Sydney, and the next one when it was received in Surrey.

Yes, that's how long (or longer) it takes for the file to get to the local office once it leaves Sydney. I suspect that once the file get to the local office, it is not entered as received immediately, and that's why the time difference.

Ray

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if this topic has already been addressed but can someone tell me the best site to visit for online practice tests? Thank you!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
bamm1995 said:
Sorry if this topic has already been addressed but can someone tell me the best site to visit for online practice tests? Thank you!
Links here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/test-preparation-t242513.0.html

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those of you who took the test already, are we allowed to take backpack, phone (turned off), water into the exam room? Do we need to bring pencils or papers, or will the officers provide these for us? thanks!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi yyzhuang,
You can bring backpack, water, turn off cell, rest of all material for test like pen pencil eraser will be provided by them (after all you are paying too much fees to them. They should have to give coffee & snacks too)

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi yyzhuang,
You can bring backpack, water, turn off cell, rest of all material for test like pen pencil eraser will be provided by them (after all you are paying too much fees to them. They should have to give coffee & snacks too)
Lol thanks a lot!

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
Hi Everyone! I have a question. Our file are already transferred at Citizenship Vancouver last April 2015 But we still did not received the Discover Canada Book. My question is when are we going receive it. Most of what I read here in forum they received it with the confirmation letter. Which I received on 2nd week of March. Thanks in advance.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
leeneljane said:
Hi Everyone! I have a question. Our file are already transferred at Citizenship Vancouver last April 2015 But we still did not received the Discover Canada Book. My question is when are we going receive it. Most of what I read here in forum they received it with the confirmation letter. Which I received on 2nd week of March. Thanks in advance.
Hi Leeneljane,

If you recieved your AOR via email, then there is a link in the AOR PDF to an electronic version of the book: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
leeneljane said:
Many applicants will never receive it -- I've known quite a few that didn't. They studied with any of the electronic versions (apps, the PDF located here, etc.). If you would like to have a hard copy, order one from CIC.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
here is quick update on my case, once again below is my timeline

application received on December 16, 2014.
application process started on February 19, 2015.
file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 11, 2015.
file was transferred to the Citizenship Surrey office on March 30, 2015.

I phoned CIC Call Centre today, they had wrong email .com instead of .ca and wrong last digit my phone number. The agent told me that all documents submitted with the application were accepted and my file was received at the local office on April 2nd and now I have to wait for them to contact me.

This is possible why I never received any notification or the letter of confirmation and Discover Canada from CIC via mail or email
Background Check: At what stage is it done/completed? at Sydeny or Local Office?
RQ: Who issue RQ Sydeny or Local Office ?
Surrey Office: Any idea of the processing time? Any one else in Surrey?