+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
Bro, don't mind I ask you a question, what is your country of origin : South Asia, East Asia, SE Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia, EU, Latin America, Africa?
Hi BLT. You keep mentioning here that the country of origin may effect the application process. My native country is Russia, any ideas at this point?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
BLT said:
Bro, don't mind I ask you a question, what is your country of origin : South Asia, East Asia, SE Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia, EU, Latin America, Africa?
UK. Why does it matter? I have been here the entire 3 years before I applied. Never left Canada for three years. Have a well paid job. Pay taxes, no criminal record. Call centre says my application is good to go, awaiting test date. If its only waiting for a test date, why are people who applied after me getting test dates and not me? Because the person who is looking after my file is moving slow, sitting on a pile of files he/she isn't processing in a timely manner.

Nothing to do with my country of origin, my background check is complete and passed.

I think people should get it out of their head that their file is processed slow because they were born in a certain country and start to realize that we need CIC to be more transparent and more accountable. Stop blaming yourself for their inefficiency.

Ray

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Pel said:
Hi BLT. You keep mentioning here that the country of origin may effect the application process. My native country is Russia, any ideas at this point?
I'm still trying to figure out if this has anything to do with being slowed down.

paniz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2009
Doc's Request.
26-03-2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-06-2009 & 23-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-07-2009 & 09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
paniz said:
Did the test August 14th, still waiting !!! and have sent 3 faxes to Vancouver office noticed about my government job position which was applied and short trip during Christmas holidays.

But NOBODY care !!! :mad:
Today received Oath ceremony invitation dated December 29th !!! :(
As I have already told, nobody care about my faxes. :mad:
Tomorrow I will change return date which was December 31st !!!
I went to Vancouver office in person and they have accepted to cancel this appointment and re-schedule the Oath ceremony and I is risky, I have decided to return early to attend in ceremony.

Good luck to everyone !

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
paniz said:
Today received Oath ceremony invitation dated December 29th !!! :(
As I have already told, nobody care about my faxes. :mad:
Tomorrow I will change return date which was December 31st !!!
I went to Vancouver office in person and they have accepted to cancel this appointment and re-schedule the Oath ceremony and I is risky, I have decided to return early to attend in ceremony.

Good luck to everyone !
Congratulation to you and me. ;D
To you for getting a happy ending, to me for having less one person on the line. 8)

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pel said:
Thanks. We ordered my wife's ATIP to compare. She is a May 2014 applicant and will become citizen in a few days.
Hi Pel,how come your wife already has her oath?If you applied together,you should have it also by now.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
I'm still trying to figure out if this has anything to do with being slowed down.
I'm sure the country of origin doesn't have to do with the speed of processing. As I have mentioned before,my friends from the same country as I, have their applications move faster than mine. Maybe it has to do with the officer handling your file.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Juney said:
Hi Pel,how come your wife already has her oath?If you applied together,you should have it also by now.
Hi Juney. No, we applied separately, Im a March applicant and she is a May applicant. I know a couple who applied together on June in Vancouver, they had their test in the beginning of November and they have just recently received the oath invitation (scheduled for the end of December). That's really fast and smooth processing :)

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ray - perfectly said. I am very similar to your scenario (UK, high paying IT job,>3yrs) . I totally agree and think this is just inefficient CIC resources that's causing any delays for some people (and others just reacting too early due to their excitement and own unreasonable expectations).

My test was sept and I've heard nothing yet - but then that's not even 3 months yet. We have to give them atleast the time they ask. They told me 4 mths.

raymasa said:
UK. Why does it matter? I have been here the entire 3 years before I applied. Never left Canada for three years. Have a well paid job. Pay taxes, no criminal record. Call centre says my application is good to go, awaiting test date. If its only waiting for a test date, why are people who applied after me getting test dates and not me? Because the person who is looking after my file is moving slow, sitting on a pile of files he/she isn't processing in a timely manner.

Nothing to do with my country of origin, my background check is complete and passed.

I think people should get it out of their head that their file is processed slow because they were born in a certain country and start to realize that we need CIC to be more transparent and more accountable. Stop blaming yourself for their inefficiency.

Ray

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would probably need a lawyer to say so, but my impression is 'being born in a certain country' would fall against certain constitutional civil rights and categorize as discrimination - And i have 100% faith that CIC (being good Canadian citizens) do not do that. :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm almost sure that your country of birth has something to do with Citizenship application. My rational is this: If there are 10000 applicants from country X, 100 from Y then there is likely that 100 from Y may get citizenship sooner than the 9900 applicants. So it would seem for the applicants of country X that their application takes way too long to process.

my 2 cents.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
canucksrig said:
I'm almost sure that your country of birth has something to do with Citizenship application. My rational is this: If there are 10000 applicants from country X, 100 from Y then there is likely that 100 from Y may get citizenship sooner than the 9900 applicants. So it would seem for the applicants of country X that their application takes way too long to process.

my 2 cents.
Are you suggesting that citizenship is quota driven based on where you were born? First I heard of that logic.

Ray

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yupe! just like green cards in USA. Canada is known for keeping things under the rug. Anyways I maybe completely wrong and I hope I am.

dudleyyvr

Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the quotas are for the first x applicants from the various categories for Immigration ie, PR.
NOT for citizenshi
p. It's first come first serve in the queue and then each case on it's own merit.

eg. www . cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-11-06.asp

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
canucksrig said:
yupe! just like green cards in USA. Canada is known for keeping things under the rug. Anyways I maybe completely wrong and I hope I am.
US citizenship isn't based on quota either. PR lottery and certain other PR categories, yes, citizenship no. It amaze me how people jump to conclusion. It's dangerous to spread unfounded rumors. Be better to stick to facts. Please.

Ray