+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
finally!!!!
Oath on Nov.24th. My roommate informed me that letter has reached!
I hope all the other waiting in line get theirs as well!!
Congrats @canucksrig! your waiting has finally been paid off :D :D :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to receive mine soon too, this said I'll be away for almost 3 weeks in December-January, so I hope they don't send me the letter while I'm away and I miss my oath!!! ???

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hey guys,
I took my test today. After the interview officer told me to wait 3 to 5 months for the next step. Does it really take that long?
Also, is there anybody got a RQ after the test?
Thanks

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
pengyuen said:
Hey guys,
I took my test today. After the interview officer told me to wait 3 to 5 months for the next step. Does it really take that long?
Also, is there anybody got a RQ after the test?
Thanks
How was the test? I got my citizenship test scheduled today.

We sent you a notice on November 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Application Received: July 7, 2014
In Process: August 27, 2014
Received by mail AOR and Book : First or second week of September?
Citizenship test: December 10, 2014

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the oath today - what an amazing experience and something to be soo proud of! There was 75 (they had scheduled for 80) of us there from over 20+ countries. Took about 1hr 45mins from start to finish (from checking us in to taking photos with judge after.) Lots of people didn't sign the forms that come with the letter before they showed up, so they got sent to 'back of the line' to do that while the rest went ahead. No drink/food allowed, cameras allowed though. The judge was really nice and had a good speech that I enjoyed. Did the oath in both English and French which was a fun experience! And the weather in Vancouver was soo sunny and beautiful looking today (minus that wind.) Came home and signed up for my cultural access pass, looking forward to that also!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
jjr20 said:
Took the oath today - what an amazing experience and something to be soo proud of! There was 75 (they had scheduled for 80) of us there from over 20+ countries. Took about 1hr 45mins from start to finish (from checking us in to taking photos with judge after.) Lots of people didn't sign the forms that come with the letter before they showed up, so they got sent to 'back of the line' to do that while the rest went ahead. No drink/food allowed, cameras allowed though. The judge was really nice and had a good speech that I enjoyed. Did the oath in both English and French which was a fun experience! And the weather in Vancouver was soo sunny and beautiful looking today (minus that wind.) Came home and signed up for my cultural access pass, looking forward to that also!
Excellent! Congratulations on your promotion, in a sense :).

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Vancouvergal! Congratulations JJR20!!

@ pengyuen it depends on many factors. I was told 3-5 months and got scheduled only in 4th month but some applicants got theirs in 1.5-2 months.

Good luck to all waiting.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Bakaboy said:
How was the test? I got my citizenship test scheduled today.

We sent you a notice on November 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Application Received: July 7, 2014
In Process: August 27, 2014
Received by mail AOR and Book : First or second week of September?
Citizenship test: December 10, 2014
Test is easy if you read the book at least once. Many people told me it common sense and super easy bt no I didn't think so. Read the booklet you will be fine.
@canucksrig, Thanks and congrats:)

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Hi Guys,

I wrote under this thread until I got the information that my local office is Surrey. Firstly, thank you all for sharing information on these forums. Surrey was slow compared to Vancouver (It's been 15 months since we applied) but at last I got eCAS update today saying that they mailed test letter on Nov 10 and the test date is Dec 10. I have a few questions to those of you who already did the test and would appreciate if you could advise:

1) Do we fill the answer sheet with pencil throughout (not only the answers but names, applicant's number etc as well) or any part is filled with ink pen?
2) Do we need to bring any stationary (Pencil, eraser etc) or are they providing them?
3) I suppose the top part of the answer sheet to be filled in with some typical info such as names, applicant's number etc as usual with this type of tests. Which ones of them are we coding in (filling the corresponding circles in the columns under the letters and numbers)?
4) Are there any specific areas we should be cautious or you could warn us about?

Sorry if the above questions seem to you too lame, I've been thru such tests all thru my life and it's pretty simple for me, but I'm trying to prepare my wife in advance so that she won't make mistakes on the form by misunderstanding the test supervisor's instructions. She's smart and has no language barrier, but by nature she's very panicky.

Your comments on the above four questions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Kubik

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi there
you don't need to bring any stationary because they will give you a pen with answer sheet. they will ask you to not touch the papers until they explain the procedure of the exam , and they will tell you how to fill out the papers. you should leave any thing that you have under the chair and not to touch any thing until you give your answer sheet and questions to the officer.and also keep your test invitation accessible because that is the first thing that they will ask for.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
sept-30 said:
Hi there
you don't need to bring any stationary because they will give you a pen with answer sheet. they will ask you to not touch the papers until they explain the procedure of the exam , and they will tell you how to fill out the papers. you should leave any thing that you have under the chair and not to touch any thing until you give your answer sheet and questions to the officer.and also keep your test invitation accessible because that is the first thing that they will ask for.
Thanks so much Sept-30

enzoirn

Nov 13, 2014
Hello guys,

I never actually got the chance to post anything. So maybe Ill share my experience today.

I took the test this morning and if you've read the book, you should be okay. Questions are very straight forward. After doing the test, I went for an interview where the officer ask me where I work and about my travels. I was actually worried because I had a few trips in the US and a few don't have stamps. It was too late for me to request exit records from CBSA too.
The officer checked my stamps and had no concerns at all and told me that the waiting for my oath is around 2-3 months. We chatted a little about my work and she told me "thank you to people like you".

I am just curious, is there a chance of RQ even after the test and interview are done? I guess I am just being a worry wart lol
I understand they usually send letters for oath in a short notice, wondering with your experience how short is it? like a week or 2? I am just worried with how I can take time off lol

I hope everyone is doing great.

-------------------------
Application Received: Sept 2013
Started processing : January 8, 2014
Test date: November 13, 2014

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FREEZING COLD WEATHER, BUG HOPEFULLY THE JOURNEY WILL END WHEN SPRING COMES! THEN TRAVEL WITH CANADIAN PASSPORT NEXT SUMMER.