+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
nadalowna said:
this happened to me too
when I called CIC for my test date, the agent said the estimated waiting was 24months
I just said that I was going for my vacation so wanted to know If I had to cancel my ticket. She checked my status then said " I have a good news for you, ur test date is scheduled in next month so stay in Canada"
lol
haa))

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning Vancouver, after taking the test, did anything update online? Call Center?! Or just sit and wait again and again and again ;)

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was the last person to leave the test hall, it was too basic and simple, to the point that I was so much in doubt, I kept going over the answers to make sure I got them right!

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic undercover agent said:
Hie Everyone.Im a Calgarian who sent his single and very routine application on February 10 2014 with processing starting on March 28 2014.Now i will be moving to the Okanagan this coming february and i have a few questions,if you could help me clarify a few things that would be most appreciated.Now will my local office be Vancouver Cic? And how are timelines at Vancouver and how soon will i be invited to write the test? and the oath thereafter? How long do file transfers take place and wil this delay my application at all? Do i risk receiving an RQ with this move? And say i get invited for the test and maybe oath before receiving my BC drivers license and BC medical card,will my Alberta ID docs be acceptable? Do address changes get investigated thoroghly? Im just worried that Vancouver Cic could invite me for tests and oath soon since my application is very routine and i wont be a resident for a minimum of 3 months.Is this an issue there? All contributions are very welcome,thanks.
This is little tricky. If you had applied in Feb'14 I would assume that you should be getting test in about a year timeframe (which would be Feb'15?). Do you know the processing time in Calgary? I would write my test in Calgary and then chat with CIC telling them that you recently moved to Vancouver and if they would recommend transferring the file or ask you to take oath in Calgary.

Generally speaking Vancouver office is issuing test in 4.5-7 month time frame and oath in 3-5 month timeframe. I can't comment on the file transfer cases. Hope this helps!

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Hi all,

I have been rather quiet on this forum, but feel that I want to share my experience today.

I just finished my test and interview in Nanaimo and it went great! Test was easy peasy! The interview was great! I was told that there is no concern with my application and that it has been approved! The officer gave me a choice of doing the oath in Vancouver on 1 Dec or to wait until next Spring to take the oath in Nanaimo. I obviously chose Vancouver on the sooner date! A confirmation letter will be mailed shortly.

All in all, my timeline is:

Applied Feb 2014
Application in Process 7 April 2014
Test 07 Nov 2014
Oath unofficially scheduled for 1 Dec 2014

I am so happy :D!!!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
congrats jacquevw ;D

Nov 5, 2014
canucksrig said:
This is little tricky. If you had applied in Feb'14 I would assume that you should be getting test in about a year timeframe (which would be Feb'15?). Do you know the processing time in Calgary? I would write my test in Calgary and then chat with CIC telling them that you recently moved to Vancouver and if they would recommend transferring the file or ask you to take oath in Calgary.

Generally speaking Vancouver office is issuing test in 4.5-7 month time frame and oath in 3-5 month timeframe. I can't comment on the file transfer cases. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response.I did apply in Feb 10 2014 actually.Calgary time frames arent clear ,there is no sensible time frame here ,its either 2 yrs. or 3 yrs or 4 yrs until testing and then maybe the same for the oath! Its a mess here.But my main question is,will my Alberta Ids be acceptef in Vancouver if i get invited for a test sooner than expected? And do i risk an RQ with this move in any way?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you would be issued a RQ. Your home province was Alberta when applying for citizenship hence you attached the relevant documents. When you move here you would be issued with new ids which should be linked to your old ids. If asked about your very recent ids you can inform them that you moved recently from AB to BC.

In any case you will only move in Feb and I would recommend you to change of address then.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Cic undercover agent said:
Thanks for the response.I did apply in Feb 10 2014 actually.Calgary time frames arent clear ,there is no sensible time frame here ,its either 2 yrs. or 3 yrs or 4 yrs until testing and then maybe the same for the oath! Its a mess here.But my main question is,will my Alberta Ids be acceptef in Vancouver if i get invited for a test sooner than expected? And do i risk an RQ with this move in any way?
Why did you pick up an initial like CIC undercover agent? Since I'm not an RCMP undercover agent, I found it scary to reply your posts.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BLT said:
Why did you pick up an initial like CIC undercover agent? Since I'm not an RCMP undercover agent, I found it scary to reply your posts.
LOL!! ;D :D

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
hey guys,

i took my test in Vancouver about 3 weeks a go and i called the agent to find out about my file, when to get oath and the agent asked me, did you take the test?

i said yes, she said there is no results updated on the system for your test and it usually takes about 1 month before they see anything.

is that true? when we pass the test and interview , do they update their system?

my interview was very good only 5 minutes and the office was happy.

Nov 5, 2014
canucksrig said:
I don't think you would be issued a RQ. Your home province was Alberta when applying for citizenship hence you attached the relevant documents. When you move here you would be issued with new ids which should be linked to your old ids. If asked about your very recent ids you can inform them that you moved recently from AB to BC.

In any case you will only move in Feb and I would recommend you to change of address then.

Much appreciated thank you.