+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
BLT said:
Which one is worse, waiting for the test or waiting after test?
All the waiting is bad and at each stage you would think that this is the worst waiting, until the next stage comes and you find it worse!

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Waiting in general is not a good feeling. It plays with your neurotransmitters in your brain such as Serotonin, GABA. These are also the neurotransmitters related to OCD, depression and the like. Persistence of hyper of hypoactivation of neurotransmitters has some bad sequelae. So please dont make us wait! It can make you anxious, paranoid, depress and more! :-X

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan I checked the time slots on Tuesday morning itself, before you did :p Hoping for the best :)

vanvanvan said:
Wow i checked the ceremony schedule they added quite a few dates and few more ceremonies in a day! This is a good sign. There were no ceremonies before for Oct 10 and 11 now there is with 2 timeslots for Oct 10, Oct 11 (saturday) with 1 timeslot, Oct 14 used to have 2 slots now its 4 slots, October 17 used to have 1 slot now its 3. Haha It is so obvious that I'm really watching it very closely. So hamed,canucksrig, and jerrod. I think our oath will be from around October 11-17. ;) Hopefully!!!!!! Single applicants usually do get 2 weeks notice so it is coming.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Waiting in general is not a good feeling. It plays with your neurotransmitters in your brain such as Serotonin, GABA. These are also the neurotransmitters related to OCD, depression and the like. Persistence of hyper of hypoactivation of neurotransmitters has some bad sequelae. So please dont make us wait! It can make you anxious, paranoid, depress and more! :-X
take it from the doctor... :p

vanmom

Sep 20, 2014
The waiting game is such a horrible feeling! I know how you guys feel, BLT, vanvanvan, canucksrig. Dont you worry with all the oath ceremonies lined up Im sure you will be in one of them soonest! I was checking ecas everyday, then when I checked that Friday it said that they sent it the notice by mail 4 days ago. The notice on the ecas didn't show up til after a few days! Dont you worry, easily said than done ;D, wish you guys will get it soon!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
vanmom said:
The waiting game is such a horrible feeling! I know how you guys feel, BLT, vanvanvan, canucksrig. Dont you worry with all the oath ceremonies lined up Im sure you will be in one of them soonest! I was checking ecas everyday, then when I checked that Friday it said that they sent it the notice by mail 4 days ago. The notice on the ecas didn't show up til after a few days! Dont you worry, easily said than done ;D, wish you guys will get it soon!
I haven't gotten the test yet, applied in July 2014. So far I got invitation for...... FINGER PRINT...
Let's put it this way to free our nerves from the waiting tension : It's just a license to vote and Visa waiver, everything else is the same, so just be yourself and don't think of it too much. Hope this can help.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
I haven't gotten the test yet, applied in July 2014. So far I got invitation for...... FINGER PRINT...
Let's put it this way to free our nerves from the waiting tension : It's just a license to vote and Visa waiver, everything else is the same, so just be yourself and don't think of it too much. Hope this can help.
right... ;D

let charmed10-2013 say something about being a canadian now & holding a canadian passport... :D

c'mon charmed10-2013, share your feelings... ;)

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
BLT said:
I know BLT, I mean its ok for me if its gonna be a while and i had no planned events since its just a license to vote and a visa waiver for most, like what you said. Unfortunately i do have plans! I booked my plane ticket around March for November wedding of my sister thinking that it would not be affected by this application because last years average application was 2 years. So I thought the culmination of events after an application would be early 2015 if lucky. And then they suddenly processed it faster... Totally affects my schedule and my anxiety and not helping me in anyway. Last week of October is a high stakes week for me as i am about to write my second step medical licensing exam (QE1 which I should be studying now and not procrastinating about some other things :p) which most of my colleagues say is the hardest. That is October,30,31. I fly out November 2. So Im thinking what if my oath falls around this time, I would not have enough time to apply for a passport and 30-31 October for sure I cant do anything else coz exams are whole day and my future depends on it :eek:. Worse what if it falls when I`m away. I`m sure they will give you a hard time if you would want to reschedule ( from my friends experience). But I`m away because its my sisters wedding... How can they expect us to put a pause on our lives just because we are waiting. Just speaking my anxious thoughts... Sorry for ranting! How about lets just get a BLT! ;D

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
vanvanvan said:
I know BLT, I mean its ok for me if its gonna be a while and i had no planned events since its just a license to vote and a visa waiver for most, like what you said. Unfortunately i do have plans! I booked my plane ticket around March for November wedding of my sister thinking that it would not be affected by this application because last years average application was 2 years. So I thought the culmination of events after an application would be early 2015 if lucky. And then they suddenly processed it faster... Totally affects my schedule and my anxiety and not helping me in anyway. Last week of October is a high stakes week for me as i am about to write my second step medical licensing exam (QE1 which I should be studying now and not procrastinating about some other things :p) which most of my colleagues say is the hardest. That is October,30,31. I fly out November 2. So Im thinking what if my oath falls around this time, I would not have enough time to apply for a passport and 30-31 October for sure I cant do anything else coz exams are whole day and my future depends on it :eek:. Worse what if it falls when I`m away. I`m sure they will give you a hard time if you would want to reschedule ( from my friends experience). But I`m away because its my sisters wedding... How can they expect us to put a pause on our lives just because we are waiting. Just speaking my anxious thoughts... Sorry for ranting! How about lets just get a BLT! ;D
Use your current passport to travel first. But if the oath is given exactly at your departure date, better take it. Forget about the non-refundable ticket, just buy a new one, with a new details : Canadian passport.

jjr20

Jun 21, 2014
Okanagan Valley
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So in general, do you get the letter in the mail before status is updated online or the other way around? I keep on checking both every day ;)