+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

joe_fun

Oct 6, 2009
Hi,

Any reason why the notice to appear letter is white while the "important test notice" letter is blueish??
Also, i am asked to bring with me to test "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g.birth certificate, etc.)........i don't recall being asked during the application to submit a birth certificate, anyone did?
Shall i treat these requested documents as RQ and bring all documents that can help in residency?

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe_fun said:
Hi,

Any reason why the notice to appear letter is white while the "important test notice" letter is blueish??
Also, i am asked to bring with me to test "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g.birth certificate, etc.)........i don't recall being asked during the application to submit a birth certificate, anyone did?
Shall i treat these requested documents as RQ and bring all documents that can help in residency?
I have the same question. But maybe, there are applicants that need to show birth certificate to qualify for citizenship; cases like kids of Canadians, and birth certificate is really an important requirement. But still I am bringing my birth certificate to the test :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aside from PR card, COPR, passport (3 most important)

No harm in bringing documents (driver's license, care card, tax assessments, t4, roe, letter of employment, birth certificate, etc)
when the officer asks for them then we have it :D

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
pie_vancouver said:
Aside from PR card, COPR, passport (3 most important)

No harm in bringing documents (driver's license, care card, tax assessments, t4, roe, letter of employment, birth certificate, etc)
when the officer asks for them then we have it :D
What do you mean by "letter of employment"? Is it the offer of employment or a contract? What about T4 slips from the employer -- would they be enough to photocopy and submit with the application?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^like proof of employment, anything you can present IF they ask only:
T4 or letter of employment or contract or payslip

(I'm talking about the interview only, I'm bringing everything I have to support
as some people were asked what is their work now)

In the application itself, proof of employment is not required, it's not in the document checklist

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
today, my application has formally arrived in Sydney, my journey begins when a lots of yours r coming to an end.
Cant wait to join you guys this time next year and cast my ballot. unless the government pushes for a early election

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
pie_vancouver said:
^like proof of employment, anything you can present IF they ask only:
T4 or letter of employment or contract or payslip

(I'm talking about the interview only, I'm bringing everything I have to support
as some people were asked what is their work now)

In the application itself, proof of employment is not required, it's not in the document checklist
It's actually stated in the application form. Please read question 6/F and notice the second-to-last sentence:

If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^sorry but I didn't provide any photocopies nor they asked me to submit them
you may if you want to

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
^sorry but I didn't provide any photocopies nor they asked me to submit them
you may if you want to
yes they have a new form now.

they require these now..

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^i see, hey 4 days to go, please share your experience afterwards ;D

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you guys know if calling the call centre often has an impact on the process, I had a nice lady tell me that my file is ready in van office waiting for an appointment date, 2 weeks later, i called with a young guy on the line "sounded like a newbie" he gave me the standard answers... you have one more year to wait, blah blah blah... :eek:

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
^i see, hey 4 days to go, please share your experience afterwards ;D
yes i will.

i pray i will pass the test and interview.

goodluck on yours too!

God guide us all :)

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
Do you guys know if calling the call centre often has an impact on the process, I had a nice lady tell me that my file is ready in van office waiting for an appointment date, 2 weeks later, i called with a young guy on the line "sounded like a newbie" he gave me the standard answers... you have one more year to wait, blah blah blah... :eek:
i don't think it has impact, but that's just my opinion.

i trust your first call (the lady) over the newbie..

the lady's answer sounds more accurate.. check your ecas daily :).. you will get notice for test soon..

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newbie here but here's my info:

Vancouver, BC
Application sent: June 17, 2014
Application Received: June 20, 2014