NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^what time did you get out? (after interview) ;D
thanks for sharing

I expect these questions: what is the capital of Canada, what is the capital of BC, who is the prime minister of Canada, who is the premier of BC ;D

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
^what time did you get out? (after interview) ;D
thanks for sharing

I expect these questions: what is the capital of Canada, what is the capital of BC, who is the prime minister of Canada, who is the premier of BC ;D
I finished 11:30am. The document verification and interview takes long. :)

Goodluck :)

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
Hello All:

My test today was scheduled at 10:01am.

I was an hour early. Lol. But you can't get up to the 2nd floor 10mins before the exam.

The exam was easy. The online test samples from Richmond Library is 500x harder. Lol.

I didn't know what my score was but I passed.

Everything went well with the interview until she asked me if I am married, have families here, and/or children. My answer was a no.

She verified all my documents, employment letters, CBSA report, passport stamps and all other originals (passport, PR card, COPR, etc).

I am just not sure if this is a procedure, at the end of the interview, the officer said, your file will be reviewed by the Citizenship Judge and if everything is ok, you will get a notice for oath taking in the next 2-3months.

Is my case non-routine? Why a citizenship judge needs to review it? I am scared though.
Hi charmed10-2013,

I did my test at the Vancouver office this morning too at 10.03am. In fact you might well be the person I was talking to in the lobby after going up to the 2nd floor at 9am and being asked to come back at 9.50am, she had a printout from Richmond library.

Anyway, congratulations on passing, I did too and they told me the same thing about being reviewed by a Citizenship Judge, so I think that that just seems to be procedure and that everything is fine.

Regards and congratulations again,

Rich.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RichW said:
Hi charmed10-2013,

I did my test at the Vancouver office this morning too at 10.03am. In fact you might well be the person I was talking to in the lobby after going up to the 2nd floor at 9am and being asked to come back at 9.50am, she had a printout from Richmond library.

Anyway, congratulations on passing, I did too and they told me the same thing about being reviewed by a Citizenship Judge, so I think that that just seems to be procedure and that everything is fine.

Rich.
Hi Rich, can you share more about the interview? thanks

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
u4g5 said:
Hi Rich, can you share more about the interview? thanks
Hi,

Sure, for me it was pretty quick and informal, they just wanted to see my passports, current and previous, my PR card and possibly IMM1000 (I had it with me and handed it to them, but not sure if they needed it). Other than that it was just a general chat about if I had any other family in Canada and whether I was still working at the same place listed on my application and that was about it. Took 5 minutes maximum and apart from the fact I arrived an hour early, the official part, test, waiting and interview took about 90 minutes total.

Hope that helps,

Rich.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RichW said:
Hi charmed10-2013,

Rich.
Lol. That was me :) so you were the one from England :) nice meeting you!

Congrats! Did the officer tell you of your score? Lol

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
Lol. That was me :) so you were the one from England :) nice meeting you!

Congrats! Did the officer tell you of your score? Lol
Yeah that was me, nice meeting you too and congratulations :) See you in a few months at the Oath Ceremony :)

They didn't tell me my score, but he did give me a good job or nice work or some similar comment, so I assume it went okay :)

Time to relax a little now :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations richw! Could you please share your timeline? When did you apply for the citizenship.
Thank you and all the best!

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
canucksrig said:
Congratulations richw! Could you please share your timeline? When did you apply for the citizenship.
Thank you and all the best!
Sure canucksrig and thank you :)

Application posted about October 19, 2013
Application received October 24, 2013
Processing started January 23, 2014
Test date June 24, 2014

Talking to folks at the test today, there seemed to be a number of people who had very similar timelines.

Hope this helps,

Rich

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RichW said:
Hi,

Sure, for me it was pretty quick and informal, they just wanted to see my passports, current and previous, my PR card and possibly IMM1000 (I had it with me and handed it to them, but not sure if they needed it). Other than that it was just a general chat about if I had any other family in Canada and whether I was still working at the same place listed on my application and that was about it. Took 5 minutes maximum and apart from the fact I arrived an hour early, the official part, test, waiting and interview took about 90 minutes total.

Hope that helps,

Rich.
I think, 5-15mins for exam proper, 3-10mins for interview/documents verification, and 60-70mins waiting :) Though waiting is long, it is organized and systematic, and you can have chats with your fellow examiners :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks RichW :)

Its really good to see Oct timeline moving ahead. I also hope the others who applied in July and August (family applications) start to move!

Let's go Vancouver :D

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
One thing that charmed10-2013 alluded to earlier that I can back up is read the test paper carefully. I immediately turned over the first page and was about to start answering the questions when I realized I was about to answer question 7 thinking it was question 1 as the 1 - 6 were on the back of the first page :eek:

RichW

Jun 24, 2014
canucksrig said:
Thanks RichW :)

Its really good to see Oct timeline moving ahead. I also hope the others who applied in July and August (family applications) start to move!

Let's go Vancouver :D
Yeah I was really surprised how quickly my application progressed, certainly way less than the times quoted on the website, so now is a good time to do a little light studying if you haven't already :) Not sure how much difference, if any, this makes but mine was a very straight forward application, just myself, been a PR for 10+ years, no children and my wife is a Canadian citizen by birth.

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today was my turn :D

Pretty much the same experience charmed10-2013 had yesterday, test is SUPER easy I believe I completed it in 3-4 minutes including a little review.

Interview was quick, the officer checked all stamps (I exited Canada twice since day 1 + one US day trip) so it was all smooth and the CBSA report turned out to be very useful (officer took a copy of it but nothing else from all other docs I submitted with the original application).

A judge will review the application thoroughly and if everything is fine I'll be called for citizenship ceremony within 2-3 months.

I've spent roughly 58 mins from start to finish this morning @ 877 Expo Blvd :)

Good luck everyone!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pureminded said:
Today was my turn :D

Pretty much the same experience charmed10-2013 had yesterday, test is SUPER easy I believe I completed it in 3-4 minutes including a little review.

Interview was quick, the officer checked all stamps (I exited Canada twice since day 1 + one US day trip) so it was all smooth and the CBSA report turned out to be very useful (officer took a copy of it but nothing else from all other docs I submitted with the original application).

A judge will review the application thoroughly and if everything is fine I'll be called for citizenship ceremony within 2-3 months.

I've spent roughly 58 mins from start to finish this morning @ 877 Expo Blvd :)

Good luck everyone!
Congrats :)

I am happy that we all get this statement at the end :)

judge will review the application thoroughly and if everything is fine I'll be called for citizenship ceremony within 2-3 months.

I thought my file went Non-Routine when I heard that. I got really scared. lol

Hopefully oath soon :)