+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validated offer timeline in Quebec

gautham2909

Dec 23, 2021
Greetings,:D:D:D:D
I am sharing my status update to assist others who are pursuing their CSQ.
I hope everyone achieves their goals in this process. Please don't lose hope. God is always on our side.

Applicant: Inland with family
My employer applied for VJO outside Montreal: May 30, 2023
VJO approved: July 18, 2023
Created Arima profile: July 20, 2023
CSQ invite: August 9, 2023 (There was no Arrima Draw between 20 July and Aug 9, otherwise I could get invite earlier)
My score was: above 700
My old grid method score was around 67

I will keep you informed about the next steps of my journey. Thank you!:D:D:):):):)
Hi Abi,

Did you had vjo from inside Montreal region ?

I don’t recall any draw in 2024 for vjo inside montreal . Can you please more info

gursimrann23

Nov 6, 2023
Hi, I was wondering if you know that saint jerome comes under inside greater montreal or outside?
If there is any one who got CSQ without french with VJO of saint jerome?

Vish_0289

Jun 20, 2023
Was it refused or just intension of refusal?

In case of intension to refuse, please tell us what exactly visa officer has written. In case of refusal, they clearly write clause/immigration rule. They simpl;y cannot refuse/reject unless you dont have minimum qualifications.

If it is an intension of refusal, then you will be given 60 days to respond. You should check minimum requirement for this job NOC as per IRCC and reply to this letter with your explanations and IRCC requirements attached
Hi bro , now it is final decision that My VJO is rejected a. Hard copy of letter not received but on calll HR has confirmed from MIFI. I discussed with HR and it has been said that they are failed in convincing the MIFI ,as they have authority . I can only apply for VJO again when my situation changes .Meaning I need to have now job as Manager and not an Engineer . No option left then to leave Quebec and apply PNP for other province for PR. Can we apply for other province PNP if currently we are in Quebec ? Now I after my one year of PGWP , I will get Close work permit of 3 years . Do you have any idea for applying PNP or express entry from Quebec. I have my WES, IELTS and all with me so any help will be appreciated. Thanks

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi bro , now it is final decision that My VJO is rejected a. Hard copy of letter not received but on calll HR has confirmed from MIFI. I discussed with HR and it has been said that they are failed in convincing the MIFI ,as they have authority . I can only apply for VJO again when my situation changes .Meaning I need to have now job as Manager and not an Engineer . No option left then to leave Quebec and apply PNP for other province for PR. Can we apply for other province PNP if currently we are in Quebec ? Now I after my one year of PGWP , I will get Close work permit of 3 years . Do you have any idea for applying PNP or express entry from Quebec. I have my WES, IELTS and all with me so any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Its a sad to know. Yes you can apply or any PNP while you are in Quebec. However, best would be to move to the targeted province, start living, finding a job and then getting PNP would be much easier I believe. You shoud do a good research about all the PNP programs and choose the best that may work for you.

Vish_0289

Jun 20, 2023
Its a sad to know. Yes you can apply or any PNP while you are in Quebec. However, best would be to move to the targeted province, start living, finding a job and then getting PNP would be much easier I believe. You shoud do a good research about all the PNP programs and choose the best that may work for you.
Thank you bro . I am also thinking same and will take the decision at earliest . Having really hard time !

nathanjames

Dec 11, 2023
Hi, what is the minimum time I have to spend in Quebec to start the VJO process? I am here in a job with the employer on a LMIA and it has been 2 months in this job here in Montreal, Quebec. So, some people on some forums say that minimum time is 2 months, some say 3 months, other colleagues in office say that after 12 months in job you can start the VJO process. So, I am trying to search everywhere on CIC portal, Quebec portal, google, youtube, fb, insta and not sure what not. However, not getting any relevant or validated answers that after how many months in the current job - that I could start the VJO process?
Can someone please guide me and help me on this part, as I read through all the previous 18 pages on this discussion thread and that also does not seem to answer the query precisely.
Thanks.

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hi, what is the minimum time I have to spend in Quebec to start the VJO process? I am here in a job with the employer on a LMIA and it has been 2 months in this job here in Montreal, Quebec. So, some people on some forums say that minimum time is 2 months, some say 3 months, other colleagues in office say that after 12 months in job you can start the VJO process. So, I am trying to search everywhere on CIC portal, Quebec portal, google, youtube, fb, insta and not sure what not. However, not getting any relevant or validated answers that after how many months in the current job - that I could start the VJO process?
Can someone please guide me and help me on this part, as I read through all the previous 18 pages on this discussion thread and that also does not seem to answer the query precisely.
Thanks.
Hii,
There is no such requirement for the time on job , but majority of time employer wait until your probation(mostly three months) time on job. Like my employer applied in 3 months and some days after joining the company and I got VJO within two weeks. So talk with your employer and it is the best to complete three months at job and then apply . You should be good then.

Reactions: nathanjames

nathanjames

Dec 11, 2023
Hii,
There is no such requirement for the time on job , but majority of time employer wait until your probation(mostly three months) time on job. Like my employer applied in 3 months and some days after joining the company and I got VJO within two weeks. So talk with your employer and it is the best to complete three months at job and then apply . You should be good then.
Thanks Singh.

This raises a few further queries, as in,

1. I am on a Closed WP LMIA in Montreal, QC - and one things says, that if you are OUTSIDE of Quebec, then they are eligible for Open WP!
- Strange, I mean, CSQ is for Quebec (based on all my understanding so far) - and it gets trickier from here.

2. CSQ: once this is handy, can I switch job within Quebec or elsewhere in Canada, outside of this employer of Closed WP?

3. Would you be able to share the time-line or the next steps I might need to follow once this is VJO process completed.

On some places I see this:
*** "Obtaining a CSQ means that a person has officially been selected by the province of Quebec for immigration. However, this does not guarantee that a person will become a Canadian permanent resident." ***

*** " Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holders who live outside Quebec are eligible for an open work permit. This work permit will allow you to work for almost any employer in the province of Quebec. " ***