+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validated offer timeline in Quebec

Nov 14, 2021
Good morning evening everyone.
I’m a full time employee. Last week I ask many people from HR to help me apply for VJO. They don’t seem to understand my request and replied saying they don’t fill out immigration forms. Which made me very surprised because my company is a very big bank and I thought they are familiar with this.
Could someone please give me some advice on this? I honestly don’t know what to do. I really love this job and I don’t want to apply to others. And even a big company like this don’t help its employee, it’s not guaranteed that If I go somewhere else, they would help.

thank you everyone

gautham2909

Dec 23, 2021
I am in the same situation, however, my wife with open work permit got a permanent job. Her employer helped in VJO process and then we received the invitation.
in that case, your wife becomes primary applicant. is it allowed ? i read that dependant visa holder can never be primary applicant ?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Good morning evening everyone.
I’m a full time employee. Last week I ask many people from HR to help me apply for VJO. They don’t seem to understand my request and replied saying they don’t fill out immigration forms. Which made me very surprised because my company is a very big bank and I thought they are familiar with this.
Could someone please give me some advice on this? I honestly don’t know what to do. I really love this job and I don’t want to apply to others. And even a big company like this don’t help its employee, it’s not guaranteed that If I go somewhere else, they would help.

thank you everyone
Most multinational companies in Quebec dont deal with immigration matters and they really dont care if they loose an employee.

If you are proficient in French then continue working with them. Complete your two years working experience and then apply your CSQ through Quebec Experienced Program (PEQ).

If no, then try find a job with a local small Quebec company, they dont hesitate to share their financial statement with MIFI.

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Thanks, hope my VJO can be approved soon.

I asked my HR to check the processing status of my vjo application with MIFI 15 days ago, they told us it was still under processing by phone.... Actually it have took around 3.5 months by far. (I submitted it on January)

That makes this painful is there is no expected time to complete the processing and get the approve, so you can't make plans for the next step ...:(

jats07

Jan 23, 2023
I asked my HR to check the processing status of my vjo application with MIFI 15 days ago, they told us it was still under processing by phone.... Actually it have took around 3.5 months by far. (I submitted it on January)

That makes this painful is there is no expected time to complete the processing and get the approve, so you can't make plans for the next step ...:(
I'm also in same situation. Applied jan. 20th.

mateu__15

Jan 4, 2023
November 2022 my company applied, nothing yet for us! A bit weird since some people are receiving in less then 4 months.