+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid job offer: "for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"

giangvy1011

May 5, 2020
Hi, My name is Ryan. I have read this required information about a valid job offer that must have a condition like this: "for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa".
So I wonder how this job offer would be like if it is not indeterminate one?

For example: If my offer were 2 years from now and I applied for PR under EE Canadian Experience Class, I would not know when my application is approved by the government. It could take 13 months for instant, so now my job offer would be only 11 months left. Then it would NOT be satisfied the condition set above? Or is there a way for the employer to say in the offer that: he/she will extend my job offer for another month or more so that I could have the job offer that last at least one year after the date that i got PR?

Could anyone please explain to me how my job offer should be like especially about the date?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, My name is Ryan. I have read this required information about a valid job offer that must have a condition like this: "for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa".

For example: If my offer were 2 years from now and I applied for PR under EE Canadian Experience Class, I would not know when my application is approved by the government. It could take 13 months for instant, so now my job offer would be only 11 months left. Then it would NOT be satisfied the condition set above? Or is there a way for the employer to say in the offer that: he/she will extend my job offer for another month or more so that I could have the job offer that last at least one year after the date that i got PR?

Could anyone please explain to me how my job offer should be like especially about the date?
Your employer needs to provide a letter that specifically states that your job offer is valid for at least one year after you get PR.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

If it doesn't have something like this: "for at least one year after you become a PR", it is useless.

For instance, even having a permanent position wouldn't make it. Your letter has to EXPLICITLY state this.

giangvy1011

May 5, 2020
If it doesn't have something like this: "for at least one year after you become a PR", it is useless.

For instance, even having a permanent position wouldn't make it. Your letter has to EXPLICITLY state this.
Thank you very much for making so clear now.

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Hi friends, I am facing the same situation. Per the employer's policy, my employer does not provide any PR letters (per the company policy). My employment agreement mentioned "my contract period is an "indefinite period".

Can I provide this as a LoE to confirm that after receiving the PR I can work for at least one year?

Thank you

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi friends, I am facing the same situation. Per the employer's policy, my employer does not provide any PR letters (per the company policy). My employment agreement mentioned "my contract period is an "indefinite period".

Can I provide this as a LoE to confirm that after receiving the PR I can work for at least one year?

Thank you
My employment letter only stated "permanent full time position". It did not mention any dates except joining date.

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
My employment letter only stated "permanent full time position". It did not mention any dates except joining date.
My Employer not giving any PR support letters to confirm the employment continuity (As per the company policy). But my Employment Contract mentioned that my contract period is an "indefinite period".

My service letter only said full-time (40 hours). It not mentioning the "Full-Time and Permanent"

Can this "indefinite period" be considered as "Permanent" by IRCC? Anyone faced the same situation.

Thank you