+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC India - Any Biometrics Appointment/Exemption Process for Compassionate reasons

Confusedsouls

Jul 2, 2018
Is there a process to request Biometrics appointment at any India VAC or an exemption to it for Visitor Visa for grandparents.

We have a new born with some birth conditions that require an extra caregiver for help with recuperating. My baby is a Canadian citizen and we are PRs.

We tried reaching IRCC but they said they can’t help as the application is with the New Delhi office. We sent a web form explaining our situation but we got a response that we are not eligible for biometric exemption ..but this seems like an automated response.

What options do we have? I would like someone to hear our case and then decide rather than some automated response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there a process to request Biometrics appointment at any India VAC or an exemption to it for Visitor Visa for grandparents.

We have a new born with some birth conditions that require an extra caregiver for help with recuperating. My baby is a Canadian citizen and we are PRs.

We tried reaching IRCC but they said they can’t help as the application is with the New Delhi office. We sent a web form explaining our situation but we got a response that we are not eligible for biometric exemption ..but this seems like an automated response.

What options do we have? I would like someone to hear our case and then decide rather than some automated response.
I don't think we've seen any cases where IRCC has approved a biometrics exemption. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Your best bet is to have them travel to Dubai or Nepal to complete biometrics there. A number of people on this forum have done that successfully in order to move an application forward.

I would recommend against saying that you need your grandparents in Canada as caregivers. IRCC can perceive this as a form of working without authorization and it can sometimes result in a TRV being refused.

Good luck.

Confusedsouls

Jul 2, 2018
I don't think we've seen any cases where IRCC has approved a biometrics exemption. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Your best bet is to have them travel to Dubai or Nepal to complete biometrics there. A number of people on this forum have done that successfully in order to move an application forward.

I would recommend against saying that you need your grandparents in Canada as caregivers. IRCC can perceive this as a form of working without authorization and it can sometimes result in a TRV being refused.

Good luck.
Thank you for the response.

I understand IRCCs point of view... but it is really in our culture that grandparents are secondary caregivers and they dont take any form of payments...except for love and affection from innocent little ones.

Would you know if there has been any instance where Biometrics appointment can be scheduled within VACs in India for non-emergency/critical but medical reasons like mine...?

I will explore getting Biometrics appointments from Nepal, atleast Indians have visa-free travel to Nepal. Thankfully India-Nepal relationship hasn’t strained to that level yet.......well politics should be outside of this forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response.

I understand IRCCs point of view... but it is really in our culture that grandparents are secondary caregivers and they dont take any form of payments...except for love and affection from innocent little ones.

Would you know if there has been any instance where Biometrics appointment can be scheduled within VACs in India for non-emergency/critical but medical reasons like mine...?

I will explore getting Biometrics appointments from Nepal, atleast Indians have visa-free travel to Nepal. Thankfully India-Nepal relationship hasn’t strained to that level yet.......well politics should be outside of this forum.
I am not aware of any instances where individuals have been able to schedule biometrics appointments in your circumstances. The only workarounds I have seen here are people flying to Dubai or Nepal.

I understand the cultural perspective and this is true of many cultures, including Canada. My advice on not indicating that the grandparents would be caregivers was purely based on helping you to increase your chances of approval. Whether paid or unpaid, IRCC can regard this as work when someone is coming to Canada as a visitor.

Good luck. Hope you find a path for getting this done.