+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA trip without departure recorded.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Hi all, anybody has experience like this : We traveled to USA by car, and my passport has arrival and departure stamps from US border. But my wife's passport only has arrival stamp without departure stamp. Canada border didn't stamp any of our passport both departure and arrival, so I guess CBSA won't have any record. What should I do regarding my wife's condition?

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Hi all, anybody has experience like this : We traveled to USA by car, and my passport has arrival and departure stamps from US border. But my wife's passport only has arrival stamp without departure stamp. Canada border didn't stamp any of our passport both departure and arrival, so I guess CBSA won't have any record. What should I do regarding my wife's condition?

Similar case to me. I went to the US by train. The CBSA has no record of this trip on file at all...damn!

The US custom stamped my ppt when i enter the states, and the Canada custom stamped it also when i back home to Canada. Hopefully this can prove the time line of my trip to CIC...

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
If Canada stamped it when you were back, then problem is solved. My wife doesn't have both Canada and US stamps. Only US arrival. So the question : when was she coming back??? I find it funny that the US border stamped my passport for departure, but not my wife's passport. We are under special registered nation that every male up to 60 years old must report when check out, or won't be able to go in anymore.

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
Beware that this will come up during your interview after the citizenship test. Similar thing happened to me where a country forgot to stamp my passport when I entered through airport.

The CIC officer asked about why it wasn't stamped etc. I had to show my flight tickets to prove my entry on that date. For US entries, they might not make a big deal out of it, but if there's any proof you can show (receipts, hotel stay etc.) that would be better.