Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KateChurchill said:
I'm a US citizen, married to a Canadian citizen, submitting an Outland app for permanent residency. Can anyone tell me how/where they submitted their two photographs (the ones specified in Appendix B)? I see on inland apps to staple them in a small envelope to form IMM 5669. Since the same IMM 5669 is part of the Outland app, should I do the same & attach the photos to it?
Thanks!
it doesn't matter how they are presented in the package. just make sure they are in there. the guide specifically says not to use staples. CIC will reorganize everything once it's opened.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
Thank you!

Please tell me, is it correct to place the barcode pages (4 & 5) of form IMM 0008, a 6 page form, at the front of the form?
Is this also the same for the sponsor's IMM 1344, to place the barcode page at the front of the form?

Lastly, we intend to mail the Sponsor App & Outland PR app tomorrow, in the same envelope. Is it best to place the Sponsor App (checklist then forms/documents as they're listed in the checklist) on top of my Outland PR App (which will include the checklist & forms/Docs in order they're listed on checklist)?

Thanks again!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KateChurchill said:
Thank you!

Please tell me, is it correct to place the barcode pages (4 & 5) of form IMM 0008, a 6 page form, at the front of the form?
Is this also the same for the sponsor's IMM 1344, to place the barcode page at the front of the form?

Lastly, we intend to mail the Sponsor App & Outland PR app tomorrow, in the same envelope. Is it best to place the Sponsor App (checklist then forms/documents as they're listed in the checklist) on top of my Outland PR App (which will include the checklist & forms/Docs in order they're listed on checklist)?

Thanks again!
1. i'm not familiar with the bar codes as i hand wrote my forms. i would imagine based on what others have said, to put it at the front of the form.
2. i submitted everything as it was written on the checklist.
it really doesn't matter how you submit everything. CIC will be reorganizing it once it's opened anyway. what's important is that everything is in the package, not how it's organized.

BC29

Apr 4, 2015
I posted this in the Settlement forum but it doesn't seem nearly so busy over there, plus I'm hoping more people in this thread have gone through the car import process. The part I'm still unsure about is the exporting from the US, specifically the documentation needed to go along with the ITN for the export from the US part of the process. For my wife's car, we have a Certificate of Title for Washington. However, the US CBP also mentions needing copies of the original title and Bill of Sale. My wife's car is 12 years old she's at least the 3rd owner of it, so I'm not really sure what documentation for the car still exists beyond the WA Certificate of Title. My wife's mother is digging through her archives to see what else can be found. According to the Blue Book her car is only worth about $1700 now. Barely seems worth importing but it has new tires, is paid off and runs great so we're going to try do it anyway. So if someone can clarify exactly what we need in this situation, that would be much appreciated!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
BC29 said:
I posted this in the Settlement forum but it doesn't seem nearly so busy over there, plus I'm hoping more people in this thread have gone through the car import process. The part I'm still unsure about is the exporting from the US, specifically the documentation needed to go along with the ITN for the export from the US part of the process. For my wife's car, we have a Certificate of Title for Washington. However, the US CBP also mentions needing copies of the original title and Bill of Sale. My wife's car is 12 years old she's at least the 3rd owner of it, so I'm not really sure what documentation for the car still exists beyond the WA Certificate of Title. My wife's mother is digging through her archives to see what else can be found. According to the Blue Book her car is only worth about $1700 now. Barely seems worth importing but it has new tires, is paid off and runs great so we're going to try do it anyway. So if someone can clarify exactly what we need in this situation, that would be much appreciated!
If its not worth that much do you know if it will pass the checks/safety standards in Canada?...We have a 2008 Charger and 2015 Toyota 4 Runner and it cost us $1000 to pass the checks in Canada and we thought we covered everything for the checks in the USA before we left.....that may change your mind in exporting and importing...Plus if you are coming through Pacific Crossing they have every limited times they are open...We didn't have the title for the 4 Runner but we had a notarized letter from the bank...they didn't say anything...it was all matter of stamping the paper work....

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
Does anyone know if cars can be imported through the Peace Arch border? Do you have a link to the site where I can access more information (e.g. hours to import vehicles)

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
triple p said:
Does anyone know if cars can be imported through the Peace Arch border? Do you have a link to the site where I can access more information (e.g. hours to import vehicles)
We had to go to Pacific because of the US office ( that is only open Monday Through Friday until 3:30 pm)..https://www.riv.ca

JesseNewmarch

Mar 29, 2016
Hello All, just looking for any updated info about Police Certificates. At this time it seems clear that they are accepting certificates from "FBI-Approved Channelers", as well as the ridiculously long wait time to apply direct through the FBI.

Option 2:

For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only: you may apply to an FBI-approved channeler (a third party that helps deliver your information to the FBI). They will collect your application form, fingerprints, any fee(s), and give them to the FBI.

Once the FBI completes their background check, they will send the results to the channeler. The channeler will then give you your record check letter.

Please include the FBI letter with your application, and send us the complete package.

It is possible that the FBI will take longer than 60 days to process a request for a police certificate. If you require an FBI police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.
All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

My question - most of the approved channelers send back the results via email in PDF form. Has anyone had success submitting a printout of this PDF?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
JesseNewmarch said:
Hello All, just looking for any updated info about Police Certificates. At this time it seems clear that they are accepting certificates from "FBI-Approved Channelers", as well as the ridiculously long wait time to apply direct through the FBI.

Option 2:

For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only: you may apply to an FBI-approved channeler (a third party that helps deliver your information to the FBI). They will collect your application form, fingerprints, any fee(s), and give them to the FBI.

Once the FBI completes their background check, they will send the results to the channeler. The channeler will then give you your record check letter.

Please include the FBI letter with your application, and send us the complete package.

It is possible that the FBI will take longer than 60 days to process a request for a police certificate. If you require an FBI police certificate, you must apply immediately upon receipt of your Invitation to Apply.
All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

My question - most of the approved channelers send back the results via email in PDF form. Has anyone had success submitting a printout of this PDF?
Someone from the April Outland Applicant thread used Fieldprint and had no issues, to my knowledge. I believe they have already landed in Canada, though I dropped off the forums for a while (I lurked for a good chunk of May and part of June) because I was visiting Canada and getting married and didn't follow the story through. I have not sent my application in yet, as we're waiting on the marriage certificate, but I also used Fieldprint and I received an e-mail letting me know my results were ready for viewing before my husband and I had even left the parking lot of the place I had my prints taken. The posts I read in that thread were the reason I ended up going through a channeler rather than going through the hassle of getting fingerprint cards done. In the end, I think the cost ended up being about the same, as all the local police departments I checked with here had charges of between $10-15 per card, plus then the fee from the FBI itself.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
My application was returned today. They noted that because my IMM0088 requested mail and other correspondence go to an address (in Ontario) other than my residence (in the USA), I would have to assign a representative using the 5476 form. I completed that form and assigned my spouse, who is a Sponsor Applicant (SA), as my representative.
MY QUESTION IS: On the SA & PR checklist, they ask if a representative was used by the SA as well as the PR (me). While we did not use a representative, does he have to complete a 5476 as well? Surely not with him being my representative...?
Thanks for any input!

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
KateChurchill said:
MY QUESTION IS: On the SA & PR checklist, they ask if a representative was used by the SA as well as the PR (me). While we did not use a representative, does he have to complete a 5476 as well? Surely not with him being my representative...?
Thanks for any input!
Yes, both of you should fill out one with the other as the representative.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
kathydk said:
Posted this in May 2016 thread too....BIG NEWS! My husband received his CoPR in mail today! It was dated July 13/16.

App received May 6/16
AOR May 26/16
SA email June 30/16
PA app changed to "In process" July 6/16
PA app changed to "Decision made" July 15/16

VO: Ottawa
Cdn sponsoring husband who is US citizen and lives in Michigan.
Wow! That was fast!

We're about to send our outland PR package in. US citizen husband, Canadian citizen wife. Do you have any tips or suggestions you might want to share?

We're not too worried. I came up to Canada to meet my (now) wife earlier this year on just my Idaho driver's license (no passport or EDL!) We've been back and forth several times now. Married in July. They even processed all the paperwork for my belongings and car already.

But it would be an awesome Thanksgiving or Hanukkah/Christmas if I was landed! :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Omegabyte said:
They even processed all the paperwork for my belongings and car already.
what do you mean they processed your paperwork for your belongings and car? i've never heard of them allowing someone on visitor status to declare items on a b186 form or import a car. generally, you have to be a legal resident of canada to do that, meaning you have to be on some sort of visa (work/study), be landing as a pr or be a returning canadian. was this done because of your canadian citizen spouse was returning to canada after some time away?

AmericanLady

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received a request to send new passport photos.

I have taken the photos, but Fedex doesn't seem to provide any prepaid envelopes to include in the package for Ottawa to send me back the COPR.

Would it be possible for anyone that has done this to explain how they went about sending the passport photos to Ottawa (along with the return envelope)? I read a couple of threads where it states that I might have to enter a date for the return shipping label, and not sure how to go about that as well.

Furthermore, would I need to fill out any Customs Forms for passport photographs? If so, how would that work? For example, would I just include a Canada customs form for the package going into Canada, and a US customs form in the package that CIC would attach for the return package to my US address?

Any assistance in this matter is very much appreciated =)

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
what do you mean they processed your paperwork for your belongings and car? i've never heard of them allowing someone on visitor status to declare items on a b186 form or import a car. generally, you have to be a legal resident of canada to do that, meaning you have to be on some sort of visa (work/study), be landing as a pr or be a returning canadian. was this done because of your canadian citizen spouse was returning to canada after some time away?
We were just as surprised as you are. My Canadian wife has a home in Alberta, so we decided to move my belongings up out of storage. When we arrived and explained to the Border Agent I was still maintaining a home in the States, we were applying for my PR, and that we'd be back and forth all summer, he whipped out the forms for me to declare my personal items and car. He indicated on the forms I was a "settler".

The agents at the border crossing we use know us quite well. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. We've always been very upfront about our travels and relationship. They know we're married. We get to sit in secondary every now and then while they update their info on us - never more than a couple minutes, though.