AOR Received.
08-04-2016 SA:19-04-2016 AOR2:June 29th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-01-2016 re-medical 28-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
I personally think it's fine to leave it the way it is. It's just a mistake. I on my end forgot to put the accents on forms I was filling out for the CSQ in french. Sometimes stress gets the best of us... and I only realized it once it was already sent out. They didn't return the forms because of this mistake and we got accepted by Quebec Immigration.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
AmandaCanDR1 said:
I personally think it's fine to leave it the way it is. It's just a mistake. I on my end forgot to put the accents on forms I was filling out for the CSQ in french. Sometimes stress gets the best of us... and I only realized it once it was already sent out. They didn't return the forms because of this mistake and we got accepted by Quebec Immigration.
Thank you!! :) :) Makes me feel better just hearing it should be ok! haha

tristan_sfto

Aug 14, 2015
Hello everyone!

My wife and I were trying to figure out the proper placement of the barcode pages. We have a 3 envelope system:
1 envelope for her forms/supporting documents
1 envelope for my forms/supporting documents
1 envelope for proof of relationship

All 3 envelopes will be going inside 1 box serving as our "package"

our main question is: Should we clip/paperclip the barcode page outside of her and my respective envelopes or put them inside? does it matter?

appreciate any and all help!!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
tristan_sfto said:
Hello everyone!

My wife and I were trying to figure out the proper placement of the barcode pages. We have a 3 envelope system:
1 envelope for her forms/supporting documents
1 envelope for my forms/supporting documents
1 envelope for proof of relationship

All 3 envelopes will be going inside 1 box serving as our "package"

our main question is: Should we clip/paperclip the barcode page outside of her and my respective envelopes or put them inside? does it matter?

appreciate any and all help!!
We have a similar organization method. What we've done is place the barcodes on the top of the applications, inside the envelope. They're going to take it all apart and put it in the order they want to anyway.

tristan_sfto

Aug 14, 2015
Omegabyte said:
We have a similar organization method. What we've done is place the barcodes on the top of the applications, inside the envelope. They're going to take it all apart and put it in the order they want to anyway.
thank you for your reply!!!

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
OntarioBound said:
WOW, I wasn't aware that they would do that. Thank you very much for this information! I did my medical a month and a half (Beginning of Nov) before we submitted the application at the end of December, so I was a little worried since the process in Ottawa seems to be taking longer now. I think I will be OK then.
Hi! Sorry, not even sure if you still check the forum since you've already landed...but just wondering whether you had to re-do your medical?

Lanegirl

Jun 3, 2016
I have a question. I will be crossing into Canada from Coutts Montana and will be driving a small U-haul to bring my stuff with me. Regarding the household goods form, how specific do I need to be in regards what I am bringing? Can I list 1 box of clothes etc or do I have to list how many pants, shirts, dishes, etc? Does anyone know?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Lanegirl said:
I have a question. I will be crossing into Canada from Coutts Montana and will be driving a small U-haul to bring my stuff with me. Regarding the household goods form, how specific do I need to be in regards what I am bringing? Can I list 1 box of clothes etc or do I have to list how many pants, shirts, dishes, etc? Does anyone know?
1) I would STRONGLY recommend that you don't use the crossing at Coutts. I've heard horrible stories from there. I use Eastgate/Kingsgate, on U.S. 95/B.C. 95. It's open 24 hours/day. The CBSA officers there have been nothing short of awesome. Worth the extra miles.

2) I already completed my form, and all they asked of me was to list my items generally, i.e. two boxes of clothes, tv, laptop, etc. You'll also need to give an approximate replacement value. It'll all depend on the CBSA agent, but I expect you'll have similar results.

Omegabyte

Lanegirl

Jun 3, 2016
Omegabyte said:
1) I would STRONGLY recommend that you don't use the crossing at Coutts. I've heard horrible stories from there. I use Eastgate/Kingsgate, on U.S. 95/B.C. 95. It's open 24 hours/day. The CBSA officers there have been nothing short of awesome. Worth the extra miles.

2) I already completed my form, and all they asked of me was to list my items generally, i.e. two boxes of clothes, tv, laptop, etc. You'll also need to give an approximate replacement value. It'll all depend on the CBSA agent, but I expect you'll have similar results.

Omegabyte
Oh, that one is closer to me. I live in Spokane, but thought this one does not do "immigration"?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Lanegirl said:
Oh, that one is closer to me. I live in Spokane, but thought this one does not do "immigration"?
Hello fellow Spokane-ite!!

Yes, Kingsgate handles immigration. Most, if not all, of the 24 hour/day border crossings can handle immigration.

Welcome to Canada! Our app goes in next week, and hopefully it'll be as quick as others here are seeing (2-4 months, US OUTLAND).

Omegabyte

Lanegirl

Jun 3, 2016
Omegabyte said:
Hello fellow Spokane-ite!!

Yes, Kingsgate handles immigration. Most, if not all, of the 24 hour/day border crossings can handle immigration.

Welcome to Canada! Our app goes in next week, and hopefully it'll be as quick as others here are seeing (2-4 months, US OUTLAND).

Omegabyte
Wish you luck, mine took 11 months, but I submitted mine without the FBI background check being completed. Then they asked for proof of relationship......then later some divorce documents from 25 years ago o_O. Anyway, it is done now thank goodness. Waiting for my passport now as I overnighted my passport photos.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Lanegirl said:
I landed by car and imported car and two cats at Coutts on a holiday weekend, may 30, this year. No waiting, no problems. 24 hrs service .
I listed bag of used clothes.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Lanegirl said:
Wish you luck, mine took 11 months, but I submitted mine without the FBI background check being completed. Then they asked for proof of relationship......then later some divorce documents from 25 years ago o_O. Anyway, it is done now thank goodness. Waiting for my passport now as I overnighted my passport photos.
My FBI report will be here Friday. I decided to use a channeler, instead of doing the 60+ day wait ordering it direct. Our application package is over 400 pages long, with the "proof of relationship" folder over 200 pages alone. I researched this for a month, and I'm throwing in everything but the kitchen sink.

kyatto

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 08-18-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Snowisland said:
I landed by car and imported car and two cats at Coutts on a holiday weekend, may 30, this year. No waiting, no problems. 24 hrs service .
I listed bag of used clothes.
We'll likely be coming up through Coutts but seem to keep hearing of not-so-great experiences there.. nice to see something positive :)

Anyone else experience this crossing or have any suggestions for other good crossings into Alberta? Kingsgate adds quite a few hours to our already lengthy trip.

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
kyatto said:
We'll likely be coming up through Coutts but seem to keep hearing of not-so-great experiences there.. nice to see something positive :)

Anyone else experience this crossing or have any suggestions for other good crossings into Alberta? Kingsgate adds quite a few hours to our already lengthy trip.
A really terrible experience. We had to hire a lawyer because of the experience.