Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
aeastmond said:
After the PPR does the rest of the paper work come in the form of email as well, just trying to understand a little better on the next steps
The next step should be your COPR and it will come in the regular post :)

aeastmond

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
Canuck20 said:
The next step should be your COPR and it will come in the regular post :)
Thank you Canuck20, this has been a long exhausting wait and I hope it comes soon

aeastmond

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
After looking at the Ottawa spreadsheet it seems the average is roughly 30 days from PPR to COPR I will keep my fingers crossed

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
aeastmond said:
Thank you Canuck20, this has been a long exhausting wait and I hope it comes soon
Stay positive. The end may be in sight :)

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
aeastmond said:
After looking at the Ottawa spreadsheet it seems the average is roughly 30 days from PPR to COPR I will keep my fingers crossed
That seems about right. Any delays may have been caused by requests form CIC for additional documentation. I know we were delayed by a request for an RCMP Police Check which required an additional set of fingerprints be done and sent in. We were out of Canada when this request came via email and we had to wait till we were back in Canada in order to get digital fingerprints done and sent in electronically. On the Ottawa spreadsheet the very last column on the right indicates reasons for delays people have experienced.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
In what you have seen on the board and from what people have posted, what is the fastest turnaround time from when someone sent in their application to when they received their CoPR for US Outland?

I have my medical exam tomorrow then sending my application to the hubby Wednesday so he can add his forms then off to Ottawa it goes. I'm on pins and needles double checking everything to make sure it's right, but more so excited to actually have this ball start rolling. I didn't have this many grey hairs when I started this whole process.. lol :)

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Florida Bear said:
In what you have seen on the board and from what people have posted, what is the fastest turnaround time from when someone sent in their application to when they received their CoPR for US?
I had my COPR in hand four months and 23 days after mailing to Mississauga. Our app was transferred from CPP to Los Angeles (prior to the current strike).

Good luck!

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
lawgrrl said:
I had my COPR in hand four months and 23 days after mailing to Mississauga. Our app was transferred from CPP to Los Angeles (prior to the current strike).

Good luck!
Thanks! That is great news and congratulations!! :) I know every case is different and times can vary, but it's so nice to hear of some of the applications moving thru quickly.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lawgrrl said:

Good luck!
According to the Spreadsheet, this is the fastest application. That was just a quick glance. EkkusuXI was one day longer. S/he was also put through L. A. So maybe L. A. is the magic charm?

For someone not transferred to L. A., it seems margobear96 is the fastest at 168 days - once again, based off a quick review of the sheet.

The 'average' is 246 days. That accounts for a few exceptional cases that have taken much longer than published times for various reasons.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Very cool! That's great information and I really appreciate it.

This forum is so wonderful and certainly glad to have found it. Very nice to see good people working together towards a common goal. Big bear hugs all around. 8)

PhBee

Aug 26, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2014
I just got notification that the pkg was delivered to the CPC Mississauga P.O Box. Yay/GULP! :eek:

Gulp because (as I posted elsewhere, but was thinking that it might more pertinant to ask here too): Gah! Of course something goes awry. Yesterday I was just looking over my copy of the pkg I just sent on Friday to CPC Mississauga and realized on the 'Sponsor Questionnaire' under DOB I put the year 2013. *FACEPALM!* The day and month are correct, no idea what I was thinking! Obviously on my 'application of undertaking' and all my other documents I've got the correct DOB. So, is this something I should worry about? Will the IO just pen in the correct date on that form? Or, should I email or fax them a new copy of the form with the correct DOB? If email, does anyone have the email for CPC Mississauga?
Figures!

Also, having read other threads, my head is spinning a bit wondering if I included 'enough' proof in our application. I'm Canadian, hubbs is American (er...obviously, considering this thread I'm posting in!). We were introduced by mutual friends and have been together for almost 3 years, were engaged last summer and married this April. The things we included:

- 50-something pictures of us together (wedding, vacations, post-wedding family/friend dinner). They're not date-stamped because we printed them from Shutterfly while getting our application together.
- Booking information from our destination wedding, as well as the post-wedding dinner that we had (it was just us at the wedding, we didn't want anything big). Scanned copies of our returned RSVP cards and the cards that we received from people at the dinner.
- A dozon or so emails (a lot of which were from when we were first getting to know each other), plus a screen shot of my 'hubbs' folder, which shows we have almost 5000 emails between us. I'm not printing out 5000 emails! :eek:
- Screen shot of his 'magic jack' (a voice over IP service he uses for calling me). Shows only a sample, but gives a good idea of how often we talk and for how long (1.5-2hrs every night). I also sent a screen-shot of my cell bill (it doesn't itemize calls that are on my My10 plan, and I get e-copies, not hardcopies in the mail), to show how many min I use.
- Printouts of my first flight down to see him, his flight to meet my parents. Plus about 20 or so e-recipts from when I would take the bus down to visit him. This also shows that my bus rides would take about 19+ hours! If that isn't love, I don't know what is! ;)
- Screen shots of Facebook 'status changes' (in a relationship/engaged/married) and all of the comments from friends and family.

Is this enough? I know, a little late to ask! ??? I guess I'm just worried as I keep hearing things about how it's a 'good idea' to have lived together before applying? Neither of us have status, save visitor, in each others countries. So, we haven't lived together per se - but, I have spent the past 4mo down here visiting (1mo, left for a weekend, back for 3mo). I don't have anything to prove that, like a lease or something. Though, after I sent the application I realized I could send in my credit card statements April-August showing all of my local purchases (i.e. the Dunkin Doughnuts down the street! :p) to prove I was in the area, or, that I had Amazon purchases shipped here to me. Should I send this after the fact, or, only if the request more proof?

And here I thought all my stress would be done now that the application has been sent off! Riiiiight! ;D

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
So I just noticed now that the letter for Sponsorship approval says they have sent my application "abroad" does that mean it has been sent to an office in the US? After that part of the letter it gives me all the CPP-O office information? Kinda of confused Huh

This is what it says:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail,
fax, or in writing as follows:
CPP Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
E-mail: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Fax number: (613) 946-6059
This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Does that mean it's in CPP-O??

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
PhBee said:
Also, having read other threads, my head is spinning a bit wondering if I included 'enough' proof in our application. I'm Canadian, hubbs is American (er...obviously, considering this thread I'm posting in!). We were introduced by mutual friends and have been together for almost 3 years, were engaged last summer and married this April. The things we included:

- 50-something pictures of us together (wedding, vacations, post-wedding family/friend dinner). They're not date-stamped because we printed them from Shutterfly while getting our application together.
- Booking information from our destination wedding, as well as the post-wedding dinner that we had (it was just us at the wedding, we didn't want anything big). Scanned copies of our returned RSVP cards and the cards that we received from people at the dinner.
- A dozon or so emails (a lot of which were from when we were first getting to know each other), plus a screen shot of my 'hubbs' folder, which shows we have almost 5000 emails between us. I'm not printing out 5000 emails! :eek:
- Screen shot of his 'magic jack' (a voice over IP service he uses for calling me). Shows only a sample, but gives a good idea of how often we talk and for how long (1.5-2hrs every night). I also sent a screen-shot of my cell bill (it doesn't itemize calls that are on my My10 plan, and I get e-copies, not hardcopies in the mail), to show how many min I use.
- Printouts of my first flight down to see him, his flight to meet my parents. Plus about 20 or so e-recipts from when I would take the bus down to visit him. This also shows that my bus rides would take about 19+ hours! If that isn't love, I don't know what is! ;)
- Screen shots of Facebook 'status changes' (in a relationship/engaged/married) and all of the comments from friends and family.

Is this enough? I know, a little late to ask! ???
Looks good to me. What you provided is similar to what we (my wife and I) provided. Right now we are in the final stages of the application and the VO hasn't said anything about needing more proof.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
We are over the top happy tonight!! We were away at a family reunion in Alberta since Thursday and when my husband arrived home in the US tonight his COPR was in the mail!!!! Not sure when exactly it arrived, but it was dated July 31, so I think it probably just arrived today. SO happy and thankful we are almost done...just the Landing to go (likely next weekend).

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
IslandAnnie said:
We are over the top happy tonight!! We were away at a family reunion in Alberta since Thursday and when my husband arrived home in the US tonight his COPR was in the mail!!!! Not sure when exactly it arrived, but it was dated July 31, so I think it probably just arrived today. SO happy and thankful we are almost done...just the Landing to go (likely next weekend).
Congrats and good luck with the landing! :D