Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
You can put the car on goods to follow list (that's what I did and my B4A stamped, no problem). Just that after you landed, try to avoid driving your car around within Canada, or you'll risk yourself being pulled over by cops as a Canadian resident is not supposed to drive a US plated car that is not properly imported. Though you're ok to drive it point to point from Canada to US and vice versa.

podkayne8 said:
Landing question -

This has probably been answered somewhere already but I am not seeing the answer immediately. I preparing to land but I don't want to import my car yet. Can I list it as goods to follow and import it when I am ready?

My car is actually already here in Canada as I drove it up as a visitor. I am in the process of paying it off and getting the title but it is going to be another month or so and I want to land now if possible so I can get my SIN card and start working.

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
This has probably been answered somewhere already but I am not seeing the answer immediately. I preparing to land but I don't want to import my car yet. Can I list it as goods to follow and import it when I am ready?

My car is actually already here in Canada as I drove it up as a visitor. I am in the process of paying it off and getting the title but it is going to be another month or so and I want to land now if possible so I can get my SIN card and start working.
I am in the process of importing my car now.
I Put it on goods to follow......
I dropped off my title today and have to drive up Thursday to finish it ( my border does not let you fax it.)
My plan was to land...which I did...move to a bigger place then ....then drive back to get my stuff and do the car and everything all at once.
BUT I got a job offer right away and can not leave to get my things....so importing my car now and getting my things later.

Good luck

PS with the move and my job I have not been on here for a while....was gobsmacked about Buffalo closing.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gypsy494 said:
I am in the process of importing my car now.
I Put it on goods to follow......
I dropped off my title today and have to drive up Thursday to finish it ( my border does not let you fax it.)
My plan was to land...which I did...move to a bigger place then ....then drive back to get my stuff and do the car and everything all at once.
BUT I got a job offer right away and can not leave to get my things....so importing my car now and getting my things later.

Good luck

PS with the move and my job I have not been on here for a while....was gobsmacked about Buffalo closing.
Congrats on the quick job offer. :)

DCGelfling

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Passport Req..
03-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
30-12-2012
I have some questions that probably don't have definitive answers, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'll be graduating in mid-August, and once that happens, my ties to New Mexico are pretty much nil. Our plan is for DH (my sponsor) to come out here a bit before that and help me get rid of stuff that won't come to Canada with me. From there, we'll drive to my parents' house in VA, and drop off any stuff that screams "moving" and then drive up and hope the border guard will let me visit DH until my PR goes thru or we visit my family for Christmas, whichever comes first.

Given that I won't have an address in NM anymore, should I take the time to change over my driver's license and title to VA and my parents' address, or leave it at NM? I'm not even sure how I'd demonstrate VA residency. We're hoping to only stay in VA for about a week; DH needs to be back for the new school year, at least.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
cgagnon said:
Have you tried flying into buffalo and then either being picked up or taking AMtrack? 2-3 times a day they go from buffalo airport to toronto...you would save all the international fees!
If you're going from Buffalo to Toronto, Greyhound is your best bet. There's at least 10 buses per day and it only cost $20 from the main terminal in Buffalo, (you can also get it at the airport but I'm not sure the schedule/price), to the main one in Toronto as of last year. The main bus depot in Toronto is also right in the heart of downtown so it's easy to find and convenient.

It is a 2.5 - 3 hr trip depending on if you get a local or express bus but still not bad at all for the $$ you'll save by avoiding international flights. I fly out of Toronto when I go to see my wife and save nearly 50% over flying from Buffalo.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
We got this reply to our e-mail:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents/information/forms and/or payment:

Proof of efforts made on moving back to Canada and intention to reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Evidence may include, but not limited to, letter from a prospective employer in Canada, letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution, proof of having rented or bought a dwelling in Canada, other reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada. etc..
Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The information/documents/forms and/or payment requested above must be received in our office within 120 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application. Please indicate your complete name and application number on your correspondence.

Don't know what I am going to do... When I originally called CIC-M before we applied I asked about this and said since we had no idea when we would be approved how could we send any proof? The agent on the phone told me just to write a letter explaining this. So I did. Guess it wasn't enough.

Do you guys have any advice? Oddly, I did have an interview with a woman a couple of days ago and was told I passed the interview and am invited to attend an in person interview in September (I am flying there by myself then and also already have my plane ticket). just so you know, this company requires 2 interview for everyone (first one phone, second in person). Anyway, so I am thinking of writing this woman I had the interview with and asking her to write about it, and sending that letter along with my plane ticket to LA. Do you think that's enough??

By the way, along with our FXXXXXX number, we the e-mail also had a BXXXXXXX number

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all, quick question, I have been given a visitor's record before and have a UCI number, I was wondering should I put my UCI number on the generic form (IMM 0008)? Also, does your UCI ever "expire?" Thanks :)

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Amoss said:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents/information/forms and/or payment:

Proof of efforts made on moving back to Canada and intention to reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Evidence may include, but not limited to, letter from a prospective employer in Canada, letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution, proof of having rented or bought a dwelling in Canada, other reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada. etc..
Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The information/documents/forms and/or payment requested above must be received in our office within 120 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application. Please indicate your complete name and application number on your correspondence.

Don't know what I am going to do... When I originally called CIC-M before we applied I asked about this and said since we had no idea when we would be approved how could we send any proof? The agent on the phone told me just to write a letter explaining this. So I did. Guess it wasn't enough.

Do you guys have any advice? Oddly, I did have an interview with a woman a couple of days ago and was told I passed the interview and am invited to attend an in person interview in September (I am flying there by myself then and also already have my plane ticket). just so you know, this company requires 2 interview for everyone (first one phone, second in person). Anyway, so I am thinking of writing this woman I had the interview with and asking her to write about it, and sending that letter along with my plane ticket to LA. Do you think that's enough??

By the way, along with our FXXXXXX number, we the e-mail also had a BXXXXXXX number
amoss! bah!! sorry for the added thing to do...that sounds like a good plan. do you have family in canada that can write about your intent to move back? good luck!!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
avocadosandcheese said:
amoss! bah!! sorry for the added thing to do...that sounds like a good plan. do you have family in canada that can write about your intent to move back? good luck!!
Thanks! good idea. I will ask my family to write something

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
Amoss said:

I'm sorry to hear that. This sort of email is my biggest fear too. What did you include in your application when you submitted your application to Mississauga except your letter? Maybe you can add your American contract if you have one (which will show that in such and such time it's going to end). Letter from your family should be also a good idea.

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
LovingMyCanuck said:
Hey all, quick question, I have been given a visitor's record before and have a UCI number, I was wondering should I put my UCI number on the generic form (IMM 0008)? Also, does your UCI ever "expire?" Thanks :)
Yes, you should use it on the form. It does not expire, and will be on your pr card when you receive it.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Midwest said:
I'm sorry to hear that. This sort of email is my biggest fear too. What did you include in your application when you submitted your application to Mississauga except your letter? Maybe you can add your American contract if you have one (which will show that in such and such time it's going to end). Letter from your family should be also a good idea.
I guess I understand why you write that (like it being your biggest fear) but I gotta think it mainly means to me that our file is in process and we will get these proofs off by Monday at the latest to them (express post) and then give them another nudge (e-mail) beginning of August if we haven't heard anything.

Thing is, we didn't include any exact proof in our app because we had no idea when we would be approved. I had called CIC-M with this concern and the agent told me to simply include a letter explaining that. That's all we did and I guess it wasn't enough.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Hi all!

Just wanted to share the great news: Got PPR today!! It couldn't be better timing as we are driving down to Los Angeles next week (for our anniversary party!) so we can take the passports to the LA office and pick them up the same day! We are very excited!! As my E-Cas still shows "in process" let's just all remember that in time things will happen..and even though we are kept in the dark, know that they are moving along! We definitely had our share of confusion and stress, given that until PPR today, we have never received anything in the mail from CIC or VO. Best of luck everyone....we'll check in again soon!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all!

Just wanted to share the great news: Got PPR today!! It couldn't be better timing as we are driving down to Los Angeles next week (for our anniversary party!) so we can take the passports to the LA office and pick them up the same day! We are very excited!! As my E-Cas still shows "in process" let's just all remember that in time things will happen..and even though we are kept in the dark, know that they are moving along! We definitely had our share of confusion and stress, given that until PPR today, we have never received anything in the mail from CIC or VO. Best of luck everyone....we'll check in again soon!

Yeah congrats! While you are in LA can u nudge them and get them to send my husbands passport back ASAP lol

Sooooooo exciting! This is super fast processing based on everything I've read!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Amoss said:
In previous cases I have read, the sponsor has included information about the concrete things she or he CAN do prior to granting PR to the accompanying spouse. This can include a letter from family saying that you may stay with them upon your return; a lease for a dwelling there, contact records you have made with placement agencies for someone of your specific skills, listings of jobs available in the area that correspond to your skill set, evidence that you have visited for looking for work and/or housing.

Bottom line: they want to know that you have some sort of plan on how to proceed on returning to Canada, even if it is subject to your spouse obtaining PR.