+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

ebay2012

Jan 7, 2024
Sailing in the same boat. God knows why this takes so long and this issue is only for Toronto. Other consulates are pretty quick
My wife renewed her B2 visa in May. Took her only 2 weeks since application, and she was not placed in the 4-week "virtual" queue like me.

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024
My wife renewed her B2 visa in May. Took her only 2 weeks since application, and she was not placed in the 4-week "virtual" queue like me.
Same for my husband, but he sent his passport to ottawa and recieved it stamped in a week. This application is for my mother and she is renewing. You already sent your passport correct?

ebay2012

Jan 7, 2024
Same for my husband, but he sent his passport to ottawa and recieved it stamped in a week. This application is for my mother and she is renewing. You already sent your passport correct?
Yup, already sent since Dec 19. Application created on Dec 21 and nothing's changed since then.

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024
Just realize that next Monday will be US Martin Luther King day, which means we will be panicked for another day if nothing moves today and tomorrow.
Yes I checked their holiday calendar. Our travel is for Monday and I doubt that's happening now. This is so stressful. If we knew it was taking this long we would have waited to submit the passport

ebay2012

Jan 7, 2024
Yes I checked their holiday calendar. Our travel is for Monday and I doubt that's happening now. This is so stressful. If we knew it was taking this long we would have waited to submit the passport
This may be too late but I know there is a possibility to withdraw your passport and submit it back:

NIV Return or Withdrawal of Passport
If you need your passport for urgent travel that is not to the United States, please contact Canada.visas@gdit-gss.com. Your email should include:

• Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • Your application number
  • A short description of your situation and reason why you need your passport.

Retrieving your passport at the consulate is not an option. You will receive an email notification when your passport is out for delivery. The return process can take several business days, so you should plan accordingly.

How do I send my passport back to you?
If your case is pending administrative processing, we will contact you once it is complete. Otherwise, you can send your passport back to us once you return to Canada. The instructions on how to send your passport back to us are found on the visa information service website.

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024
This may be too late but I know there is a possibility to withdraw your passport and submit it back:

NIV Return or Withdrawal of Passport
If you need your passport for urgent travel that is not to the United States, please contact Canada.visas@gdit-gss.com. Your email should include:

• Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • Your application number
  • A short description of your situation and reason why you need your passport.

Retrieving your passport at the consulate is not an option. You will receive an email notification when your passport is out for delivery. The return process can take several business days, so you should plan accordingly.

How do I send my passport back to you?
If your case is pending administrative processing, we will contact you once it is complete. Otherwise, you can send your passport back to us once you return to Canada. The instructions on how to send your passport back to us are found on the visa information service website.
I heard that if you withdraw you need to start the process again and possible cannot be waived again. So don't want to risk that as there are no appointments until 2026

ebay2012

Jan 7, 2024
I heard that if you withdraw you need to start the process again and possible cannot be waived again. So don't want to risk that as there are no appointments until 2026
I sent them an email today and they replied within an hour:

"Thank you for contacting the U.S. Consulate General in Toronto. As noted in the instructions, the process takes between 4 and 6 weeks to be completed once we have received your application. You will receive an email when your passport is ready for delivery."

My best hope is that they will issue it within next week after MLK Day... But you never know.

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024

"Thank you for contacting the U.S. Consulate General in Toronto. As noted in the instructions, the process takes between 4 and 6 weeks to be completed once we have received your application. You will receive an email when your passport is ready for delivery."

My best hope is that they will issue it within next week after MLK Day... But you never know.
I doubt anything is gonna move even today :(

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024

Anything ?