+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

ebay2012

Jan 7, 2024
O
May I know what did you mail them?
Include all the information they required from you (you can look in the link, choose your case, they provide quite detailed requirements on the email content and subject). I then added two paragraphs explaining my case and why I need the passport as soon as possible.

24CANUSA

Jan 18, 2024
My husband faced a similar situation. His visa was granted immediately, but we had to wait for over four weeks for his passport without any additional requests. Surprisingly, it then went into administrative processing, despite no further documents or questions being requested, only to be denied later on the grounds that we lacked strong ties to Canada. This situation is utterly absurd given that I am a Canadian citizen, he holds permanent residency, and we both have stable full-time jobs and own a house in Canada. I strongly advise you to proactively reach out and provide documents for financial proof and evidence of your strong ties to Canada. It appears that even though they verify financial information and employment during the interview, these factors are somehow overlooked during processing, leading to a baffling outcome without any document requests for review. The US visa processing system seems to be highly flawed. Unfortunately, there are no adequate phone numbers or email addresses for inquiries. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a way to contact them or submit additional documents for your visa application. All the best!
Is your husband attempted to give interview again after refusal ?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I will.

What a stressful process. I always know that we should not expect anything fast / convenient here but I guess many of us were overly optimistic given past experience with US visa renewal...
Seems like knowingly or unknowingly there are rush of applications to Toronto consulate when compared to Ottawa. May be people aren't aware that they can send their docs to any consulate irrespective of what province/how close they live-in. And as there are more concentration of people in Toronto thats how Toronto receives more applications compared to others( atleast as far as i have seen updates from people in this group)

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024
O

Include all the information they required from you (you can look in the link, choose your case, they provide quite detailed requirements on the email content and subject). I then added two paragraphs explaining my case and why I need the passport as soon as possible.
Morning status finally changed to approved. Thank God atleast a lil sigh of relief. Did your passport get dispatched?

lamyar09

Jan 6, 2024
Seems like knowingly or unknowingly there are rush of applications to Toronto consulate when compared to Ottawa. May be people aren't aware that they can send their docs to any consulate irrespective of what province/how close they live-in. And as there are more concentration of people in Toronto thats how Toronto receives more applications compared to others( atleast as far as i have seen updates from people in this group)
You are 100% right

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Hi. I applied for my US Visa renewal and qualify for the interview waiver. Today I got the email with the Courier-In instructions asking me to submit my passport along with the supporting documents. I have gone ahead and generated the "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" but I wanted to clarify how the documents needs to be finally submitted. Can I hand them over to any Canada Post outlet or do they need to be sent through a specific one or do I need to go and submit it the Point of Sale Delivery Address that I had chosen for return of my passport?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi. I applied for my US Visa renewal and qualify for the interview waiver. Today I got the email with the Courier-In instructions asking me to submit my passport along with the supporting documents. I have gone ahead and generated the "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" but I wanted to clarify how the documents needs to be finally submitted. Can I hand them over to any Canada Post outlet or do they need to be sent through a specific one or do I need to go and submit it the Point of Sale Delivery Address that I had chosen for return of my passport?
You can hand over them to any Canada Post outlet. In my case, i had posted them from the place where i chose the "Point of sale delivery".

Afnashpk

Feb 4, 2024
Hello everyone,
I have issue with my appointment for US visa application, Every time I tried to reschedule found slot and time when I confirm message came
“ your appointment couldn’t be scheduled please make a valid selection “
Why does it happen and what should I do, please someone help me, thanks

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have issue with my appointment for US visa application, Every time I tried to reschedule found slot and time when I confirm message came
“ your appointment couldn’t be scheduled please make a valid selection “
Why does it happen and what should I do, please someone help me, thanks
It might be because someone would have already booked that slot. Next time try booking it as quick as possible(as multiple people would be reserving slots in parallel) or if you get that message try booking some other time slot. If you have already tried all this then your only solution is to reach out to customer care.