+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Aresa

Feb 5, 2024
Hi everyone,
I have the us interview in Toronto for visistor visa on 24 Jan 2024. The officer said no worries, I could receive my passport back in 5 days. It has been more than 10 days, still showing Approved status.

Does anyone has the interview during this week? Have you received the passport back?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have the us interview in Toronto for visistor visa on 24 Jan 2024. The officer said no worries, I could receive my passport back in 5 days. It has been more than 10 days, still showing Approved status.

Does anyone has the interview during this week? Have you received the passport back?
Your status needs to change from "Approved" to "Issued" and then you will get the tracking details for the return of your packet.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hi. I applied for my US Visa renewal and qualify for the interview waiver. Today I got the email with the Courier-In instructions asking me to submit my passport along with the supporting documents. I have gone ahead and generated the "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" but I wanted to clarify how the documents needs to be finally submitted. Can I hand them over to any Canada Post outlet or do they need to be sent through a specific one or do I need to go and submit it the Point of Sale Delivery Address that I had chosen for return of my passport?
How long did you take to receive instructions, was it a long wait?

usgirl123

Feb 11, 2024
Hi.
I had my in-person interview for my H1B renewal in Ottawa on Feb 8, 2024. TCN in Canada only visiting for the interview and renewal process
Opted for in person pickup with Canada Post in Ottawa with premium delivery
Visa officer said approved and you'll receive it sooner with premium.

I know this has only been a couple of days. Just wondering how long it usually takes to go from approved to issued in Ottawa or anyone that went to Ottawa for in-person around this time ? Hoping to head back to the US by Tuesday for a big project kickoff

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

Hello, any update on your passport return?

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
I had my visa appointment in Toronto on 23rd February, status showed approved the same day. Not sure how long it takes to change to issued and return now.

Last edited:

Jtani

Mar 7, 2024
I had my visa appointment in Toronto on 23rd February, status showed approved the same day. Not sure how long it takes to change to issued and return now.
Did you get your passport yet? I went for an interview on 26th feb and the officer said you will get your passport back in 1 week. But nothing here.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Oh nice, my status still shows approved. Im waiting for it to change to issued as only then they will dispatch it. :(
I saw some people on this post mention that theirs changed to issues after 2 weeks of the interview, which may also depend on visa type sometimes.

Jtani

Mar 7, 2024
I saw some people on this post mention that theirs changed to issues after 2 weeks of the interview, which may also depend on visa type sometimes.
Okay so i should wait till next monday then as my interview was on 26th feb so 2 weeks complete next monday! In any case we cant do anything as they dont have any number where we can contact them or request them to expedite the process.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Okay so i should wait till next monday then as my interview was on 26th feb so 2 weeks complete next monday! In any case we cant do anything as they dont have any number where we can contact them or request them to expedite the process.
Yes, can't do anything if they are taking longer to process :( . It is very unnerving to wait and check constantly without any positive change.