+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Deported. First time Canada Entry with PR.

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Hi, I’m a Canadian PR holder. I was deported from US in june 2021.

I have entered canada on Dec 01 2019 for the first time with COPR, and got my PR card. I did not get a SIN Number nor a bank account there. I have not entered Canada since then. Right now I have a job offer from a company in Canada and planning to enter Canada on Aug 18th. What kind of questions can I expect at immigration and will there be any impact of the revoked US visa on my passport while entering Canada? I got deported from USA because they found out I used a proxy for cracking a job interview in US. I filed a legal case and fighting on the case in US. What do I tell the Canadian Immigration officer if he/she asks about it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I’m a Canadian PR holder. I was deported from US in june 2021.

I have entered canada on Dec 01 2019 for the first time with COPR, and got my PR card. I did not get a SIN Number nor a bank account there. I have not entered Canada since then. Right now I have a job offer from a company in Canada and planning to enter Canada on Aug 18th. What kind of questions can I expect at immigration and will there be any impact of the revoked US visa on my passport while entering Canada? I got deported from USA because they found out I used a proxy for cracking a job interview in US. I filed a legal case and fighting on the case in US. What do I tell the Canadian Immigration officer if he/she asks about it?
Canada is highly unlikely to ask about this.

This isn't criminal activity so not material to your PR status in Canada.

If you are asked, simply tell the truth. That's always the best policy with immigration questions.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hey @Saikrn ,

Can you please elaborate on what happened in your situation. You can DM me if you'd like so you were deported while entering the border? Did they find something on your devices? Which Port of Entry?

Canada couldn't care less about it. If you have a PR card, you should be able to come in & live your live normally here.