05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I got my PPR email today.
Question about the photographs. Where did you get those done? Places like CVS, Costco etc. do passport photos in US specs, do they also do Canada specs? Alternatively, do they provide digital copies that I can cut and print myself? (I can handwrite the name of the studio on the back).

Secondly, did you generate the Fedex return label online or in store? How much does it cost? Which option?
Congrats!

I got my photographs done at DOI Camera. I am still waiting for my PR card, so I don't know yet if they will be accepted.
http://www.doicamera.com/passport.html#canada

I initially tried to generate FedEx return label online, but my credit card kept getting rejected. So I went into a store and got help from an employee. It took about 40 minutes, but the employee was able to set up an account for me that let me generate a return label. The fee actually wasn't charged on my credit card until a week after my COPR had arrived, and the final amount charged was $18.57. I chose the 3 to 5 day FedEx international service.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Anyone here used a moving company to move their belonging to Canada before they even land? I'm told it is a possible and your stuff would just get into Canada and be kept in an inbond warehouse for you until you land and clear everything in customs?

Checking to see if anyone had used that service.

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
I got my PPR email today.
Question about the photographs. Where did you get those done? Places like CVS, Costco etc. do passport photos in US specs, do they also do Canada specs? Alternatively, do they provide digital copies that I can cut and print myself? (I can handwrite the name of the studio on the back).

Secondly, did you generate the Fedex return label online or in store? How much does it cost? Which option?
Can you tell me what exactly was requested in the PPR email? Hoping to get mine soon and I'd like to start getting things ready.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Can you tell me what exactly was requested in the PPR email? Hoping to get mine soon and I'd like to start getting things ready.
For each applicant (primary and dependents) : Passport (or photocopy of photo page if you are from a Visa exempt country), 2 photographs as per Canada specs (done from commercial photographer with their name, address, date photo taken on the back),
For the whole family : a standard form called Annex E (it is in the email) and prepaid return label for receiving the passport back.

Reactions: Mrs. Kow

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hey Guys,

How did you guys handle letter of employment when you moved onshore?

I have been working with same company for over 6 years but 2 of those years are in US. I think i have to make two separate entries in work experience.

One for india and one for US. Does the same letter of employment work for both the entries?
Guys any inputs on this ? Has somebody gone through the same situation ?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Read it as on "how" you entered
I have entered two entries since travel history is for US for the time I am employed in US

So it goes like 2011-2016 India

2016- present : usa

And my employer is giving two different letter for both and not combined .

Any idea if that will be a problem ? And the other thing is my company is ABC pvt Ltd in India and ABC LLP in usa .

I am planning to explain that in LOE

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I have entered two entries since travel history is for US for the time I am employed in US

So it goes like 2011-2016 India

2016- present : usa

And my employer is giving two different letter for both and not combined .

Any idea if that will be a problem ? And the other thing is my company is ABC pvt Ltd in India and ABC LLP in usa .

I am planning to explain that in LOE
Its absolutely fine..LOE would make it even better

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
For each applicant (primary and dependents) : Passport (or photocopy of photo page if you are from a Visa exempt country), 2 photographs as per Canada specs (done from commercial photographer with their name, address, date photo taken on the back),
For the whole family : a standard form called Annex E (it is in the email) and prepaid return label for receiving the passport back.
Did it say if we can use the same photograph that was submitted in the EE file? Mine was done at a professional place.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
They just need a 'recent' photograph. I don't know what qualifies as recent.
Taken within the last 6 months. The photograph needs a stamp on the back with the name of the photography studio and the date the picture was taken.

Reactions: boldmove2018

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
They just need a 'recent' photograph. I don't know what qualifies as recent.
Thanks. I guess I could use the one I took in Toronto when I was visiting three months ago. I don't have a signature behind the picture but the photographer gives me his name card...

boldmove2018

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Taken within the last 6 months. The photograph needs a stamp on the back with the name of the photography studio and the date the picture was taken.
I wouldn't have a stamp...I have the email and name card from where the photo was taken. I could go to Walgreens/CVS but they don't take good photos and they also modify things...unless I go to a professional photographer, which I feel is an overkill...Where do people take photos in the US?