+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - which to apply first - Spousal work permit or PR

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hi All,
My close relative is getting married next month. His individual CEC PR application is in progress (submitted app in Feb 2021) as he's working in Canada currently on pgwp. His fiance is outside Canada.
Once he gets married next month, he is considering applying for Spousal WP and bringing her to Canada before adding her to his PR application. What are the chances her dependent Work Permit application will be approved? And should he let IRCC know that he is getting married as he doesn't want to do a Spousal PR application separately.
Any advise will help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
My close relative is getting married next month. His individual CEC PR application is in progress (submitted app in Feb 2021) as he's working in Canada currently on pgwp. His fiance is outside Canada.
Once he gets married next month, he is considering applying for Spousal WP and bringing her to Canada before adding her to his PR application. What are the chances her dependent Work Permit application will be approved? And should he let IRCC know that he is getting married as he doesn't want to do a Spousal PR application separately.
Any advise will help.
We can't tell you the chances the SOWP will be approved based on these extremely limited details. However she can certainly apply once they are married assuming he has a NOC A, B or 0 job.

She can apply for the SOWP at the same time as he adds her to the PR application. I would recommend that he notify as soon as he is married to get her added to the PR application since this process will cause delays to processing. The sooner the better.

No - he should not let IRCC know he is getting married in the future. IRCC doesn't care. He should only notify IRCC once he is in fact married and needs to add his new spouse to the PR application.